Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Fulham fans "

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 am

Just had a browse on their forum... Wow... hope they get stuffed just for this comment. They honestly think they have a god given right to be in the Premier League. really hope they fail! C'mon Millwall!!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

"It’s fine weather and a good day for an away win at the New Den.
Being on Sky, it’s another good opportunity to show the nation and anyone watching abroad why we are where we are, with a reputation for playing football in a way only some clubs can dream about.
In fact playing Premier League Football in the Championship is unique and should be rewarded with another fine away victory.
Providing of course we roll our sleeves up and match fire with fire. Not a match for faint hearts, and neither should it be.
An opportunity to stand up and be counted. I am sure the Manager and Players share these same sentiments. We have no intention to go there to see Millwall running round in triumph at the final whistle.
My message to our players as they emerge from the Players Tunnel.

“ NOT ONE STEP BACK “."

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... &board=1.0

Re: " Fulham fans "

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 am

They are without doubt the biggest fools in the championship with the belief they should be in the PL.

They don't call them Foolham for nothing :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 am

Across the season I have read through many of the other clubs messageboards and nearly all fans have a bit of bravado when doing well, slate us when we do well but then they become pretty level headed about their capabilities and what we have done.

I say NEARLY all as Fulham fans have remained up their own arses even when they started poorly.

Wolves, Villa and even Bristol during the stint at the top finally accepted that we were where we were on merit whatever they thought of our ability.

Bristol City fans are now pretty annoyed they didnt employ Warnock when they had the chance.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 am

I'm surprised at some of the comments that I've seen made by Fulham fans - I thought they were different to that. As a cardiff fan I always wish and hope we get to the PL but never assume and certainly don't believe it's our right to be there. Infact even at times when we were 7 points ahead a couple of months ago when we were like promotion? Will we do it? When will we do it etc etc but underneath I'm nevertheless that confident until we are literally there! I've seen Fulham play a few times this season - in both home and away and on live on TV. They played well against us away but in all honesty they don't look like anything that special , no more than us really. Our football is different and I'd say our football is more exciting as you just have no idea what's going to happen but we are usually guaranteed some late drama. Our players never give up. I had wanted Fulham to get promoted up until I realised how alike their fans are to the Wolves fans!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Just had a browse on their forum... Wow... hope they get stuffed just for this comment. They honestly think they have a god given right to be in the Premier League. really hope they fail! C'mon Millwall!!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Being on Sky, it’s another good opportunity to show the nation and anyone watching abroad why we are where we are, with a reputation for playing football in a way only some clubs can dream about.
In fact playing Premier League Football in the Championship is unique and should be rewarded with another fine away victory.
Providing of course we roll our sleeves up and match fire with fire. Not a match for faint hearts, and neither should it be.
An opportunity to stand up and be counted. I am sure the Manager and Players share these same sentiments. We have no intention to go there to see Millwall running round in triumph at the final whistle.

“ NOT ONE STEP BACK “."

I think they will nik a 1 nil win please god let that not be the case.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 am

They’re obviously a good team, but I really don’t think they’re as good as they think, just saying!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 am

Happy Clackers???

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:48 am

Deepest darkest millwall on a Friday night full house facking lavs it get into em wall

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:53 am

Dahboy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Just had a browse on their forum... Wow... hope they get stuffed just for this comment. They honestly think they have a god given right to be in the Premier League. really hope they fail! C'mon Millwall!!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

“ NOT ONE STEP BACK “."

I think they will nik a 1 nil win please god let that not be the case.

Lol,I have been reading your posts and I'm sure you're the biggest pessimist on this site.

Not a dig mate, just an observation. :laughing6: :old:

Chin up fella... :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I'm surprised at some of the comments that I've seen made by Fulham fans - I thought they were different to that. As a cardiff fan I always wish and hope we get to the PL but never assume and certainly don't believe it's our right to be there. Infact even at times when we were 7 points ahead a couple of months ago when we were like promotion? Will we do it? When will we do it etc etc but underneath I'm nevertheless that confident until we are literally there! I've seen Fulham play a few times this season - in both home and away and on live on TV. They played well against us away but in all honesty they don't look like anything that special , no more than us really. Our football is different and I'd say our football is more exciting as you just have no idea what's going to happen but we are usually guaranteed some late drama. Our players never give up. I had wanted Fulham to get promoted up until I realised how alike their fans are to the Wolves fans!

Living in west London I come across a fair few Fulham fans and they are all up there own ass second only to QPR in this part of town as a bunch of arrogant think there club is better than they are tossers. This season though they have taken it to new levels.

