Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Talksport

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:38 am

Interviewed Mick McCarthey yesterday.
He was explaining how hard it is to be a manager on a low budget hence his disappointment with Ipswich fans being him.
Anyway he said you only have to look at the premiership and the table positions are basically as per amount spent.
He says the championship is the same aside from 2 clubs millwall and Cardiff who both have low spends compared to others but have managed to get up in the top positions.
What is our spend this season? Anyone know?

Re: Talksport

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Interviewed Mick McCarthey yesterday.
He was explaining how hard it is to be a manager on a low budget hence his disappointment with Ipswich fans being him.
Anyway he said you only have to look at the premiership and the table positions are basically as per amount spent.
He says the championship is the same aside from 2 clubs millwall and Cardiff who both have low spends compared to others but have managed to get up in the top positions.

I think its roughly 5m mate.
Figures are all over the shop but if you go with Madine at 2m I think the 5m is accurate.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Figures are all over the shop but if you go with Madine at 2m I think the 5m is accurate.

Wolves have spent that on a ballboy.

Mick McCarthy is spot on. Derby must've spent a fortune over the last few years too.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:21 am

jimmy_rat wrote:

Mick McCarthy is spot on. Derby must've spent a fortune over the last few years too.

Didn't those clowns spend 8 million on Tom Lawrence ? :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am

jimmy_rat wrote:

Didn't those clowns spend 8 million on Tom Lawrence ? :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

8m! I'm sure that's probably all we've paid for our whole 1st team!

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:06 am

wasn't Madine confirmed as 4million rising to 6?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 am

I think there are a few teams who must be sweating on promotion this time with money spent ,teams that have constantly spent big over a number of years must breach that FFP at some point?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 am

What have Fulham spent to be where they are anyone know?.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:24 am

As many have predicted,Derby will have a total financial revamp if they don't go up this season,even their chairman says so.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:32 am

skiprat wrote:What have Fulham spent to be where they are anyone know?.

Not the most accurate because many transfer fees are left undisclised these days. but according to transfermrkt just short of 19m. Doesn't include loan fees either.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-fulh ... verein/931