Grujic to sign permanently

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Savigma » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am

I beg please can we not play down how good Grujic has been for us...

Whenever we get a new player, their position in the team and likelihood of being with us after the next window is often dependant on the fan perception. For example, Scott Malone was our first choice Left back. But as soon as Slade - who loved Malone - left, Trollopes first plan of action was to swap Malone for A potential fan favourite (mainly because he’s welsh) in Richards. Now, I was never a big Malone fan because he would often dwell on the ball and his defending was questionable, he had a good cross in him but that’s all I really saw. Yes, the manager has the final say most of the time, but fan perception goes a long way. Would Bruno be here now had the fans not supported him? No chance.

My point is, I can really see this opportunity coming to nothing. I am well aware that Grujics time with us was always temporary, but I really can’t see Jurgen seriously intergrating him in the Liverpool squad, especially as a first team player. He’s nowhere near that standard, but for whatever money Liverpool paid for him I would encourage City to pay every single penny to Liverpool for him. Please can we support him and let Warnock know how important we think he is to us. Ofcourse this is completely reliant on if we get promotion. Honestly, he could be the difference between staying up and even pushing for a comfortable finish next season, or relegation.

It can’t be just be who see’s how important he can be for us... there’s a mistake in him mainly down to his age, but just look at our record with and without him since he’s joined us. It’s not a coincidence.
Savigma

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Grujic to sign permanently

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am

There’s no way they’ll sell him yet, still got a lot of development to do as a footballer.

To answer your question on the fee, they bought him for just over £5m.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby darran1927 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 am

They won't sell him ,if we go up though think they may let us have him on loan again
darran1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 am

Can’t see us signing him as Liverpool want to keep him, but u never know if we become Premier League.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 am

Wouldn't take him on the same kind of loan again where he has to play or it his us financially. Switchs off a little to much for my liking although I do like him he is still a bit hit and miss.
2blue2handle

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Thing I keep asking myself is would he get in the current Liverpool side and would he be happy to sit in the reserves again.
Sneggyblubird

Return to General Chat