Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY DEFENDER NAMED IN PFA TEAM OF THE YEAR

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:37 am

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba named in PFA’s Championship Team of the Year :notworthy:
By Jamie Kemble

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has been named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year.

The 33-year-old has played a huge part in Cardiff City’s season which has seen them challenge for an automatic promotion spot.

And he has today been recognised for his ongoing efforts after being named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year.

The Professional Footballers’ Association run an awards evening each season for English football and they also name a Team of the Year for each of the EFL divisions.

All of the Cardiff City team were omitted from the EFL’s version of the Team of the Season last month, but Bamba, who has been a revelation for Cardiff City since signing in October 2016, has been recognised by the PFA.

Wolves and Fulham each have three players named in the XI, with Britsol City’s Bobby Reid, Derby County’s Matej Vydra, Sheffield United’s Leon Clarke and Norwich City’s James Maddison also featuring.

The PFA Championship Team of the Year, sponsored by Panini, will be recognised during the awards night at Grosvenor House in London on Sunday, 22nd April 2018.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CITY DEFENDER NAMED IN PFA TEAM OF THE YEAR

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am

I doubt Sol Bamba will be able to be at the awards, which is a shame.

Well deserved of course.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 am

Bobby Reid?

ps. Where's John Terry :lol:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 am

Is the one voted by the players themselves?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Is the one voted by the players themselves?

I believe that is the case (as opposed to the football writers) :thumbright: :clap:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:51 am

:laughing6: Bobby Reid :laughing6: yea ok :laughing6:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:58 am

That’s a much more realistic team than the one created by the EFL. Apart from Ruddy and Reid I’ve got no complaints about those choices. I think I’d go for that Villa keeper (whose name escapes me) instead of Ruddy and possibly our own Hoilett over Reid. But I can see a good case for those two too.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:10 am

bluebird58 wrote:That’s a much more realistic team than the one created by the EFL. Apart from Ruddy and Reid I’ve got no complaints about those choices. I think I’d go for that Villa keeper (whose name escapes me) instead of Ruddy and possibly our own Hoilett over Reid. But I can see a good case for those two too.

Sam Johnstone :thumbright:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Is the one voted by the players themselves?

I believe that is the case (as opposed to the football writers) :thumbright: :clap:

A much better team to be part of. Knowing your peers (who know a fair bit about championship football) have voted for you.

Well done Sol. Deserved. As we all knew!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:16 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:That’s a much more realistic team than the one created by the EFL. Apart from Ruddy and Reid I’ve got no complaints about those choices. I think I’d go for that Villa keeper (whose name escapes me) instead of Ruddy and possibly our own Hoilett over Reid. But I can see a good case for those two too.

Sam Johnstone :thumbright: