Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:TONIGHT CARDIFF CITY ARE NOW ON THE VERGE OF PREMIER

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:37 pm

My View / Opinion

TONIGHT CARDIFF CITY ARE NOW ON THE VERGE OF PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL AFTER BEATING A LIVELY NOTTINGHAM FOREST TEAM.

JUST 2 MORE WINS AND CARDIFF CITY WILL BE A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City lived dangerously against a Forest team who came to spoil the Cardiff promotion surge.

But Cardiff's consistent pressure paid off :bluebird: :bluebird:

For me Neil Etheridge was man of the match :bluebird:

First-half City & Forest had their chances, Etheridge made a number of saves, but thankfully sean Morrison headed in to give City a half-time lead :thumbright: :bluebird:

Second half City pressed and pressed for a winner after Forest equalised.

CARDIFF CITY 2 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Crowd 21,310
Away Support 593 Forest Fans

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Bruno Manga Sean Morrison Joe Bennett Aron Gunnarsson Craig Bryson Joe Ralls
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Junior Hoilett Kenneth Zohore

Subs Brian Murphy Sol Bamba Marko Grujic Callum Paterson Yanic Wildschut Anthony Pilkington Gary Madine

Cardiff started brightly and then faded with Forest nearly scoring.

Then two headers in quick succession from Sean Morrison in the opposition box, but neither really threatened Forest.

City goalie Etheridge was called upon on a number occasions and made some excellent saves :bluebird:

City stayed composed and started to take control, then in the 35th min Cardiff City Captain Sean Morrison with a superb header from a Joe Ralls corner gave City the lead 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

H/T 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sol Bamba replaced injured Lee Peltier just as the second-half started.

What a chance for Cardiff as Gunnarsson threaded the ball through to Zohore who dinked it over Kapino, but it striked the post and Forest cleared it.

With in a min Forest went up the other end, whipped the ball in from the left and Bridcutt lashes home. 1-1. :cry: :cry:

The Bluebirds continued press Forest, but the visitors - to their credit - looked very comfortable in possession.

Mendez-Laing was replaced by Wildschut for the Bluebirds.

Kenneth Zohore went through on goal after a long ball by Wildschut, and was hauled down by Mancienne who got booked.

Hoilett whipped in the free-kick to the back post, Bamba headed back into the box and Gunnarsson lashed home! 2-1! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Callum Paterson replaced Bryson 86th min :bluebird:

Cardiff stayed solid and got the 3pts :bluebird:

F/T 2-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

My Man of the Match Neil Etheridge :thumbright: :bluebird:

UP NEXT DERBY COUNTY AWAY ON TUESDAY 24TH APRIL 2018 :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:TONIGHT CARDIFF CITY ARE NOW ON THE VERGE OF PRE

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Well I didn't enjoy any of that, other than my fosters at half time. Nervy as heck all the way through. Phew.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Poor performance, but three points is all that matters.

Thought that Morrison was immense, my MOTM by a mile :thumbright:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Morrison is such a brilliant captain, brings calmness to the team, speaks well in interview, thought Gunnars did well tonight, dug in deep when needed, all in all not a great performance abysmal at times however these gritty wins all count and we’re only 2 wins away from the bigtime

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:47 pm

I had four cans of cider chilling for circumstances such as them tonight. Haha, I need them, phew!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 pm

WHAT a massive result, we were very nervous throughout but our team spirit and desire came through, gunners epitomised our commitment tonight, yeah he's a bit ring rusty but he's a battler, You are my Cardiff.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:56 pm

Well I thought it was a good performance because we played to our strengths.

If this was a mid table tie we would all be saying we were comfortable. As there is a lot more at stake I think our emotions are getting the best of us. We will all be feeling a lot better after Tuesday night.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Never in doubt. Haha

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Never in doubt. Haha

I wish I had your confidence

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Great result but the forest goal was easy , the defending was shocking
But a win is a win . :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:41 pm

This time next a Friday we could be up :occasion5:

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Huge win as it takes so much preside off Tuesdays game.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 pm

One down, two to go. In the meantime, go on The Black Cats and the Blues.....give us a surprise!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Massive win! Any dropped points in that game would have put us under massive pressure against Derby. Fair play to the players, they dug deep and got the win. Thought the fans were 12th man today. Superb support!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:19 pm

I fully agree with Annis Neil Etheridge was MOM. Morrison was superb and in any other game he would have been MOM. But NE saved us time and again tonight and without his brave goal keeping we would have comfortably lost this game.

A couple of weeks ago I thought player of the season was a straight fight between Sol Bamba and Junior Hoillet but now I beginning to think that Neil Etheridge has a better shout than both of them.

Top keeper and I'm sure bigger clubs are starting to notice.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:11 am

could not make the game due to location but had it on talksport2 one of the presenters was so anti Cardiff city it done my head in big time. hates freaks on the radio. loves Cardiff city I may be miles away its 340 miles away but ur still in my heart..

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:44 am

The was a typically 'Cardiff city' performance tonight and it had my heart beating wildly...and it went off the Richter scale when Sol Bamba sent that ball aimlessly across field in the second half! :o :shock:

Also agree with Annis that Neil Etheridge easily Man of the Match for me but I also agree that Sean Morrison was a colossus that kept the back four intact. A great goal from him and a great goal from Gunnar (along with some superb blocks and interceptions that MUST have hurt him on occasion!

A superb result in the end and we move on to Derby County knowing that anything we get is effectively a bonus and a win would put us on the brink!

Loving this season and a great atmosphere at the CCS tonight! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:50 am

I have been away for 25 years and always thought that certain radio coverage has been somewhat anti Cardiff and it does grate but as long as the fans keep up their tremendous support and we can fathom a decent style of football ( battling spirit in the bag! ) we will win over those whose opinions matter,
I thought that Morrison was great tonight and I think we'd gain more chances if he has other targets ie players with greater anticipation / awareness around him to offer other targets as although he tried to.head everything at goal the majority of chchances he had the majority weren't clear cut.
Gunners was 110 commitment and he looks like he'll stay if we go up which is great Imo.
The whole team showed character and it was a great match to.watch, can't wait for Tuesday.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Exactly 593 Forest Fans