Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4 wins will get us promoted

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:51 pm

My opinion and I know lots have worked out different things over the last ten games, but you can’t really do that until the last few and even then difficult. Am working on the basis Fulham win 3 and draw one of remaining games. If this happens 4 wins will see us promoted.

A massive ask but not impossible when you consider runs we have been on previously. What we will need to do is take risks. We have had an amazing season, remain difficult to beat even of late but defending and hoping to pinch a goal or two o the break won’t be enough for four wins when you look at our fixtures.

What’s the answer? Warnock will have that and will get them giving everything trying to achieve that, this lot give everything and that’s all I ask.

The three games were always going to be difficult but let’s be bold and have a go. Still all to play for but so difficult. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 4 wins will get us promoted

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I have thought for a few weeks now that the runners up spot will be a side with 91 points. I still believe that will be the magic number.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I have thought for a few weeks now that the runners up spot will be a side with 91 points. I still believe that will be the magic number.

4 wins is a big ask but it’s achievable. I might be wrong and 3 wins and a draw will do it if Fulham slip up twice. They might not slip at all and if that’s the case thats an incredible record. We simply have to beat Norwich. I said Tuesday we need 3 points from villa and Norwich to keep it in our hands. Still on course. This is def not over. :thumbup:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:11 pm

You state 4 wins will get us promoted as if Fulham win all the game and we win 4 they go up.

We just need to take one game at a time we need to look at it like we need to win all our games.. win all our games and we go up simple.

You could say we only need to win 2 because Fulham might lose all the games coming up however they won’t but no point trying to guess how many games you think we need to win as it never really pans out thag way, it could be 4 wins it might have to be 5 it could be 3.

Look at it as we need to win every game we now play unless obviously Fulham slip the same game week as us

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:14 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:You state 4 wins will get us promoted as if Fulham win all the game and we win 4 they go up.

We just need to take one game at a time we need to look at it like we need to win all our games.. win all our games and we go up simple.

You could say we only need to win 2 because Fulham might lose all the games coming up however they won’t but no point trying to guess how many games you think we need to win as it never really pans out thag way, it could be 4 wins it might have to be 5 it could be 3.

Look at it as we need to win every game we now play unless obviously Fulham slip the same game week as us

I agree with you, it rarely pans out especially in championship. Maybe am trying to convince myself that all is. It over and four is achievable where 5 with three tough aways is not.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Any point is so vital that is why losing one point v Wolves in injury time and one more late last night was so crucial.

Plus goal difference is worth an extra point. Fulham are not conceding goals period.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah I agree and have said on a few occasions I believe 4 wins will do it, I believe Fulham will drop at least 2 possibly 4 points and if they don’t then all credit to them.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Yeah I agree and have said on a few occasions I believe 4 wins will do it, I believe Fulham will drop at least 2 possibly 4 points and if they don’t then all credit to them.

Agree with you I think 3 wins might be enough tho

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Back to normality on the weekend, we will win. They will drop points. and then we will all say "win at Derby and we are up" back like 2 weeks ago.

Everyone chill, weekend's almost here :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:You state 4 wins will get us promoted as if Fulham win all the game and we win 4 they go up.

Let's put it another way then.

Four more wins for us and the most deserving team will go up.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:00 pm

You could say we only need to win 2 because Fulham might lose all the games coming up however they won’t but no point trying to guess how many games you think we need to win as it never really pans out that way, it could be 4 wins it might have to be 5 it could be 3.

Look at it as we need to win every game we now play unless obviously, Fulham slip the same game week as us

In other words, beat Derby and match Fulhams results - Correct :thumbup:

I think we will do it if we beat Norwich on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 pm

there’s still 15 points to play for, it can be done. We’ve got NW! We can’t second guess this laegue, it bites you on the arse. Toughest league there is. One game at a time and pray Fulham slip up. Let’s hope we’ve had our banana skins. Come on Millwall, do us a favour and savage them at the den!

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Bluebina wrote:

You could say we only need to win 2 because Fulham might lose all the games coming up however they won’t but no point trying to guess how many games you think we need to win as it never really pans out that way, it could be 4 wins it might have to be 5 it could be 3.

Look at it as we need to win every game we now play unless obviously, Fulham slip the same game week as us

In other words, beat Derby and match Fulhams results - Correct :thumbup:

I think we will do it if we beat Norwich on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:laughing6: correct easier said than done but achievable. :thumbup:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Danny Says wrote:Any point is so vital that is why losing one point v Wolves in injury time and one more late last night was so crucial.

Plus goal difference is worth an extra point. Fulham are not conceding goals period.

Fulham have conceded 3 in last 6 games.
Brentford have conceded 3 in last 6 (which were against us 6 games ago). So conceded 0 in last 5. Something tells me this local Derby has got 0-0 written all over it.

Then they play Millwall away week Friday, who have scored more and conceded less than Fulham in last 6 games.

Its not over yet

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 am

We need Brentford and Millwall to take points off them , draws are good, wins even better :ayatollah: but we just need to take care of our own games and finish season like we started = 5 wins ! :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 am

I agree- but 3 of those wins will be in the playoffs!

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 am

Norwich 1 Bluebirds2

Fulham 1 Brentford 2

You heard it here first :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:24 am

Bananas wrote:Norwich 1 Bluebirds2

Fulham 1 Brentford 2

You heard it here first :ayatollah:

I think I read it :old:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

I believe if we win Saturday we will go up,it will be the start of our final winning streak.
Very very important game.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm

As corny as it sounds, all you can do is affect things that are under your own control - ie your own performances and your own results and we should only be thinking about the next match.

We can't affect anything Fulham do, so can only hope that our performances and results bring us more points than Fulham over the next few weeks.