Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Bamba & Morrison run the Cardiff City Dressing Room '

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Warnock on unbreakable Cardiff City team spirit and how Bamba and Morrison run the dressing room

By Kemble

Friday 13th April 2018

Neil Warnock says Cardiff City’s unbeatable team spirit is the secret behind them keeping up with the big-spenders in the Championship.

The Bluebirds have been one of the real surprise packages this season, beating a number of the league’s big-spenders to battle it out for automatic promotion.

To keep up with the top brass of the Championship, Neil Warnock has had to get the changing room dynamics spot on.

And this last week has proven why with the Bluebirds suffering two heart-wrenching defeats, to Wolves and Aston Villa respectively.

It’s times like these when senior players and the most vocal figures in the group can play their part and Neil Warnock says they’ve done just that.

“The dressing room was down but one or two of the senior lads were very, very good. They stood up and said something before I did.

“I’m sure Morrison wouldn’t mind me saying that Sol (Bamba) is a captain as well. He doesn’t know any different. Sol and Mozza run the dressing room and that’s the way it should be. I have to keep on top of Sol to make him the player he is.

“At villa he did a couple of things and I just have to remind him. He appreciates that, to keep him on top of his game.”

The Bluebirds have battled above their weight this season and this last week isn’t the first setback they’ve had.

Four defeats around Christmas and New Year threatened to derail their automatic promotion bid but the Bluebirds came back stronger, going 13 league games unbeaten.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock put that down to team spirit at the time and he believes it will help his team again as they look to overcome their most recent setback. He added: “We haven’t got the big money signings that others have.

“So we have to keep on top of the dressing room. We’re such a solid and close-nit group, you want that, you want people who would be in the trenches with you.”

And defender Sol Bamba, a key figure in holding it all together, agrees with his boss, even in a testing time. He said: “No matter what, we are always together.

“We say the truth to each other, when it’s good and when it’s bad. With five games to go, everything is in our hands.”

The supporters are beginning to sweat with Fulham now ahead of the Bluebirds, albeit having played a game more, and the pressure can be felt right up the chain.

Even club CEO Ken Choo and Chairman Mehemt Dalman are feeling the nerves, and owner Vincent Tan has been in regular contact, Neil Warnock revealed: “He’s (Vincent Tan) been super.

“He wants us to score more and shoot more if we can, but he cares and Mehmet and Ken have been very supportive.

“We’re all singing from the same hymn sheet. They are nervous but I told them not to be, because I’m not.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.