Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ GARY ROWETT: MY ONLY WORRY IS THE WEATHER “

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 am

Gary Rowett speaks ahead of Derby County v Cardiff City.

Derby Telegraph

Monday 23rd April 2018

“Our focus is purely on what we can achieve this season. It’s still there for us and we are still fighting.

My only concern is that I’ve come in this morning and it’s really cold outside. It was freezing when I was walking into the press conference.

Neil has created a bit of needle, I don’t think anyone else has stoked things up. I’ve got no problem with that. I still like the guy. It’s all a bit panto at times, though!

It’s still the same scenario. If we win or draw on Tuesday, we’re back in the top six. There’s a pressure on every team. There’s pressure on Cardiff to stay in the top two, and pressure on us to get back in the top six.

We’ve got to perform and get a result. We have to seize our opportunity. It’s still there for us. We’re still fighting and we’ve got to take that into Tuesday’s game.

I’d like to think there would be a massive response from my players in terms of a massive desire to win the game. I think we’ve been pretty respectful during the whole scenario. Some of the things that have happened have been a bit embarrassing if I’m honest. I shouldn’t have to give the players any motivation.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ GARY ROWETT: MY ONLY WORRY IS THE WEATHER “

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 am

It was a pathetic attempt at humour which didn't work!! :laughing6:

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 pm

I think this clown has a hell of a lot more to worry about than the weather,like the sack at the end of the season.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Says it’s all gone a bit panto at times, then makes that ridiculous comment. There’s only one manager and one team who want this game to go ahead and it’s not Rowett the clown. They were sh1tting it before and they’re still sh1tting it now.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:57 pm

He’s right about the embarrassment. Unfortunately it was all on derby who were rightly outed as cheats. Very embarrassing for rowett and derby fc

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:36 pm

i’d be concerned about a floodlight failure, especially if we are winning!

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:He’s right about the embarrassment. Unfortunately it was all on derby who were rightly outed as cheats. Very embarrassing for rowett and derby fc

Spot On :thumbup: