Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players awards night

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Just had an email from the club asking me if I'd like to go to the player's awards night on 6th May at some hotel in town.

Only £59 (plus VAT) per ticket! :o :o :o

It does include some food and a half bottle of wine I suppose :o :o

I guess that the club have hijacked this event as for many years it was run by the Supporters Club who used to hold it at the stadium and there used to be a couple of players seated on each table.

They'd usually buy a round of drinks and hang around for a short while after the meal to sign things (except when Dave Jones was in charge and hardly any of them turned up, and most of those who did left to go on the piss the moment the meal was over).

£70.80 is an extortionate amount in my opinion - still I suppose with the parachute payments stopping next season the club need to find the wages from somewhere!

Re: Players awards night

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:36 pm

davids wrote:Just had an email from the club asking me if I'd like to go to the player's awards night on 6th May at some hotel in town.

I guess that the club have hijacked this event as for many years it was run by the Supporters Club who used to hold it at the stadium and there used to be a couple of players seated on each table.

They'd usually buy a round of drinks and hang around for a short while after the meal to sign things (except when Dave Jones was in charge and hardly any of them turned up, and most of those who did left to go on the piss the moment the meal was over).

£70.80 is an extortionate amount in my opinion - still I suppose with the parachute payments stopping next season the club need to find the wages from somewhere!

Half a bottle dai??

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 pm

davids wrote:Just had an email from the club asking me if I'd like to go to the player's awards night on 6th May at some hotel in town.

I went to the one with Chops and Bothroyd - They fecked off to Mill lane early along with McCormack and few other of the bloated lot.
Total waste of money if you ask me.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 pm

They DO NOT want your average run of the mil fan to attend at those prices and dress attire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 pm

They DO NOT want your average run of the mil fan to attend at those prices and dress attire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Stopped going when it was taken over. By the club..
Was always a good night.