Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: "AT A RAIN SOAKED PRIDE PARK CARDIFF CITY TONIGHT"

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm

My View/Opinion

" AT A RAIN SOAKED PRIDE PARK CARDIFF CITY TONIGHT JUST DID NOT TURN UP " :cry: :cry:

Cardiff just were not at the game in the second-half and they allowed Derby County to take control and get the 3pts.
Derby had lost their 3 previous games.

This was def one of Cardiff's worst second-half performances.

Two terrible mistakes by Etheridge & Morrison both cost us goals.

Ex Cardiff City player Cameron Jerome scored 2 goals.

But promotion is still in Cardiff's hands :bluebird: :bluebird:

Neil Warnock made 4 changes tonight.

Sol Bamba came in Bruno Manga shifted to right-back in the absence of Lee Peltier who was on the bench.

Callum Paterson replaced the ineligible Craig Bryson, while in the front three, Jamie Ward and Gary Madine started instead of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Kenneth Zohore.

First-half Derby started stronger with Cardiff having the better of the last 25mins and going in at h/t 0-1 up :thumbright: :bluebird:
A stunning finish by Callum Paterson :bluebird: :bluebird:

DERBY COUNTY 3 CARDIFF CITY 1 :shock: :cry:
Crowd 30,294
Away Support 2,897 Cardiff fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Ralls, Paterson, J. Ward, Hoilett, Madine.

Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Grujic, Wildschut, Pilkington, Mendez-Laing, Zohore.

Derby clearly had the better of the first 20 mins.

In the 21st min though Cardiff should of had a clear penalty as Derby's Bradley Johnson handled the ball it.

28th min Joe Bennett pumped the ball into the box, it went over Madine’s head and then Callum Paterson at the back post, and the Scot volleyed it beyond Carson! 0-1 :bluebird: :bluebird: Patersons 10th goal of the season :thumbright: :bluebird:

A stunning finish by Callum Paterson :bluebird: :bluebird:

There were two penalty claims for Cardiff, and both times it was Madine who went down, one def not, but the other looked like one.

H/T 0-1 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardif were much deeper in the second half, and Keogh of all people was causing Cardiff problems.

After a somewhat nervy start to the second half by Cardiff, the Bluebirds have settled again like they did in the first-half.

Gary Madine totally missed a chance to score.

Gary Madine was replaced by Kenneth Zohore

68th min Etheridge dropped the ball, it was kicked away and ex Cardiff City player Cameron Jerome scored to make it 1-1 :cry: :cry:

Cardiff made a double sub Ward was replaced by Wildshut and Hoilett by Pilkington.

Derby looked much the better side for the last 25 mins.

Horrendous defending by Cardiff allowed Derby to strike in the 81st minute 2-1 :cry: :cry:

89th min Cameron Jerome scored again 3-1, awful defending by Morrison. :cry: :cry:

F/T 3-1 :cry: :cry:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH CALUM PATERSON'S :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

UP NEXT HULL CITY AWAY THIS SATURDAY 3PM :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: " AT A RAIN SOAKED PRIDE PARK CARDIFF CITY TONI

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:40 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: " AT A RAIN SOAKED PRIDE PARK CARDIFF CITY TONI

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

We made plenty of defensive mistakes in the first half, and got away with them.

Second half we made even more and they cost us.

That chance for Gary Madine will haunt us until Saturday at least.

Only good thing is that things are still in our hands.

Re: MY VIEW: "AT A RAIN SOAKED PRIDE PARK CARDIFF CITY TONIG

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

And don’t forget Wildshit cost us the other goal.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Played the second half like a non-league team, just invited the pressure, not surprised at the result with that second half performance, but it’s still in our hands

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Totally different team 2nd half, one of worst performances of the season.
All 3 goals were mistakes from city and Morrison accountable for 2 of them. Let's hope Saturday we are back to our usual self and get the 3 points.
Still can't believe Wilsdchutt was trying to play out in 6 yard box, you're taught to clear your lines from a very early age....awful.
We go again, regroup and cheer the boys on Saturday....

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:And don’t forget Wildshit cost us the other goal.

Send the cart horse back to Norwich they can have their £8m player I'll pay for the train fair.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Gunnars was equally to blame for the first goal as he kicked the ball away from Etheridges hands and didn’t kick it far enough. I can’t see why Etheridge didn’t let it run out but perhaps he thought the Derby player could have got it. On a wet pitch though, we need to get the ball down and play to feet, yet when KZ and Pilks came on,we continued to lump it up in the air,when both these players strength is with the fall at their feet. Madines confidence must be shot to shit after that miss,especially the way he missed it.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:50 pm

vietaff wrote:Totally different team 2nd half, one of worst performances of the season.
All 3 goals were mistakes from city and Morrison accountable for 2 of them. Let's hope Saturday we are back to our usual self and get the 3 points.
Still can't believe Wilsdchutt was trying to play out in 6 yard box, you're taught to clear your lines from a very early age....awful.

Gunnarson also done it, Etheridge had it under control for their first goal.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Wildshut is awful. What a terrible error for second goal. Awful second half :shock:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 pm

some random thoughts....
1/We should have had a penalty and Madines was a terrible terrible miss. We could have been 3 up and Derby would have been out of it.
Then we gifted them at least 2 goals.
2/ At 1-1 we brought in Pilkington and Wildschut neither of whom tackle - that didn't help.

