Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Best/Worst grounds

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 am

Dahboy wrote:
The Cobra wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Ray Bishop wrote:Best, I really like The Hawthorns, really good atmosphere in there. Worst, The County Ground, Northampton. The cricket pitch was on the one side, plus the main stand looked terrible. Somerton Park in Newport was also a shithole.

Hope you never went to the county ground to see Northampton as they play at sixfields stadium lol. But yeah Swindon town was a shit hole too.

Northampton played at the County ground, a chap called George Best made history there in a FA cup game! scoring 6!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ge ... ORM=VDQVAP

You learn something new everyday as they say. Well I did not know that, I do apologise Ray Bishop :ayatollah:

No problem mate.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

The stadium in Toulouse was a bowl, there were also few Russians maybe a couple of thousand to have banter with either yet I can say without a shadow of a doubt it is probably one of the best atmosphers/games I have ever been to.

Why? Probably because everyone was stood up and everyone was 100% behind the team and the country. I think the problem does not lie with the fact some of the stadiums are 'bowls' the problem comes when they are not full and that is the problem we have had, when you have 18/19,000 in a stadium that holds 33,000 it's always going to be a bit more difficult but ultimately it's the fans that make atmosphere blaming the grounds is anot excuse realy

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Worst Elm Park reading .
Best Wembley or emirates

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Worst eastville ,like a load of cow sheds and the best the dell a proper old footy stadium with a great atmosphere

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:11 pm

frank skinner wrote:Worst eastville ,like a load of cow sheds and the best the dell a proper old footy stadium with a great atmosphere

Eastville was a shithole but what an away day thousands of city fans on the old football specials, first away match for many city fans of a certain age, and they use to bring f**k all to Ninian Park. Ayresome park was a dump as was the city.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Worst - Somerton Park, Eastville, the old County Ground Northampton

Best - Westfalenstadion, Dortmund with honourable mention to the San Siro...

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Worst definitely the Vetch the bogs were atrocious :o

Best difficult but PSV's ground in Eindhoven takes some beating awesome atmosphere and over head heating what's that about :old:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:44 am

Best ground FCB Barca
Worst Ground, Lido FC Cwmaman

:bluescarf: