Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY " :bluebird: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK KEY EVENTS :thumbright: :bluebird:

Joe Ralls update

Key talking points

Neil Warnock predicts when Fulham might slip up in the promotion race

Neil Warnock delivers injury update

Sol Bamba wins Goal of the Month

NEIL WARNOCK:

Are Cardiff capable of winning their last five matches?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’re capable of doing it. Whether we will I don’t know. It’s been our fault really as we’ve not won the games.
We’ve played pretty well in the last two games. It’s been a lesson for us and we’ve moved on and we’re a good side. You don’t get this far if you’re not a good side.”

"There’s a couple of niggles from Tuesday but nothing untoward. Nobody missing from the squad anyway. We’ll just have to wait and see this morning as they didn’t train yesterday. I want to make sure everyone’s right before we decide on what to do."

"Joe Ralls is not quite ready, he had a little bit of a setback the week before last when I thought he’d be ready. We have to be careful with him because we don’t know how many games we’ve got left and it’s important we get him right. He’ll probably be okay for Forest but I don’t want to risk him for Norwich.”

Neil Warnock on Cardiff's position in the table

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I wasn’t aware we’d been guaranteed play-offs on Tuesday. We were unlucky not to get something from Wolves who knew they were in a game.
But I said to them hey ho. I’ve enjoyed it you’ve enjoyed it. We’ve been kicked in the teeth twice. A good boxer gets up and fights on.
We had some great chances at Vila, the goalkeeper was brilliant. There’s a couple of lads busting a gut to get in the team too so it’s interesting.”

Neil Warnock on the concerns of fans after Wolves and Aston Villa defeats

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Some fans see the glass as half full and those that are half empty. For the ones that see it half empty there’s not much we can do.
It’s remarkable to be sat here in this position. A lot clubs would swap to be in this position.”

Neil Warnock on Joe Ralls

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Every team needs Joe Ralls. He’s worth a fortune now I think. Premier League clubs will be watching him and he’ll be hard to keep hold of if we don’t go up. So that’s another reason to make sure we do - to keep our best players."

"Joe’s had a fantastic season and we have missed him, but you can’t dwell on that. You’ve just got to move on and hope he gets back as soon as possible.”

" SEE BELOW FOR ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES " :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WAROCK:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 am

:bluebird:

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock predicts when Fulham will slip up

Speaking ahead of his side's trip to Carrow Road, Warnock said: "It’ll probably be the Sunderland game they’ll slip up in!

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You just don’t know with four games to go. Every game’s difficult you’ve just go to go into it and do the best you can.

"You look at the games and they’re (Fulham) expected to win every game really.

"It’s got to be us and if we can’t then good luck to them 20 odd games unbeaten in this league is fantastic. They’ve got great players and a great squad and we’re actually competing with them.

"They've gone 20 odd games unbeaten and it’s neck and neck. It shows how far we’ve come really."

Warnock's men started their league campaign with five consecutive victories while they also secured eight wins on the bounce prior to their 1-1 draw with Sheffield United at Bramall Lane earlier this month.

And Warnock believes his side are more than capable of going on another winning streak in the remaining weeks of the campaign, although he admits Fulham deserve immense praise for their remarkable run of results.

"We’re capable of doing it," said Warnock when asked if the Bluebirds can win all five of their last five league games.

"Whether we will I don’t know. It’s been our fault really as we’ve not won the games. We’ve played pretty well in the last two games. It’s been a lesson for us and we’ve moved on and we’re a good side. You don’t get this far if you’re not a good side.

"Everyone knows I’m after that eight promotion. Nothing’s changed on that and even if it didn’t happen I couldn't have asked for any more from the players and the fans, who’ve been incredible in the last few weeks and months."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:48 am

:bluebird:

Will Fulham struggle to cope with pressure now they're in second?

NEIL WARNOCK:

" Not really. You look at the games and they’re expected to win every game really. It’s got to be us and if we can’t then good luck to them 20 odd games unbeaten in this league is fantastic.
They’ve got great players and a great squad and we’re actually competing with them. They’ve gone 20 odd games unbeaten and it’s neck and neck. It shows how far we’ve come really.
I’m just thinking about being positive in the next five games and then we’ll see where we are.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 am

UPDATED " CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE TABLE 2017-18 SEASON " :bluebird:

Neil Warnock on Cardiff's position in the table

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I wasn’t aware we’d been guaranteed play-offs on Tuesday. We were unlucky not to get something from Wolves who knew they were in a game.
But I said to them hey ho. I’ve enjoyed it you’ve enjoyed it. We’ve been kicked in the teeth twice. A good boxer gets up and fights on.
We had some great chances at Vila, the goalkeeper was brilliant. There’s a couple of lads busting a gut to get in the team too so it’s interesting.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:04 am

