Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Prostate Cancer UK

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Guys,

My dad has been a near lifelong Cardiff fan - a true blue since '82 as he often tells me! He was diagnosed with an aggressive prostate cancer around 18 months ago and has been through the rounds with chemo, radio and hormone therapy and is now in a stage of recovery. It's a disease that affects so many men and diagnoses are increasing year on year. This means more is needed to be done to research the disease to get better at diagnosing and treating it effectively.

I just wanted to write a quick message to promote an amazing family friend called Donna Perry who will be running the London Marathon this weekend for my dad, in aid of Prostate Cancer UK. She's been training hard and has arguably been working even harder to raise money! She has been contacting ex-Cardiff players to help promote the cause and has even been in touch with the main man himself - Mr Warnock - who invited dad and a few friends down to watch the team train for the day (yet another reason to love him)!

If anyone would like to donate the link is below, it's a really worthwhile cause and no donation is too small. Donna deserves all the support she receives, she's been incredible! So if you could spare anything, Donna, my dad and I would be so grateful.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/donna-perry7

Cheers Bluebirds!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Last bumped by Cardiffblue92 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 am.