Shame on you Cardiff fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Shame on you Cardiff fans

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 am

Daio85 wrote:The amount of tickets left for Saturday night really is shocking.
Sure there will be the same old excuses being on tv, late on Saturday blah blah not good enough.

The manager and the players deserve more. Tgey deserve our full support. Hope it doesnt cost us.

the thread should read ..Shame on the TV companies.
ive been to 23 games this season but have missed a few i would have gone to had they not been moved including this one .
7.45 on a Saturday evening FFS
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Mulberry » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am

I bought 4 for Forest as soon as I could as its the nearest match to the lads 7th birthday.

Bought when it was still a normal Saturday KO.

The missus had the right abdabs when the time was changed not long after I'd bought them....

Imagine the shit I had when they dropped through the door days later showing 3pm KO on them!!

She's still not best happy and I've planted the seed about our nephew having her ticket so I dont have her mumping in me lugole.

:bluescarf:
Mulberry

Postby Savigma » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

Why are we obsessed with having sell outs? Income aside, I don’t think it’s good for us. The age old “come on City come on” fans encouraging the team is as negative as the people who turn up week in and week out get.

But too often when we have the “fans” who only turn up because We’re facing a big team etc are only there to get a win. They could care less about the effort the players put in, if we go a goal down or if we’re not winning late on. These so called fans who turn up for your pleasure to make up the numbers end up getting pissed off, verbally abusing players if they make a mistake, and start booing. We don’t need that kind of pressure. I’d happily take 17-19,000 for our last 2 home games rather than a 25-34k crowd. Common sense people. If Warnock likes to play down saying that Fulham should feel the pressure, then the less pressure on us the better and that means less crowd... just being honest
Savigma

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 am

"Shame on me"?

My health takes precedence at the moment gutted I can't get there and will have to make do with the telly.

Everything stops when City play for me whether it be at the game, tv or radio.

If that's not good enough, then SHAME ON ME!
Pulisnewport

Postby Daio85 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:06 am

Maybe they should give away a cheap free red scarf im sure it would be full again then
City Till I Die - We'll Always Be Blue
Daio85

Postby Daio85 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am

Jules wrote:
Daio85 wrote:
Jules wrote:And may I ask how long have you been this die-hard season ticket holder?

Really get pissed off with this shite as 'the usual excuses' as you put it sometimes are true. :twisted:

Well if its aimed at me im 32 and been going to watch City since i was 5. Had a season ticket for the last 15 years but its not even about that. This is a massive game and fans should be coming out for the final push. At the very least tge main bowl should be close to sold out

Get off your high horse lad as I wasn't 'aiming' anything just asking a simple question to see how long you been going as over the years, as you should well know, fans have come fans have gone but if they cannot get there then they cannot get there. simples.

Im not on my high horse i just answered your question.
Daio85

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 am

Daio85 wrote:
Jules wrote:
Daio85 wrote:
Jules wrote:And may I ask how long have you been this die-hard season ticket holder?

Really get pissed off with this shite as 'the usual excuses' as you put it sometimes are true. :twisted:

Well if its aimed at me im 32 and been going to watch City since i was 5. Had a season ticket for the last 15 years but its not even about that. This is a massive game and fans should be coming out for the final push. At the very least tge main bowl should be close to sold out

Get off your high horse lad as I wasn't 'aiming' anything just asking a simple question to see how long you been going as over the years, as you should well know, fans have come fans have gone but if they cannot get there then they cannot get there. simples.

Im not on my high horse i just answered your question.

I've been a regular since the late 60's. If the match had been in the afternoon, I would be there. I won't be going to this one as I have better things to do on a Saturday night, and I don't need to make excuses or justify myself. There are far more important things in my life than football, eg family, and my reason for not going this Saturday is simple, I have other things on that a far more important than watching a game of football.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

I’ve said it before but I hate the word “excuse” for going to a football game. People don’t need an excuse not to go, if they want to go and they can then they will. Its not mandatory that fans have to go to every game and that they need an excuse not to go to games. At the end of the day people have reasons that they aren’t going to games and that up to them.

What makes this game more important than say the Burton game?

Then the funny thing is when the fans do turn up we will have loads of messages about plastics. Some fans really have a big chip about being super fans and think they deserve a medal. If people want to go, can make it, can afford it and think its value for money then they will go.

If someone has say £20 and they would rather watch it in the pub with a few pints and friends then who are we to judge.
2blue2handle

Postby Daio85 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am

Everyone will have their reasons however as it stands there is a lot of seats available for a big game and its very dissapointing.
The timing element is poor on a saturday night especially for families.
But....if it was Man Utd or Liverpool at home it would be full
Daio85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:39 am

Daio85 wrote:Everyone will have their reasons however as it stands there is a lot of seats available for a big game and its very dissapointing.

I didn't attend one game during the premiership season.. now how does that theory work?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Daio85 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Daio85 wrote:Everyone will have their reasons however as it stands there is a lot of seats available for a big game and its very dissapointing.

I didn't attend one game during the premiership season.. now how does that theory work?

Its not aimed at your or anyone specifically but it is a fact
Daio85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Daio85 wrote:

I know that but like me a lot of others have stopped going to CCS since the rebrand.
I still go to away games :thumbright:

Lots of people have told me to get over it but its how I feel and I am entitled to do so.
It doesn't make me or anyone else less of a Cardiff fan.
Prior to the rebrand I had a ST for years and started watching Cardiff from the age of 2.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Daio85 wrote:

I know that but like me a lot of others have stopped going to CCS since the rebrand.

Lots of people have told me to get over it but its how I feel and I am entitled to do so.
Prior to the rebrand I had a ST for years and started watching Cardiff from the age of 2.

Its your right not to go but why? seems to me your cutting your nose off to spite you face as the saying goes.

You obviously loved watching us play in blue so come and watch us in blue. I know you cant help how you feel and totally agree its your choice but I don't get the logic.
2blue2handle

Postby epping blue » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Daio85 wrote:

The often used quote " If it was Man Utd or Liverpool it would be full" is misdirected in my opinion. If the people who cant get there Saturday for what ever reason couldn't get to those big fixtures they would still be full. The few that seldom miss easily replace by thousands that seldom go.

Cant get there Saturday myself, have to take my daughter back to Durham. If only Hull had been this week. Just hope I'm back to see it on the box.
epping blue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Daio85 wrote:

Its your right not to go but why? seems to me your cutting your nose off to spite you face as the saying goes.

You obviously loved watching us play in blue so come and watch us in blue. I know you cant help how you feel and totally agree its your choice but I don't get the logic.

To be honest with you, it isn't just the re brand for me anymore.
its a mixture of things.
I started losing interest when the atmosphere died. I watched the majority of the promotion season and I was delighted to go up but the fire in my belly had gone.
Over the last couple of years I've started doing away only and IF we go up this season I'll feel 100 times happier than the first time.
I had a son a year ago so I guess I'll probably end up with a ST in a couple of years as I want him to experience what I experienced with my old man growing up. :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Blueboys1927 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 pm

What shocks me more than our attendances is that I was in a pub in Rumney (Cardiff) the other night, got talking football and how well the City are doing, and two or three guys couldn't believe I've supported the City for over fifty years since I was 7, and said they couldn't care less if Cardiff win promotion or not, so long as the mighty Liverpool wim the champions league which would mean the world to them :evil: sorry I just can't get my head around this kind of attitude :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:What shocks me more than our attendances is that I was in a pub in Rumney (Cardiff) the other night, got talking football and how well the City are doing, and two or three guys couldn't believe I've supported the City for over fifty years since I was 7, and said they couldn't care less if Cardiff win promotion or not, so long as the mighty Liverpool wim the champions league which would mean the world to them :evil: sorry I just can't get my head around this kind of attitude :bluebird:

Try living in Caerphilly. This has been done to death with me!
I've argued time and time again with people over it.
I cheered a goal against man utd earlier in the season and someone commented " oh butt, you're a scouser as well are you" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:What shocks me more than our attendances is that I was in a pub in Rumney (Cardiff) the other night, got talking football and how well the City are doing, and two or three guys couldn't believe I've supported the City for over fifty years since I was 7, and said they couldn't care less if Cardiff win promotion or not, so long as the mighty Liverpool wim the champions league which would mean the world to them :evil: sorry I just can't get my head around this kind of attitude :bluebird:

I cheered a goal against man utd earlier in the season and someone commented " oh butt, you're a scouser as well are you" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Same here. In my local I am in a big minority. Most are Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool fans. They say they are supporters, but I can't see how you can support a club if you have never been to see them play. As far as I am concerned, I have never really had a choice. I have no interest in travelling half way around the country to watch a home match. The only side I could really support on a regular basis was the one on my doorstep. I class supporting someone as being able to cheer them on from the sidelines, helping out financially by buying match tickets, programmes etc., rather than watching them play on M.O.D on a Saturday night. As far as this Saturday is concerned, I would not be there whoever the opposition was. If it was in the afternoon, I would be there irrespective of whether it was Man City or Burton. opposition has nothing to do with it for me, and I also never watched us play a game in the PL.
Steve Zodiak

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Same here. In my local I am in a big minority. Most are Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool fans. They say they are supporters, but I can't see how you can support a club if you have never been to see them play. As far as I am concerned, I have never really had a choice. I have no interest in travelling half way around the country to watch a home match. The only side I could really support on a regular basis was the one on my doorstep. I class supporting someone as being able to cheer them on from the sidelines, helping out financially by buying match tickets, programmes etc., rather than watching them play on M.O.D on a Saturday night. As far as this Saturday is concerned, I would not be there whoever the opposition was. If it was in the afternoon, I would be there irrespective of whether it was Man City or Burton. opposition has nothing to do with it for me, and I also never watched us play a game in the PL.

