Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Norwich

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 am

Got the message from Lawnmower that we are setting off at 6:30 on Saturday... :occasion5:
Apologies in advance for the afternoon posts :laughing6:

Anyone know how many tickets we've sold so far?

Re: Norwich

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 am

last heard was 700 but around 900 :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:45 am

Only ordered mine late yesterday afternoon. Arrived first thing this morning which is great as I thought hunting the postman down on Saturday morning. Cant wait. The train will take the strain which after the journey back on Friday and Tuesday will be very welcome.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

epping blue wrote:Only ordered mine late yesterday afternoon. Arrived first thing this morning which is great as I thought hunting the postman down on Saturday morning. Cant wait. The train will take the strain which after the journey back on Friday and Tuesday will be very welcome.

I didn't even think about a train. How long does that take and are there change overs?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
epping blue wrote:Only ordered mine late yesterday afternoon. Arrived first thing this morning which is great as I thought hunting the postman down on Saturday morning. Cant wait. The train will take the strain which after the journey back on Friday and Tuesday will be very welcome.

I didn't even think about a train. How long does that take and are there change overs?

For me its straight from Stratford. For South Wales change in London. Paddington / Liverpool Street. Could be change in Reading and Shenfield fairly soon.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Looking forward to this one, driving up Saturday morning.. staying overnight..

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm

We are going on the five to six from Cardiff to Paddington. Tube to Liverpool Street and then to Norwich, arrive 11.45. We got advance tickets a while back but very pricey otherwise. Also a train leaves five to seven but gets in Norwich 12.45. If you do go and you cant get a cheapy, consider looking at split tickets. Cardiff to London, London to Norwich. May also need to get separate ticket across London but as you have an hour and 40 mins to do it, you can walk it if your sense of direction is good!

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:51 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

We are going on the five to six from Cardiff to Paddington. Tube to Liverpool Street and then to Norwich, arrive 11.45. We got advance tickets a while back but very pricey otherwise. Also a train leaves five to seven but gets in Norwich 12.45. If you do go and you cant get a cheapy, consider looking at split tickets. Cardiff to London, London to Norwich. May also need to get separate ticket across London but as you have an hour and 40 mins to do it, you can walk it if your sense of direction is good!

Sorted the bus for this time mate but it is something to think about for the future.
I've only been to Norwich once but my mates said it took them 7 hrs last year on the way home :shock: