" Cardiff City are interested in Left-back "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Cardiff City Interested In Ex-Nigeria U17 Invitee Dubbed The Poor Man's David Alaba

Nigerian Soccer

Tuesday April 17, 2018

Cardiff City Interested In Ex-Nigeria U17 Invitee Dubbed The Poor Man's David AlabaEFL Championship outfit Cardiff City have handed a trial to promising Nigeria left-back Jason Akiotu.

The 20-year-old started for Cardiff City U23s in their Professional Development League fixture against Barnsley on Monday and went the distance as both teams shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw.

Akiotu fell off the radar following his departure from Crystal Palace last season, and had tried his luck with National League club Aldershot Town F.C. in July 2017 before training with Grimsby Town three months later.

He was last playing for Wingate and Finchley in the Bostik Premier League - signed for them at the end of February.

If the fullback is successful at the end of the tests, he'll link up with another talented Nigerian youngster Ogo Obi at The Bluebirds.

Akiotu, who has cited Bayern Munich star David Alaba as his role model, was invited to train with the Golden Eaglets in 2014 ahead of the Fifa U17 World Cup in Chile.
Attachments
87053Jason.jpg
87053Jason.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Cardiff City are interested in Left-back "

Postby Crayfish » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:01 pm

You don't want to sound too cynical about a youngster but how good can he be if Aldershot and Grimbsy don't want him.
Crayfish

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Crayfish wrote:You don't want to sound too cynical about a youngster but how good can he be if Aldershot and Grimbsy don't want him.

Warnock obviously sees things other managers don't.

Trust him....
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Savigma » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 am

I’d rather chase the poor mans David Alaba than chase the poor mans Scott Malone..
Savigma

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 am

Would have thought this is more to do with Andy Legg than NW. Would have to prove himself in U23’s, long before he get’s anywhere near first team.
buckleys brewery

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:37 pm

I thought the point of letting go players like Tommy o Sullivan, Theo Wharton etc was because they were in their early twenties and were effectively clogging up the under 23's from youngsters, so why are we signing a 20 year old LB who like Meite and Ogo Obi probably wont have a chance of playing in our first team and are taking some promising youngsters spot. Remember the signing of Maximiliano Amondarain lol. Id rather see us promote young welsh players if I'm being honest.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I thought the point of letting go players like Tommy o Sullivan, Theo Wharton etc was because they were in their early twenties and were effectively clogging up the under 23's from youngsters, so why are we signing a 20 year old LB who like Meite and Ogo Obi probably wont have a chance of playing in our first team and are taking some promising youngsters spot. Remember the signing of Maximiliano Amondarain lol. Id rather see us promote young welsh players if I'm being honest.

Weirdest signing ever, someone got a brown envelope for that one.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat