Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Going up to prem

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Is going up all that yes the sky money helps but you spend all year trying to get 40 points to stay up losing most of the time i for one would rather go to Brentford millwall qpr than Man City or Man U away if for one ain't bothered if we go up or not I love the championship what's everyone's thoughts

Re: Going up to prem

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Get promoted ( hopefully) , try to enjoy it and if it’s a disaster come back down with a much healthier bank balance. That’s my outlook.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Agree. PL is just so the big 6 can get richer. I still want us to go up though just for the achievement against the odds. But as a league id rather win 28 games in the championship than 10 in the PL.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Completely agree with this post.

However the Premier League riches is what the club needs.

If we go up, let’s have a better go than last time!

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Completely agree with this post.

However the Premier League riches is what the club needs.

If we go up, let’s have a better go than last time!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:04 am

What a load of bollox.Hope the players are not reading this after all the effort they have put in this season.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:17 am

I understand where you’re coming from, but can’t agree.

Every club and every fan should always want their club to get as high up the ladder as possible. The Premier League is the biggest and most watched football league in the world.

Burnley fans probably thought all they’d ever do is fight for survival, but now looks like they’re heading for the Europa League. You have to mention Leicester’s remarkable season as well.

I will always want Cardiff City to be as high up the ladder as possible.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I understand where you’re coming from, but can’t agree.

Every club and every fan should always want their club to get as high up the ladder as possible. The Premier League is the biggest and most watched football league in the world.

Burnley fans probably thought all they’d ever do is fight for survival, but now looks like they’re heading for the Europa League. You have to mention Leicester’s remarkable season as well.

This. Let's get up there and this time without all the off the field shenanigans, do our very best to stay there. If a much smaller Club like Bournemouth can do it, we can. :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:32 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I understand where you’re coming from, but can’t agree.

Totally agree you have to have ambition in everything in life what would be the point of slugging through a hard season and wishing you could remain in that division and not progress yourselves

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:56 am

Good to have a go but don’t blow millions on players this time. Get financially stable so when we come back down we are not 100 million in debt and we can have another good go. Being a yo yo club is fine if your managed properly. :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 am

Typical small minded Cardiff atitude little Bournemouth finished 9th last season in the premier league look at Burnley this season .anythings possible.so many just happy for us to bump around forever achieving nothing .try setting your sites higher ffs.the crowds this season have shown the market for the championship has gone.15 years scratching around in this league its done and dusted.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 am

Personally, as I've said before, I hate the Premier League but would like to see Cardiff back there as that's what the players should be aspiring to, to play against some of the worlds best.
BUT.. IMO we will need quite a few new players and sadly I don't think Mr.Warnock's tactics will cut the mustard as things have moved on.( this is by no means a slur on NW as he has done amazingly well)

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 am

Would you be saying the same if we did a Leicester city? Now I know that's highly unlikely and also very unlikely even finishing in the top half but if we don't aim high what's the point really? The same applies to any other club in any league. What's the point of the conference league (or whatever they are called now) clubs pushing on to get into the football league? If we aren't here to win ultimately than what's the point? Football without the competitive edge would be quite boring. I understand your point and think we are unable to compete with the rich clubs of the premier league but you have to start somewhere. If we were to go up and make steady progress there then who knows.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:34 am

I dislike the PL but if you can't beat them, join them. They could change the names of the teams though. Fixture list could say Absolutely Loaded v Loads Of Money, Fairly Well Off v Minted etc. All revolves around money, and for the smaller clubs like us success will be measured in how many places we can finish above the relegation zone.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Agree. PL is just so the big 6 can get richer. I still want us to go up though just for the achievement against the odds. But as a league id rather win 28 games in the championship than 10 in the PL.

Win 10 games? Alright are you !? :laughing5:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 am

Go up, spend little money, tackle the debt, come back down... Fight for promotion again :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 am

Any true fan will want to see us promoted, the whole point of playing is to achieve the best you can and that means promotion

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:21 am

No real point to football if you don't want your team to give a 100% to win every game. You do that and the likelihood is that promotion will come along at some point.

I actually think that the Prem is a slightly different place to when we were up before. Yes the top 6/7 are further away but the rest are very much within our grasp and exactly what we would be aiming for.

I know that we're not up yet but if we do go up is there any reason why we can't compete with Bournemouth, Huddersfield, The Jacks, Stoke, Southampton, Burnley, Watford, Brighton, Palace or whoever goes up with us ?

Leicester have proved that a stable club with a good manager and an "all in it together" attitude can do wonders. For us "wonders" would be staying up and with decent recruitment I really think it could happen.

The difficult bit is getting there first !!!!!