Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Toshack:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Toshack backs Cardiff for promotion

John Toshack has backed the return of the South Wales derby in the Premier League next season.

As well as backing the Swans to stay in the top flight, Toshack believes Cardiff City will join them by clinching promotion.

And he believes that Neil Warncok has proved the decisive factor for the Bluebirds in what has proved to be a remarkable season.

John Toshack:

“It is credit to Neil and the way he works.
“He is a tough Yorkshireman, very proud and he knows exactly how he wants his teams to play.
“He has instilled a siege spirit which is very difficult to beat and Cardiff are a very difficult team to beat and that is down to the work Neil and his assistants have done there.”
John Toshack speaking to BBC Sport
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: John Toshack:

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Toshack backs Cardiff for promotion

John Toshack has backed the return of the South Wales derby in the Premier League next season.

As well as backing the Swans to stay in the top flight, Toshack believes Cardiff City will join them by clinching promotion.

And he believes that Neil Warncok has proved the decisive factor for the Bluebirds in what has proved to be a remarkable season.

John Toshack:

“It is credit to Neil and the way he works.
“He is a tough Yorkshireman, very proud and he knows exactly how he wants his teams to play.
“He has instilled a siege spirit which is very difficult to beat and Cardiff are a very difficult team to beat and that is down to the work Neil and his assistants have done there.”
John Toshack speaking to BBC Sport

I was thinking, he must be getting on a bit, he retired quite a while ago, so looked it up and he's the same age as Warnock 69.

It seems amazing Warnock is still a top manager at that age !!!

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 am

Which is better than fellow Welshman Dean Saunders. He was on Talksport the other day saying he hoped Aston Villa and Derby would get promoted along with Wolves.

He didn't mention Cardiff.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 am

stevee1966 wrote:

Which is better than fellow Welshman Dean Saunders. He was on Talksport the other day saying he hoped Aston Villa and Derby would get promoted along with Wolves.

Yes but Saunders is a Jack and he played for both Villa and Derby. Tosh is a Cardiff boy born and bred. Fair play to Saunders, if it were me and the Jacks were in our position now, I'd be rooting for Villa and Derby.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:16 am

City Slicker wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Yes but Saunders is a Jack and he played for both Villa and Derby. Tosh is a Cardiff boy born and bred. Fair play to Saunders, if it were me and the Jacks were in our position now, I'd be rooting for Villa and Derby.

it was only a few games on loan from Swansea but he has actually played for us too.
wasnt very good..strange start .not good enough for us and Swansea and then has a decent career

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:37 am

stevee1966 wrote:

Saunders is a wanker both as a pundit and as a person

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:04 pm

John Toshack awarded me my first ever football trophy back in the day. Liked him ever since!
:laughing6:

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:48 pm

nubbsy wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Saunders is a wanker both as a pundit and as a person

And as a manager.

Remember him being in charge at Wolves a few seasons ago when we beat them at their place in front of a half empty Molineux. I think they went down that season if my memory serves me correctly.

Made such a balls up as a manager that he's unlikely to be given a chance in any league above the dungeon I wouldn't have thought.