Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" The pressure is off "

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 am

The pressure is off

Nottingham Forest FC

Saturday 21st April 2018

Nottingham Forest forward Joe Lolley says The Reds can go out and play without pressure when they face Cardiff City on Saturday.

But the winger believes that there is still plenty to play for, with opportunities set to be give to the whole squad to prove their credentials.

He said: “Cardiff have more pressure on them than us and hopefully we can play with a bit more freedom. We don’t have that pressure to get the result like they have and that can work in your favour sometimes.

“We have a squad full of players who want to prove themselves, whether they are on loan or they want to stay here next season, and everyone has a point to prove to the manager.

“Whoever is picked will want to go out, do a good job and show that they can compete for next year.”

Lolley knows that Cardiff will pose a stern test but he is preparing for a physical contest against Neil Warnock’s side.

He said: “They’re physical and pretty direct and we know that set pieces are going to be crucial. We probably haven’t defended those the best recently and we know we are going to have to be at it on Saturday.

“We are going to have to physical, to battle and do that side of the game and then hopefully our quality on the ball will show if we are brave with it.

“It is going to be an intense game and we need to make sure we are up for it.

“I remember being in that situation last year with Huddersfield, knowing that you have to win to keep up there. It is a lot of pressure as you know if you do slip up, there is a good chance the other teams will win.

“They will be feeling the pressure I am sure and we need to make sure we capitalise on that, force them errors and get their crowd feeling nervous so we can take the game by the scruff of the neck and go on and win it.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " The pressure is off "

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 am

You have to be careful, but at this time of the season you want to play teams safely in mid table. That’s why I hope it’s all sorted out before the Reading game.