Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED:“ NOTTINGHAM FOREST FANS AWAY AT CARDIFF "

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Forest Fans Away At Cardiff City exactly 593 Forest Fans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NOTTINGHAM FOREST FANS AWAY AT CARDIFF "

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:24 pm

That really is shocking , from a supposed "big club".

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Pathetic club, pathetic support

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Give your heads a wobble ffs.

500+ for a nothing game at 7.45 on a Saturday night live on Sky. Fair play to them.

We only took 1,000 to Sheffield and 1,000 to Norwich and we are going for promotion.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:45 pm

RV Casual wrote:Give your heads a wobble ffs.

500+ for a nothing game at 7.45 on a Saturday night live on Sky. Fair play to them.

We only took 1,000 to Sheffield and 1,000 to Norwich and we are going for promotion.

There’s no way that’s 500+
Thought it was 250 odd

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Init... Some people need to pull their head out of the sand before they judge other teams support!

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:38 am

Spot on, well done to all their fans who travelled.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 am

Fair play to them, not a nice trip. 19:45 games on a sat are ridiculous. While the Copa Del Ray final is on too. :roll: :roll:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:57 am

As poor as that following is, we are in no position to judge other clubs support. For a team that has been in the top 4 for the entire season our home and away attendances have been poor.

Makes me cringe when people in the canton end sing ‘is that all you take away’ and ‘your support is f’ing shit’.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:15 am

Walinoz wrote:

There’s no way that’s 500+
Thought it was 250 odd

Cardiff tweeted that there were 593.

The whole section holds 2,200+ I believe and I would say it's probably about a 1/4 or so full so that sounds about right to me.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:09 am

nubbsy wrote:

Init... Some people need to pull their head out of the sand before they judge other teams support!

Yeah but you can’t say that to our superfans!

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Absolutely Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright:

100% We can't have ago at other clubs away support as ours has been worse than awful for the last 4 years.

Only now with guaranteed success as it become fair away support.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:13 pm

For a club which has won the champions league twice and prides itself on its attendances, it's a pathetic following, had it been the other way round I'm sure our support would have been ridiculed.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Good support for a nothing match, on a Saturday night, live on TV. Yes I know Forest are a way bigger club than we are, but our general away support this season for a club on the verge of Pl promotion has been abysmal, even for a smaller club :bluebird:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Fair go to the Forest fans last night - they sounded in good voice if there was under 600 of them.

They gave a good song from where we were in the family stand - the missus (an ardent egg fan) really enjoyed her first real football match. She even said that "there's a lot of skilled footwork out of the Cardiff bloke with orange boots" - that was Zahore. She was also impressed by Ethridge and "didn't realise how hard being a goalkeeper was".

Still not enjoyable enough for her to do a season ticket.... but baby steps - memberships all round at least!

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:18 pm

To be fair to forest fans I know a lot of there fans were staying away last night because a lot of them travel by train I think the last train back to the Midlands was twenty past nine that was no good to them when the game was still on

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Dreadful support for a club that's given their fans 56 seasons in the top flite. I've followed city since 1975 and haven't seen a single solitary top flite game .

Re: UPDATED:“ NOTTINGHAM FOREST FANS AWAY AT CARDIFF "

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Exactly 593 Forest Fans last night

Re: UPDATED:“ NOTTINGHAM FOREST FANS AWAY AT CARDIFF "

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Anyone who knows anything about football knows Forest have had consistently good away support for decades ... Yes they had amazing times in the 80’s but that’s over 30yrs ago.

They’ve done nothing for years.

What did they have to play for last night?

Not the best support, but fair play to those that travelled.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Agree. Last season I was one of 400 or so Ccfc fans at forest for a 5.30 sat kick off. The last train back to Nottingham leaves Cardiff at about 9pm. Huge respect to the 593 loyal fans.