Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

will the team fly to norwich?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Its hard enough for us fans recently clocking up loads of motorway miles .would help I suppose if they flew up there?.

Re: will the team fly to norwich?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I’m at Cardiff Airport now and there’s a separate check in with the club logo on it and a Norwich flight in a few hours. I’m going with yes.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Safe journey my friend.think of us pounding up the motorway in cattle class lol

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:57 pm

yes! :thumbright:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Whilst I fully understand the logic of travelling by plane I'd love to know how much it costs for the team to travel to an away game such as Norwich.

There is the cost of chartering the plane, the cost of the hotel and the cost of sending the team bus to Norwich and back just to take the kit and pick the players up from the airport and take them back to the airport after the game.

Does anyone know if the support staff also go by plane and stay in the hotel overnight or do they travel separately?

Over a season it must cost an absolute fortune for the club to get to the away fixtures. especially as they seem to fly to almost all of the away games they play up north.

It costs me around £500 a season to travel to the majority of the aways and I go on an uncomfortable coach with my knees around my ears and don't even stay in a hotel before the games! :o :o

At least so far it seems that the expense of making sure the players arrive as fresh as possible and as quickly as possible is paying off.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm sure it's 20k

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Peanuts if we get promoted.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:58 pm

should take a bit from player wages. would easily pay for it all

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 pm

davids wrote:Whilst I fully understand the logic of travelling by plane I'd love to know how much it costs for the team to travel to an away game such as Norwich.

There is the cost of chartering the plane, the cost of the hotel and the cost of sending the team bus to Norwich and back just to take the kit and pick the players up from the airport and take them back to the airport after the game.

Does anyone know if the support staff also go by plane and stay in the hotel overnight or do they travel separately?

Over a season it must cost an absolute fortune for the club to get to the away fixtures. especially as they seem to fly to almost all of the away games they play up north.

It costs me around £500 a season to travel to the majority of the aways and I go on an uncomfortable coach with my knees around my ears and don't even stay in a hotel before the games! :o :o

At least so far it seems that the expense of making sure the players arrive as fresh as possible and as quickly as possible is paying off.

They have a pretty small plane, it's first team and coaches usually and a few directors or special people. Kit and equipment travel up by coach ready for arrival.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 pm

I doubt it's major costs, not like the club need extra special requirements unless we have a couple of Bergkamps.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:32 am

Get the players to chip in? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don’t see any problem myself.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Get the players to chip in? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don’t see any problem myself.

They did under malky ,I remember an article in echo where the players did