Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ferguson or Wenger... best manager and biggest legacy?

You may select 1 option

View results

Ferguson or Wenger?

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Who left the biggest legacy and was the better manager?

Someone just said to me Wenger :shock:

Would have thought everyone would say Sir Alex?

Re: Ferguson or Wenger?

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Not even a debate

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Whoever said that to you mate is probably just anti Man Utd.

It's a no contest, not even close, what Ferguson achieved in the game is outstanding not just with Man Utd but Aberdeen aswell.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:17 pm

I don't think a poll is needed, any sane person knows the answer

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think a poll is needed, any sane person knows the answer

Nothing to do with sanity, football is a game of opinions.

Whilst Fergy is the best decorated Manager by a country mile, I will plump for Wenger. He changed the way the game is played, he never had the resources of Man U and he was just such a more dignified man than Fergy ever was.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

I’m not so sure about not having the resources. When they moved to The Emirates, money was tight but when that was paid off, I think money was available to him but he was reluctant to spend a fortune, like some other managers would. Possibly, he managed the only team that could compete with Guardiola’s Man City in terms of playing football. Good luck to him where ever he goes.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:20 pm

No contest and no debate. Silly poll really.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:02 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think a poll is needed, any sane person knows the answer

Nothing to do with sanity, football is a game of opinions.

Whilst Fergy is the best decorated Manager by a country mile, I will plump for Wenger. He changed the way the game is played, he never had the resources of Man U and he was just such a more dignified man than Fergy ever was.

While United spent big they also built a team around their youth system, the majority of the stars Fergie built up and cost next to nothing. I certainly wouldn't say Wenger has been dignified either. Your right it's a game of opinions but I don't see this at all.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Not even close

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 pm

No contest, Fergie built and rebuilt, with continued success (granted with some difficulty in the early years). What i will say is that i was lucky enough to see the invincibles at goodison in 2004. I recall Radsinski equalising late on and us giving them a run for their money. That was a noisey night. That side with Robert Pirès (who Wenger described as the oil in our engine), was sensational. But better than a giggs, scholes, Keane and Beckham midfield? Mmm.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Fergie all day.

If you asked who changed the game in England then it be Wenger.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:16 am

Sir Alex Ferguson without a doubt :thumbright:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:54 am

All organisations become the image of their leader..

Both were amazing leaders but for me Ferguson was tough, ruthless, uncompromising and practical.Whilst Wenger was too loyal and cherished beauty over pragmatism.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:16 am

i think both these managers go into the highest class in Premier League history for me along with Jose Mourinho.

So I think an end of an era phrase is used much ofter, but i think that when eventually Jose Mourinho retires then it is truly end of an era.