Brentford are the only decent set of fans in west London and Millwall fans are to a man (that I've met at least) a decent lads of a very similar ilk to us.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:49 am

They are the epitome of the Soccer AM generation.....

Starbucks and stats philosophers.......Its a game generally played by 22 working class or poor boys, analysed to death as if its a NASA mission

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:They are the epitome of the Soccer AM generation.....

Starbucks and stats philosophers.......Its a game generally played by 22 working class or poor boys, analysed to death as if its a NASA mission

Very well put Llan, my thoughts exactly :thumbup:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I watched Fulham v Brentford and whilst they knocked it about nicely, Brentford should have won and I think Millwall will be right up for it tonight.

I lived in London for many years and Fulham fans were just seen as a bunch of soppy wet farts which they still are. Shame the Michael Jackson statue got removed as it represented what they are as a club.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Would love it if they got stuffed tonight!!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I'm surprised at some of the comments that I've seen made by Fulham fans - I thought they were different to that. As a cardiff fan I always wish and hope we get to the PL but never assume and certainly don't believe it's our right to be there. Infact even at times when we were 7 points ahead a couple of months ago when we were like promotion? Will we do it? When will we do it etc etc but underneath I'm nevertheless that confident until we are literally there! I've seen Fulham play a few times this season - in both home and away and on live on TV. They played well against us away but in all honesty they don't look like anything that special , no more than us really. Our football is different and I'd say our football is more exciting as you just have no idea what's going to happen but we are usually guaranteed some late drama. Our players never give up. I had wanted Fulham to get promoted up until I realised how alike their fans are to the Wolves fans!

To say they're not anything special is ridiculous :lol: they're 3rd in the league unbeaten in 20 and before the Brentford game were swatting teams away like they were nothing (Wolves 2-0 and Villa 2-0, when it could have been more) And I have to disagree with saying our football is more exciting, if I was a neutral id rather watch Fulham play than us, I thought the Fulham vs Brentford game was a great game of football and find it more exciting watching a team play between the lines and play fluid passing football than watch us play with the ball in the air for 90 mins. However that's not taking away the fantastic job Warnock has done and I'm sure will continue to do, but fair play to Fulham they play some really nice football.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Agree with the previous.Warnock probably my favourite city manager .if we go up however we will need to start playing football.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

To say they're not anything special is ridiculous :lol: they're 3rd in the league unbeaten in 20 and before the Brentford game were swatting teams away like they were nothing (Wolves 2-0 and Villa 2-0, when it could have been more) And I have to disagree with saying our football is more exciting, if I was a neutral id rather watch Fulham play than us, I thought the Fulham vs Brentford game was a great game of football and find it more exciting watching a team play between the lines and play fluid passing football than watch us play with the ball in the air for 90 mins. However that's not taking away the fantastic job Warnock has done and I'm sure will continue to do, but fair play to Fulham they play some really nice football.

A very fair and balanced post. I have never seen a team in the championship go undefeated for so many games. Hats off to Fulham but the fans, well now that's a totally different matter !

Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 am

Fulham; just a small town in Chelsea with a 'wannabe' mentality amongst their fanbase! ;)

Can't take away from what JOKEanovic and his team have achieved though! :clap:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 am

Morris dancing gits gave Wall a right mauling second half. Sods. Oh well, lets get behind our lads tonight. Cant think of anything better than being in my seat with my lad next to me, saturday night, under the floodlights.....lets have a big turnout, make some noise and no matter what the result, tip our hats to a fabulous season and an incredible manager in neil warnock. We can still do this, weve got this far and i believe in warnock, he’s a canny lad and top fella. Bluebirds! Looking forward to derby too, nice drive up there. got my scarf Parker and bobble hat at the ready!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:18 am

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Morris dancing gits gave Wall a right mauling second half. Sods. Oh well, lets get behind our lads tonight. Cant think of anything better than being in my seat with my lad next to me, saturday night, under the floodlights.....lets have a big turnout, make some noise and no matter what the result, tip our hats to a fabulous season and an incredible manager in neil warnock. We can still do this, weve got this far and i believe in warnock, he’s a canny lad and top fella. Bluebirds! Looking forward to derby too, nice drive up there. got my scarf Parker and bobble hat at the ready!

You sound not too confident mate.
Think of it this way, we should beat forest.
We then need to win either of our away games which tbf we should do.
Then it’s a home game c Reading.
That’s all assuming Fulham win their last 2.
I’d rather be in our shoes mate.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:41 pm

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/i ... c=64907.80

f**k em

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Sums them up in these three posts written after or final whistle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 pm

its worth looking at twitter, search latest tweets for the word 'fulham' they are i full :cry: mode

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:58 pm

THeres our team talks for the last 3 games right there with that screen shot