I just don't understand how they get excited watching a club on tv that they have no connection to!?
I was brought up being told that Cardiff are my local club and win lose or draw that's how it stays.
I've managed to convert a few of my mates from being man u or liverpoop and now they love the city.
Until they experience a proper atmosphere they'll never understand.
Last edited by CaerphillyBluebird15 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Jules » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Daio85 wrote:

Absolutely hate the premier league and everything it stands for now I bought a season ticket but didn't attend games to my utter shame but I'll live with it.
Still think your heading needs alteration 'Shame on you..... FFS' :roll:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby theclaw » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:56 pm

It’s not an ideal KO time but it is what it is,look on the bright side people whp play sport on a Saturday afternoon can go :thumbup:
theclaw

Postby skiprat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Cardiff v wolves 1987 ninian park the attendance 2200 .cardiff v wolves 2018 CCS 29000 the good old 80s hey! Good old ninian park hey!.
skiprat

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Daio85 wrote:

Does this mean you were a plastic for the first 12 seasons? :lol:
103 Barmy Army

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:03 pm

skiprat wrote:Cardiff v wolves 1987 ninian park the attendance 2200 .cardiff v wolves 2018 CCS 29000 the good old 80s hey! Good old ninian park hey!.

You can't pick attendances in isolation. The ground has nothing to do with the attendance. It's all about the opposition and where they are in the league,how important a particular game is to us, and how well we are doing at that time. If you are going to select individual games you can say Real Madrid - 45,000, good old Ninian Park.
Steve Zodiak

Postby epping blue » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Anyone know why they're reluctant to open any more blocks. The ground has been pretty much limited to the corners, grandstand or isolated seats for a few days now. They could still open a full block in the family and Ninian before they need to think about level 4 or 5.
epping blue

Postby Gaynor Straight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:31 pm

epping blue wrote:Anyone know why they're reluctant to open any more blocks. The ground has been pretty much limited to the corners, grandstand or isolated seats for a few days now. They could still open a full block in the family and Ninian before they need to think about level 4 or 5.

It costs money to open extra blocks so they won't open them until other blocks are full
Gaynor Straight

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 pm

skiprat wrote:Cardiff v wolves 1987 ninian park the attendance 2200 .cardiff v wolves 2018 CCS 29000 the good old 80s hey! Good old ninian park hey!.

I was one of them, and that's what gets me with these newer fans who always criticize people when they don't turn up. Fair enough, if you genuinely weren't old enough to go back then, but most who attend regularly these days were, and definitely didn't bother turning up when we were shite!
When decent crowds do turn up for big games now, they moan about that as well-can't win. 'There's queues to get in/out, the guy next to me didn't know our players names. The Pub was packed, couldn't get served, usually 10 of us in there'.
Who cares, I welcome everyone-old and new supporters.

Hope we win on Saturday, and those that attend cheer the team on. I've got absolutely no intention of going, I'll be out with my missus, same as most Sat nights.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:51 pm

epping blue wrote:Anyone know why they're reluctant to open any more blocks. The ground has been pretty much limited to the corners, grandstand or isolated seats for a few days now. They could still open a full block in the family and Ninian before they need to think about level 4 or 5.

the Eticketing plan of the stadium has been missleading all season mate
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:

It costs money to open extra blocks so they won't open them until other blocks are full

I understand that but you've got to have some flexibility. There has to be some sort of reasonable overlap. With Forest bringing so few surely they could open more of the original bowl, they'll have to eventually or potentially turn walk up away. I'd like to think they wont do that with thousand of empty seats.

At the moment they've opened less of the lower Ninian than they did for Wolves who brought 3x as many fans. There's only a handful of saleable seats left in the Family with at least another block they could sell.
epping blue

Postby Bluebird Always » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Shame on Cardiff fans????
I will be there but what a ridiculous kick off time!
Don't forget many games this season have been moved for TV!
If fans can't make it, so be it.
Perhaps they've got other things more important than football.
I'll be there, you'll be there.
So what's your problem if many can't make it on a Saturday night?
I have a season ticket so i'll go.
If i didn't have a season tixket and had other things on, i wouldn't go. Simple as that!
Bluebird Always

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat