Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS 23/04/18

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm

NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS

23rd April 2018

Neil Warnock admits it will be business as usual for his Cardiff City stars during their Championship promotion run-in.

The Bluebirds' destiny remains firmly in their own hands ahead of their clash with Derby County at Pride Park on Tuesday night, and Warnock's men will clinch automatic promotion into the Premier League with two wins from their final three league outings against the Rams, Hull City and Reading.

And Warnock admits that Fulham - who extended their unbeaten run in the league to 22 games with a 3-0 win over Millwall at The Den last time out - would have romped to a top two place in any other season had his Bluebirds side not been around.

"It’s tough isn’t it, but I do love it," said Warnock.

"You start the season, you know all the rules and we tried to focus on getting into the playoffs. By Christmas we realised we could have loftier ambitions. Instead of fading away after a horrific December, I think we just got stronger.

"Even after the disappointments of Wolves and Aston Villa, you’re bound to be down, but we have picked ourselves up and dusted ourselves off and gone again.

"In a normal season, Fulham would have walked it by now. 22 games unbeaten with the players they’ve got. We must be like something they want to swat away, like a rash or something.

"But we keep going and it’s making it an interesting end to the season for TV and the media because otherwise it would just be a two-horse race and it would have been finished by now.

"I think the lads are all looking forward to it. We can go into it (against Derby) in good spirits knowing if things don’t go right, we’ve still got two more games to have a go at. We’ll be going there to try and win the game like Derby will, because both clubs have to do that.

"Three games in a week is tough, especially the way we play. Everyone seems in good spirits and they all want to have a go. Even the lads who haven’t been involved. Jazz Richards is back with us today.

"I think Derby County away and Hull City away are two of the toughest games anyway. Reading at home to finish with, they are fighting too. There aren’t any easy games.

"Sunderland being relegated, you expect Fulham to overpower them. We’ve got to try and be in a position where we can win promotion in these three games."

The Bluebirds are currently one point ahead of Slavisa Jokanovic's side who end their campaign with games against relegated Sunderland and strugglers Birmingham City.

Fulham would reach 91 points if they won both of their final two matches, a tally Cardiff would eclipse if they secure victories in two of their last three games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS 23/04/18

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:09 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

'We’ll be going there to try and win the game like Derby will'

And a final word from Warnock on the away trip to Derby tomorrow:

I think the lads are all looking forward to it.
We can go into it (against Derby) in good spirits knowing if things don’t go right, we’ve still got two more games to have a go at.
We’ll be going there to try and win the game like Derby will, because both clubs have to do that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:43 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We must be like something Fulham want to swat away"

"In a normal season, Fulham would have walked it by now. 22 games unbeaten with the players they’ve got."

"We must be like something they want to swat away, like a rash or something.
But we keep going and it’s making it an interesting end to the season for TV and the media because otherwise it would just be a two-horse race and it would have been finished by now."

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

'Instead of fading away after a horrific December, I think we just got stronger'

It’s tough isn’t it, but I do love it. You start the season, you know all the rules and we tried to focus on getting into the play-offs.
By Christmas we realised we could have loftier ambitions.
Instead of fading away after a horrific December, I think we just got stronger.
Even after the disappointments of Wolves and Aston Villa, you’re bound to be down, but we have picked ourselves up and dusted ourselves off and gone again.