Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I have read a number of articles today concernin

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:15 am

I have read a number of articles today concerning what Cardiff City need to clinch a Ptemier League return.

Given we are on 83 points, winning three from the remaining four games would take us to 92 points.

Fulham, on 82 points winning their three remaining games - including at Millwall on Friday - would reach a maxiumn 91 points.

Clearly, anything less than a win at The New Den makes our job easier.

A draw would mean the Cottagers being only able to hit 89 points.

While, mathematically we couldn't clinch promotion at Derby on Tuesday with a win, we would only need another point at Hull City or home to Reading Sunday week.

This Millwall-Fulham result really dictates how things will unfold.

A lot of lazy, crap journalism around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I have read a number of articles today concernin

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:49 am

Spot on Annis ..a Millwall victory on Friday would mean a win against Forest and a win at Derby and we are up :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:59 am

There are 27 different combinations of results over the Fulham Millwall game and our next 2. Only one of those combinations will guarantee our promotion.
Let's not get too carried away (yet!).

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 am

I am by no means getting carried away ..just stating a fact :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 am

If us and Fulham lose our remaining games and Villa win all theirs - then Villa are up.

I know this is speaking the obvious but there is too much football to be played yet. And the most important game is our next game. I doubt the players are even thinking about Derby and Reading.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 am

You've got to look at this from a Millwall point of view.A win on Friday just about shuts the gate on Derby.They'll throw everything into this.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

I think everyone is missing the point
Annis said it is not mathematically possible to be promoted by a win at Derby...i was just stating it was if Millwall beat Fulham and we win the next two....i like many others are well aware there are many twists and turns that could take this in different directions.
The one bit I hope for is Millwall Beat Fulham ..we beat Forest and then an IRONIC win at Snowgate (Derby )would end their hopes .. and promote us...

Probably won t happen that way ..but the irony of it would be pleasing :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:You've got to look at this from a Millwall point of view.A win on Friday just about shuts the gate on Derby.They'll throw everything into this.

Posted similar yesterday, look at the table and its massive for Millwall, as they got Boro and Villa to follow!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 am

The Cobra wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:You've got to look at this from a Millwall point of view.A win on Friday just about shuts the gate on Derby.They'll throw everything into this.

Posted similar yesterday, look at the table and its massive for Millwall, as they got Boro and Villa to follow!

Equally that could leave them venerable at the back.

I think a lot of people are assuming a Millwall win but it wont be that straightforward.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 am

I dont think people are expecting it ...but more hoping it...but we will see

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 am

Derby also have a really hard run of games !!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:06 am

2blue2handle wrote:
The Cobra wrote:

I think a lot of people are assuming a Millwall win but it wont be that straightforward.

You are right, God knows what will happen, Millwall away when you need points is probably one of the last places you would want to go, I know if we had to play them away still, I would be very worried and expect the worst !!!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:17 am

2blue2handle wrote:
The Cobra wrote:

I've never thought of Millwall as venerable but to their supporters they are lionized :lol:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 am

2blue2handle wrote:
The Cobra wrote:

What I mean is,just pretend for a minute that it's us in 6th place with their fixtures to go and you get the idea of their mood going into this.I'd rather play Wolves again that face Millwall at the moment if I'm honest.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Millwall will be up for fulham, they are scrapping hard for the playoffs. The New Den is a very dufficult place to go.
For us, its just one game at a time now. Lets hope for a good turnout sat night and throw down the gauntlet with a win.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:There are 27 different combinations of results over the Fulham Millwall game and our next 2. Only one of those combinations will guarantee our promotion.
Let's not get too carried away (yet!).

Aye and that one combination that gives us promotion is the one I want. Specially as its right on my own doorstep.

However I am realist and will say that combination is wishful thinking. I might stretch it to say a couple more are wishful thinking but I see quite a few that are realistic and will see us promoted.

Those that wont see us promoted a majority of them will be wishful thinking from the Fulham fans.