3/I don't want to have a go at Madine as he worked quite hard winning some headers, (flick ons), but he has not shown much else. He certainly doesn't look like he'll run past defenders. Never seems run, more of a fast trot!
4/On the other hand Ward was playing well and was disciplined in running back. Wildschut must have had his worst 20 mins of his career!
5/Fingers crossed for Hull. I think Mendez Lang should come back in. Also maybe Grujic as Gunners looked a bit tired at the end.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm

nick_strin wrote:
vietaff wrote:Totally different team 2nd half, one of worst performances of the season.

But he shouldn't have stopped it going out in 1st place !yes gunners should have left it but he only kicked it because it was there when it shouldn't have been :o

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 pm

nick_strin wrote:

sorry Etheridge totally at fault Jerome was off the pitch, all he had to do was leave it and its a goal kick, 2 terrible defensive mistakes from Wildschut and Motor mouth Morrrison, who did the team talk for Rowett ..stupid boy.
We all now its gone they are shot,if you gotta start Madine ,you know your in trouble and whoever we play in play offs will get a free pass..welcome to the world of disappointment that is cardiff city... should packed it in that first day on Aug 19th 1969.
all those Jerome haters have a look what he was saying to players at the end..class act ..have him over Zahore and madine any day..

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 pm

jbgnuts wrote:
nick_strin wrote:

sorry Etheridge totally at fault Jerome was off the pitch, all he had to do was leave it and its a goal kick, 2 terrible defensive mistakes from Wildschut and Motor mouth Morrrison, who did the team talk for Rowett ..stupid boy.
We all now its gone they are shot,if you gotta start Madine ,you know your in trouble and whoever we play in play offs will get a free pass..welcome to the world of disappointment that is cardiff city... should packed it in that first day on Aug 19th 1969.
all those Jerome haters have a look what he was saying to players at the end..class act ..have him over Zahore and madine any day..

Great positive post, not. :thumbright:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Main points
Gary Madine should have finished the game with his miss-kick.

Add that to three poor defensive mistakes and we deserved to lose.

We are still second and can still get promoted saturday if fulham fail to beat a sunderland team with Zero pressure on them.
It is still in our hands and everything now is on saturdays game if we win that we will go up because reading are awful and if we fail to beat them at home we dont deserve promotion.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:03 pm

To be fair to our defence they haven't made mistakes like that all season... all three goals we're a horror show! The first one what was Etheridge doing and what was Bamba doing playing Jerome on-side, such a basic error for someone of his experience! Less said about the other 2 the better awful!

Sad part is Madine puts that tap in, in and we win 2 or 3!!

On to the next one but Derby were there for taking tonight. Hull are scoring for fun so our defence better sharpen up fast! I hope Campbell doesn't do a Jerome on us! Sad part is we could have had either of them for less than 3mil!!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 pm

:bluebird:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Talk about a game of 2 half's since grujic has been out of the team we have stopped our passing game we have battled with gunnarson etc but we just seemed to be kicking it any where and heading any where in the 2nd half it was coming straight back at us and we where putting pressure on ourselves still ours 2 games left but if we don' t have the will like that 2nd half we would struggle in the play offs let alone automatic just so frusrating as a fan that you cannot do anything about it apart from screaming your head off willing them on we just got to take it to hull if we sit back like that 2nd half its not going to happen " come on" fight for the right to be there

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Just back from the game and our failure to sign a quality striker has come back to haunt us.

Madine has cost us and if we don’t go up fingers will be pointed at him.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Only Cardiff say no more onto Hull

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Without doubt the worst ive ever seen Bamba play. Missed almost every header. Morrison was out muscled by Jerome. Wildshut should now be on his way back to Norwich.
Our football of late has been Slade-esk. I cant honestly remember when we actually strung more than 5 passes together? I couldn’t beleive how shit we were playing tonight, but were winning! City fans in good voice too.
NW then takes our best player off (Ward) and we fall apart.
Yes he got the goal last week, but since Gunnar came back, we’ve been poor and often overrun in midfield.
The rollercoaster that is CCFC rolls on...

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Criminal second half defensively.

However, we cannot dwell on it. Players need a big lift ahead of the weekend, was pleasing to see so many stay behind and applaud the team off. We go again as they say.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Just back from the game and our failure to sign a quality striker has come back to haunt us.

Madine has cost us and if we don’t go up fingers will be pointed at him.

I’ve said for months, but people on here still defend him. What possessed Warnock to sign him, we’ll never know.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Grujic and zohore need to be in the starting 11.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 am

Just got home
Some woeful individual mistakes but shit happens

Ignore Fridays result and just go to Hull on Saturday to get 3pts

In Warnock we trust

Great support tonight :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 am

Just got home and mightily pissed off! Boy were we awful?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 am

Top support tonight. Good atmosphere, I thought Madine did a good job winning flick ons, holding the ball up. Obviously a Bad miss though. Derby fans made the most of our misfortune, probably the highlight of their season.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:52 am

Highlights: Etheridge magnificent save 16 mins in
Paterson’s finish was terrific
Wildschut’s take down control was perfect

Low points: Lack of communication/awareness across
the back four - totally uncharacteristic
Starting with J. Ward - just doesn’t have
the match fitness - keep as impact sub.
Wildschut’s assist???
Missed Grujic & Damour along side
Paterson in the middle. Also NML.
Madine will not find confidence nor reward
Warnock’s faith, especially this late in
the season - start Pilks if Zohore needs
rest.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:22 am

nick_strin wrote:

Agree with this. Etheridge had the ball under control but Gunnar kicked it away - Etheridge was mad with him.

Defensive horror show.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:12 pm

I am sorry but you can't hold Etheridge accountable for the first goal, there was plenty of opportunities after him dropping the ball to clear our lines and Gunnarsson should have been smashing it into row Z not back up in the air of our own box. On top of that Morrison should been stronger in the challenge.