A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sixteen Cardiff & Aston Villa fans in court over violence

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 am

Sixteen Cardiff City and Aston Villa fans in court over violent clashes

Friday 13th April 2018

By Liz Day Courts Reporter

Media Wales

The incident occurred on the day Cardiff City played Aston Villa

More than a dozen football fans have appeared in court accused of violent disorder on the day of a match between Cardiff City and Aston Villa.

Seven Cardiff City fans and nine Aston Villa fans are charged with using or threatening unlawful violence in Cardiff on August 12 last year.

The case was listed for a plea and trial preparation hearing before Judge Neil Bidder QC at Cardiff Crown Court on Wednesday.

Judge Bidder said the 16 defendants would not all fit in the dock at the same time and he dealt with the Aston Villa fans first.

The Aston Villa fans were Hayden Perryman, Paul McMinn, Mark Baker, Steven Fowler, Ryan White, Darren Simms, Gary Tucker, Paul Sweeney and Richard Willmore.

Perryman, 24, of Turf Pits Lane in Sutton Coldfield, admitted violent disorder and will be sentenced after the trial.

He pleaded guilty, under the Public Order Act 1986, to using or threatening unlawful violence when together with others.

The charge states the behaviour would cause someone at the scene to fear for his or her personal safety.

McMinn, 48, of Watchbury Close in Birmingham, was unrepresented and did not enter a plea.

Baker, 47, of Ashburton Road, Birmingham; Fowler, 48, of Cottage Lane, Sutton Coldfield, and White, 30, of St John’s Street, Dudley, denied the offence.

Simms, 24, of Essex Avenue, Sandwell, and Tucker, 50, of Holly Lane, Birmingham, pleaded not guilty.

Sweeney, 32, of Knightcote Drive, Solihull, and Willmore, 26, of Aldershaw Road, Birmingham, also denied violent disorder.

Judge Bidder then took pleas from Cardiff City fans

All the defendants were granted bail until the next hearing on April 25 on the condition they live and sleep each night at their home address.

The case is listed for trial on September 24 and is expected to last for about a fortnight.

Media Wales photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sixteen Cardiff & Aston Villa fans in court over violenc

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:44 am

The fights broke out at The Cornwall pub in Grangetown, Cardiff , on August 12, after the game against Aston Villa.

It was the second game of the season, Cardiff v Aston Villa.

Media Wales photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:41 am

I thought the police allowed the villa fans to go to pub with intensions of causing trouble and just watched and filmed them all - didn't the city fans just defend themselves ? these lads will all be looking at prison nowadays !!!!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 am

mallo wrote:I thought the police allowed the villa fans to go to pub with intensions of causing trouble and just watched and filmed them all - didn't the city fans just defend themselves ? these lads will all be looking at prison nowadays !!!!

Mallo, I was 100% told Cardiff fans were just defending themselves inside the pub door, absolutely shocked Cardiff fans were charged.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 am

Was no old bill present,few of the boys should get off but a few wont

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

If a pub is attacked which us you're local tbat you drink in every day then you should be able to defend yourself s ,are any banned from the football whilst on bail ?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:09 am

wez1927 wrote:If a pub is attacked which us you're local tbat you drink in every day then you should be able to defend yourself s ,are any banned from the football whilst on bail ?

Agree wez,dont think they are banned which i found odd

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 am

The Villa lads are all on conditional bail not to attend games.

You all need to understand what self defence is and also realise that they arecharged with a public order offence, not physically hitting anyone (which is what I presume you all think self defence is).

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:13 am

stephendavid wrote:Was no old bill present,few of the boys should get off but a few wont

Stephen,Some of the lads I know never left the pub, just defended themselves just inside after being attacked first and for me 100% they should not be charged as its self defence.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am

wez1927 wrote:If a pub is attacked which us you're local tbat you drink in every day then you should be able to defend yourself s ,are any banned from the football whilst on bail ?

