Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRANSFERS: WHO SHOULD CARDIFF BUY IF THEY GET PROMOTION?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 pm

BUY LIST:

Name: Peter Crouch
Club: Stoke City
Worth: £2 Million
Reason: I think Cardiff could do with someone with Crouch's pedigree, especailly with his experience in the Premier League who could help Cardiff out in the set pieces, of course he is nearing the end of his football career but what a way to end it at the Bluebirds.

Name: Hal Robson Kanu
Club: West Brom
Worth: £1 Million
Reason: kanu's ability is great whenever you see him playing for Wales and sometimes for West Brom you can see he is trying to get the ball back at every chance and I think with Kanu's mobility with Zohore alongside him I think that could be a strong partnership for Cardiff.

Name: Joe Allen
Club: Stoke
Worth: £4 Million
Reason: He is a great player for Stoke and without question a great player for Wales, but in my opinion he is a bit like Joe Ralls where he runs around the pitch trying his hardest to get the ball back and pass it around to the attackers, but Allen had a choice to go to Swansea and never so could he go to rivals Cardiff and I think Allen has a bit more skill and pace than Ralls.

Name: Bong
Club: Brighton
Worth: £2 Million
Reason: I think with Bong's addition to the Bluebirds in the Premier League would be huge I know we still got players like Jazz Richards and Joe Bennett but I think that Manga and Connolly can't be the replacements for these 2, I know we have Peltier but there are no replacements for Bennett and I think Bong is the perfect replacement for him in case he gets injured.

SELL LIST

Name: Matthew Connolly
Club: Cardiff City
Worth: £1.3 Million
Reason: I don't mind Connolly but if we are going to make an impact and cement our position in the top flight I think that Connolly has had a great run with Cardiff but I would look to move him on, he would be ideal for the cup matches but I think we can use some of the youngsters like Mark Harris.

BUY FROM LOANS
Traore - He is an incredible player and instantly made an impact by getting his first assist for the Bluebirds but injuries have kept him out of action for Cardiff and I really hope he could join the Bluebirds permanently.

Bryson: I think he is a top qaulity midfielder and I think after the play-offs if Derby reach there eventually, I think Cardiff should do there best to potentially grab him in the summer window.

WHO WOULD YOU KEEP OR SELL IN THE SUMMER IF CARIFF GO UP TO THE TOP FLIGHT

Re: TRANSFERS: WHO SHOULD CARDIFF BUY IF THEY GET PROMOTION?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 pm

I think there is already a thread further down you can post in.

Personally I'll wait and see how the season pans out before thinking about things like that. No matter what division changes will need to be made

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Prob to early for this, but I confess I have been thinking about it..So far:

Ryan Fredericks (Fulham) RB - Free
Out of contract and will be looking for a prem move if Fulham don't go up, will be competition for him but we can guarantee 1st football and we play a style that should suit him with enphasis on pace.

Ryan Woods (Brentford) MC - 5m
Love this guy, perfect at reading the game and breaking up play, but main strength is distribution. Only doubt is if he is physical enough for NW. Brentford sell a star each year and expecting him to leave to the highest bidder.

Matty Phillips (West Brom) RW - 8m
Exciting, fast and powerful, one of the best dribblers in the Prem and would thrive in our system. West Brom will need to sell when going down, price will depend on how many other clubs come in for him so an early move could work.

Craig Dawson (West Brom) - Not sure of Price
Good age at 27, can play RB but for me looks more comfortable at CB. No nonese defender with good premier league experience.

Rob Huth (Leicester) - Free
Bags of experience, big physical NW type defender, must admit not sure his current fitness levels but if wages are reasonable would provide a great option.

Joe Bryan (Bristol City) LB - £6m
Had a quiet second half to the season, but think that is more to do with Bristol in general than him. Has been playing further forward but for me he is a perfect LB with attacking intent. Showed pedigree in the cup games against Manchester clubs and will be keen to move.

Bobby Reid - (Bristol) -AM - Free
Out of contract, had a fantastic season, maybe a fluke but showed his class and threat in the games against us. On a free would provide good option off the bench and challenge for 1st team.

Abel Hernandez - (Hull) - CF - Free
Missed first of season with injury, no surprise hulls formed picked up when he returned, has an impressive goals to min ratio this season and scored goals in the prem. On a free, still plenty to offer - wages could be an issue which sees him move to China or somthing.

There is a massive pool for NW to work with, I'm sure he will have some lined up. Reading his books he isn't afraid to bring on high volume of players in one window, I could see as many as 10 comming in with the same number moving out

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Sam, read the other threads (to see if the subject is there already) first, please! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Dean Henderson = Free
Ryan Fredericks = Free
James Collins = Free
Marko Grujic = Loan
Ryan Woods = 3m
Marco van Ginkel = Loan
Adama Traore = 12m
Oliver Burke = 10m
Danny Ings = 8m

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Why don’t we get there first?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Why don’t we get there first?

That will be a new thread mate - Who should we buy now we are in the Premier League

Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Just seen on the expiring contacts list, a high rated right winger from St Eteine called Jonathan Bamba surly More Bamba's would be a good thing?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 pm

As a squad player I would have a look at getting Steven Naismith in, he's on loan at Hearts at the moment from Norwich, 31 and played over 100 games in the Premiership, would add a bit of experience and reckon he would cost next to nothing.