Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

is 10,000 S/T that good ?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 pm

On paper its superb, however, only 70% has early renewed based on the 15k purchased for this season, why didnt the rest buy?

I am sure this will be the best finance option for most people rather than 1 lump sum plus there is the benefit of a price freeze for 5 Years.

There are alot of moans about the club and I would be disappointed if these are coming from those who didn't renew early, they could have helped make a difference now.

I am sure come next season we will have the 15k season ticket holders but I am astounded the 10k wasn't reached sooner.

Re: is 10,000 S/T that good ?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 pm

strapped for cash i would say as the major reason for some people not renewing early . i,m sure we had over 6,000 people buying last years season tickets after xmas this time last year

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:42 pm

Yes i agree, but it is Christmas and all and maybe people couldnt afford it, yes i know you can pay in 5 installment but to sum people it is alot.

Other people i have spoke to just feel it is stupid reneweing before xmas. They would just rather renew in the summer.

I renewed mine yesterday though

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:48 pm

Joff wrote:On paper its superb, however, only 70% has early renewed based on the 15k purchased for this season, why didnt the rest buy?

I am sure this will be the best finance option for most people rather than 1 lump sum plus there is the benefit of a price freeze for 5 Years.

There are alot of moans about the club and I would be disappointed if these are coming from those who didn't renew early, they could have helped make a difference now.

I am sure come next season we will have the 15k season ticket holders but I am astounded the 10k wasn't reached sooner.

Rem Joff its less than 10 years ago when we use to get only 4,000 crowds, so these new fans are not use to buying every season, it takes time and I believe we are getting there, Rome wasnt built in a day.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Joff wrote:On paper its superb, however, only 70% has early renewed based on the 15k purchased for this season, why didnt the rest buy?

Rem Joff its less than 10 years ago when we use to get only 4,000 crowds, so these new fans are not use to buying every season, it takes time and I believe we are getting there, Rome wasnt built in a day.

I think nearly 10k stumping up 8 months before the start of next season is amazing.....prob have sold a few more if it wasn't for Plymouth & P'Boro.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And some of us have a few seats to buy family wise , not as much as annis tho !lol :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 pm

rsblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And some of us have a few seats to buy family wise , not as much as annis tho !lol :ayatollah: :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 pm

Happy New Year m8 and to all your family from us all :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:58 am

10000 ?
Where did this number come from? I don't know but from my experience of released numbers I'd bet on 5000. It's like the old girlfriend rule, always half what he says. If I were betting though, I'd put my chips on 4000. Don't know why but I just got a hunch.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 am

Berwyn, check the figures released on the official site, and also information relayed from posters on this board.

If only half the figure was actually sold, then the club are going to look rather silly with only half of the funds quoted being available.
It is unlikley that the full amount will be spend on squad improvments anyway. If anything they would be better off saying less season tickets were sold than they actually were rather than the other way around.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:48 am

i think if the club had done it to the end of jan it would of been better,then the fans would of seen what action the club had made in the transfer market,and if they had signed a few players that would make a difference,then maybe more would take the deal.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 am

I don't think it's a good thing.

Well, it is for the fans of course. It's an amazing deal.

But all that this is doing is delaying the inevitable; unless we sell quite a bit in January, we'll just have another cash flow crisis in another few month's time.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:36 am

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:I don't think it's a good thing.

Well, it is for the fans of course. It's an amazing deal.

But all that this is doing is delaying the inevitable; unless we sell quite a bit in January, we'll just have another cash flow crisis in another few month's time.

If we dont go up there will be player sales.

if we do we'll sell the remaining 1300 Premier club seats which will bring in about £10m (over 5 years)

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:48 am

It is really brilliant that so many have renewed early !!!!

For some it is too early as they only paid for the last ticket5 or 6 months ago and lets not forget there is a credit crunch, many people have lost their jobs and almost everyone feels less secure in their present job.

Well done City fans, outstanding loyalty, now give us the players to win us promotion, Happy New Year, ONWARDS & UPWARDS !!!!