100% correct Wez and that is the law.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Was no old bill present,few of the boys should get off but a few wont

Stephen,Some of the lads I know never left the pub, just defended themselves just inside after being attacked first and for me 100% they should not be charged.

Totally with you on that annis mate,i do know of 2 that stupidly left the pub in the heat of the moment things happen i spose

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:17 am

stephendavid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Stephen,Some of the lads I know never left the pub, just defended themselves just inside after being attacked first and for me 100% they should not be charged.

Totally with you on that annis mate,i do know of 2 that stupidly left the pub in the heat of the moment things happen i spose

Stephen.
Agreed it does and they might get found guilty, but those that never left the pub, should all be found not guilty.

But sometimes if you don't chase them away from the pub, they will keep coming back as your sitting targets.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:21 am

I literally left about 10 mins before it happened! In hindsight prob a lucky move...

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Stephen.
Agreed it does and they might get found guilty, but those that never left the pub, should all be found not guilty.

But sometimes if you don't chase them away from the pub, they will keep coming back as your sitting targets.

Agree mate hopefully none get slammed for to long

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 am

stephendavid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Stephen.

Agree mate hopefully none get slammed for to long

Really hope not :thumbright:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am

nubbsy wrote:I literally left about 10 mins before it happened! In hindsight prob a lucky move...

I don't drink in grangetown anymore for the above reasons just ain't worth me going back to jail ,they treat football fans worse than paedo s with sentencing

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am

No cardiff fan should really be sentenced here. This was self defence...

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I literally left about 10 mins before it happened! In hindsight prob a lucky move...

I don't drink in grangetown anymore for the above reasons just ain't worth me going back to jail ,they treat football fans worse than paedo s with sentencing

Agree with you there wez,unfortunately not everyone listened an stayed inside otherwise cant see how they can charge them with anything other than self defence

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 pm

stephendavid wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree with you there wez,unfortunately not everyone listened an stayed inside otherwise cant see how they can charge them with anything other than self defence

Seems to be a growing trend in the Cornwall pur lads getting done on cctv

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Seems to be a growing trend in the Cornwall pur lads getting done on cctv

They all know its there an the consequences mate...landlords hands are tied if violent incidents keep happening days of cctv going missing etc are long gone....they've wanted to close it for ages the ob

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 pm

I know a few of them quite well, hope they all get a good result.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm

AV3 wrote:The Villa lads are all on conditional bail not to attend games.

You all need to understand what self defence is and also realise that they arecharged with a public order offence, not physically hitting anyone (which is what I presume you all think self defence is).

oh get fucked you annoying little c**t. Villa turned up fkg late and attacked a pub. Cardiff defended it and now they looking at bird because you lot have no class - no marks :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

oh get fucked you annoying little c**t. Villa turned up fkg late and attacked a pub. Cardiff defended it and now they looking at bird because you lot have no class - no marks :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now now :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

You tell him beep

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:18 pm

If people come and attack a pub you are in then defence is the is surely the only way, 99/100 people I know would do this. They will get off, Cardiff that is, maybe not first time round as the system is slightly fucked, but they will eventually.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 pm

stephendavid wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

You tell him beep

He's getting on my wick. f*cking Thomas shelby

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Shelby’s Blues. He don’t like Villa :-)

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

Why are you giving him the satisfaction of biting?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:29 am

Same here nubbsey I think me and ian left I hour before it happened thank god you might have been with us strange thing was when we got to the corn wall there was no hint of any trouble there where quiet a few lads there who could have handled it but every body left the Cornwall to go up the city centre thank god we did

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:52 am

cardiff 74 wrote:

Same here nubbsey I think me and ian left I hour before it happened thank god you might have been with us strange thing was when we got to the corn wall there was no hint of any trouble there where quiet a few lads there who could have handled it but every body left the Cornwall to go up the city centre thank god we did

Thats why villa attacked it mate they waited for most lads to leave