Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just Hope That We Start...........

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 am

I just hope that NW puts the belief in the team that they are good enough for auto promotion and they are good enough to win every game so that tonight they start straight from the kick off to press Derby and look for an early goal.

Quite noticeable in recent times that we just seem to be going through the motions just waiting for something to happen. It seems we have set up not to lose the game rather than going out to win the game convincingly. We only seem to switch on after we have fallen behind or when the clock is ticking down late on.

We definitely need a win tonight or at Hull or I can see us missing out to Fulham by a point or on goal difference (which is likely if we draw the next 2 games and beat Reading)

Hope that we go for the 3 points rather than being happy with a point. Winner takes all! :bluebird:

Re: Just Hope That We Start...........

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 am

I understand what your saying but I think tonight is set up for cardiff to sit and hit derby on the break , let's not forget there's more pressure on derby to win tonight than us , I think we will sit and frustrate them for long periods and hopefully convert 1 or 2 chances that come our way .

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:17 pm

I see Warnock keeping it tight again and trying to pinch a goal from a set play, it's horrible to watch and nervy, but we only need a clean sheet and one goal, so I think that's what he does when he needs a win.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Bluebina wrote:I see Warnock keeping it tight again and trying to pinch a goal from a set play, it's horrible to watch and nervy, but we only need a clean sheet and one goal, so I think that's what he does when he needs a win.

Think that you are right. Could backfire though as it did against Villa if we fall behind late on.