Sol Bamba on his Goal of the Month award

SOL BAMBA:

“It’s always nice, obviously I’m happy for everyone that voted for me, it’s always good to win this sort of award.
“I think the touch was the difference, the touch to turn, and after that I just hit it as hard as I could and luckily enough it went in.
“The spirit hasn’t really been effected within the squad over the last week. We’re obviously disappointed because we go to every game and try to win it. I think the best thing we can do is react, it’s the reaction that shows whether you’re watching a good team or not.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:42 am

Norwich City v Cardiff City betting odds

Norwich City win 21/10

Draw 23/10

Cardiff City win 13/10

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There’s a couple of niggles from Tuesday but nothing untoward. Nobody missing from the squad anyway. We’ll just have to wait and see this morning as they didn’t train yesterday. I want to make sure everyone’s right before we decide on what to do."

"Joe Ralls is not quite ready, he had a little bit of a setback the week before last when I thought he’d be ready. We have to be careful with him because we don’t know how many games we’ve got left and it’s important we get him right. He’ll probably be okay for Forest but I don’t want to risk him for Norwich.”

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 am

Neil Warnock on the concerns of fans after Wolves and Aston Villa defeats

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Some fans see the glass as half full and those that are half empty. For the ones that see it half empty there’s not much we can do.
It’s remarkable to be sat here in this position. A lot clubs would swap to be in this position.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 am

Neil Warnock on the importance of his side's mentality in the final five games of the season

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think it’s all upstairs really, personally. Nearly 100 per cent is upstairs. They know they’ve got ability because we’ve pushed them right to the limit, so it’s all about how you deal with that.
I think that’s been my biggest job this week, dealing one-on-one with players and trying to lift people who are little bit down. It’s amazing that different people have different problems. I’ve got to be like a Marjorie Bruce!
Been beaten by two world class goals. Who can do that?”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am

Neil Warnock on the importance of drawing on past experience

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think you can talk a lot about everything. But it’s actions now. You’ve got to do it on the pitch. All you can do is tell your players what you want. I think the IT guys in regards to looking at the opposition have been fantastic."

"We’ve got to be spot on in that department but I want the players to play with freedom really. Goals are short at the moment, but with the spin of a coin that can change as we’ve seen in recent weeks."

"I don’t worry about playing anyone in the next few weeks. Yes, we could have made it easier for ourselves. We should be where Wolves are really, but we know we’re a decent team but we’ve got to revel in it and not worry about what’s behind us.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am

Neil Warnock on Norwich City, and Delia Smith...

NEIL WARNOCK:

" I watched them destroy Villa. Going there is always great. I get on well with Delia (Smith). I’m sure we’ll have a chat on Saturday. She’s a lovely lady.
But they’ve been where we want to go. We’ve got to go there and give it our best shot.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 am

Neil Warnock on Joe Ralls

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Every team needs Joe Ralls. He’s worth a fortune now I think. Premier League clubs will be watching him and he’ll be hard to keep hold of if we don’t go up. So that’s another reason to make sure we do - to keep our best players."

"Joe’s had a fantastic season and we have missed him, but you can’t dwell on that. You’ve just got to move on and hope he gets back as soon as possible.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:43 am

Are Cardiff capable of winning their last five matches?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’re capable of doing it. Whether we will I don’t know. It’s been our fault really as we’ve not won the games.
We’ve played pretty well in the last two games. It’s been a lesson for us and we’ve moved on and we’re a good side. You don’t get this far if you’re not a good side.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:44 am

Neil Warnock on Sol Bamba's role in the team

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s not a captain but he is. Sol’s done what I know he can do. I have to keep on top of him to make him the player he is. I think he appreciates that, but when he plays like we know he can I wouldn’t have anyone else."

"We haven’t got the big-money signings that others have got. We know we’ve got ability and strength in certain areas. But we’re such a strong group and you need that when you’re in the trenches.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 am

What the hierarchy think about Cardiff's form

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He wants us to score more if we can. He cares. Mehmet (Dalman) chips in when he can. He’s nervous but I said to him I don’t know why you’re nervous because I’m not!"

"The players know him inside out. He’s been here before and spoke to them.”

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Cardiff City: Neil Etheridge, Lee Peltier, Sol Bamba, Sean Morrison,Joe Bennett,Aron Gunnarsson,Craig Bryson
Loic Damour,Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Hoilett ,Gary Madine.

Subs Brian Murphy Bruno Manga Marko GrujicCallum Paterson Jamie WardAnthony Pilkington Kenneth Zohore