Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stadium Name

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 pm

IF (and of course it's still if) we go up, will next season bring a change to the CCS name? Potentially good money from sponsorship.

Re: Stadium Name

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Yeah hopefully "The Ann Summers Stadium"

Pffffffff shouldn't be about money really. It's a football club, as fans we should want as much identity as possible. Nothing wrong with Cardiff City Stadium. Considering the money we're hopefully about to get for promotion, there is no need for a stadium name change.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Savigma wrote:Yeah hopefully "The Ann Summers Stadium"

Pffffffff shouldn't be about money really. It's a football club, as fans we should want as much identity as possible. Nothing wrong with Cardiff City Stadium. Considering the money we're hopefully about to get for promotion, there is no need for a stadium name change.

That's a "Cock and Balls story"

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:46 pm

I heard a rumour (thats not secret) that a local company who are "in the trade" are in advanced talks with the club over naming rights to the ccs, especially for our Premier League Seasons. Its yet to be confirmed but expect an announcement by the club in May if all goes well.

Hyperlink to said company is below:

https://www.nationalplastics.co.uk

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm

i hope so, end of the day football is business these days. Sad but true. FFP has just made it 10 times worse.
FFP isn't the answer to improving the game, wage cap is. But UEFA need to do this, not the FA.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Would have been done last time if it was going to happen imo

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Fair play pmsl.national plastics stadium in honour of all the plastics who will come on board if we get to the premier league.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm

castell-neath wrote:I heard a rumour (thats not secret) that a local company who are "in the trade" are in advanced talks with the club over naming rights to the ccs, especially for our Premier League Seasons. Its yet to be confirmed but expect an announcement by the club in May if all goes well.

National Plastics may have a couple of local depots , but they are not really a local company. They already had a number of branches across the UK before being acquired by Epwin Group in 2016. At the time Epwin group had a turnover of nearly £400m.

No idea if any discussions about stadium naming rights or any other sponsorship have taken place or whether there is any intention to do so in the future, jus giving a bit of background information about the company named.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Surely a wind up. A stadium with the word plastics in the title .the ridicule would be on par with the red debacle.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:40 pm

castell-neath wrote:I heard a rumour (thats not secret) that a local company who are "in the trade" are in advanced talks with the club over naming rights to the ccs, especially for our Premier League Seasons. Its yet to be confirmed but expect an announcement by the club in May if all goes well.

It will be Tan's company if any, and if we have to do it to beat FFP, then so be it, it's not like it's got any history like Ninian Park anyway !!!

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:

It will be Tan's company if any, and if we have to do it to beat FFP, then so be it, it's not like it's got any history like Ninian Park anyway !!!

Oh dear!

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:09 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Oh dear!

On second thoughts, maybe he will decide not to bother :laughing6:

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 pm

No history? I'd say it has quite a lot of history in a short space of time.

I like the name as it is but if we can get decent money coming in then sell it.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 pm

personally I don't want it renamed and would like to see it as a written guarantee by Mr Tan that It won't change whilst under his tenure, akin to what the fans of St Pauli of Hamburg requested of their owners. CCFC @ CSS 4 me 4 now.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm

I'd rather it stayed as it is.

If we end up with a sponsors named stadium then the name will change every few years when the sponsorship ends. Just look at Bolton, Manchester City, Stoke, Shrewsbury, York to name but a few.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 pm

skiprat wrote:Surely a wind up. A stadium with the word plastics in the title .the ridicule would be on par with the red debacle.

Not brilliant, but nothing could match the red debacle.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:I'd rather it stayed as it is.

If we end up with a sponsors named stadium then the name will change every few years when the sponsorship ends. Just look at Bolton, Manchester City, Stoke, Shrewsbury, York to name but a few.

Exactly!

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Agreed it will change every other season, it only took me an hour to change it from CSS to CCS ! Seriously though sponsorship of a stadium name change is not a good idea Imo as.for me it implies a lack.of identity, if we were struggling at the bottom of the 2nd division and desperately needing funds I'd have reservations.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:18 am

Real crisp staduim
Peters pies staduim

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:05 pm

How about:

The "leave 10 minutes Early so I don't get stuck in traffic Stadium"

or, The Library unless its a big club

on a less serious note: The Fred Keenor Stadium

Lets get Bud light to sponsor it "The Dilly Dilly Stadium" and rename the Grandstand The Pit of Doom

My favourite is "The Sit down and behave yourselves Stadium"