Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Madine.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:11 am

City Slicker wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:He’s been a dreadful since joining us, and It’s not because of the missed chances, or the fact he hasn’t scored. His all round play has been bad. He would put us under pressure, as he can’t hold the ball up. His heading is about the best thing, and that doesn’t always come off, as he ends up on his backside. The only thing I do feel sorry for him is the long ball stuff we’ve been playing, but if that’s his only job to get flick on’s he’s doing a crap job of it.

If we were playing football like Fulham we'd have no need for his services

Totally agree. He’s been brought in to hold the ball up, get the flick on, and pretty much be a battering ram. If he was doing that well, then the lack of goals from him wouldn’t be an issue. I don’t blame the result solely on him, it was bad day for most of the team, but he’s not shown anything worth, why we paid the money to sign him.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am

Am I the only person who rates Madine!? :laughing6:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 am

I don't rate him at all. Zohore is much better. But it would be such a "football'y" thing if he was to score against reading to send us up.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:17 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Am I the only person who rates Madine!? :laughing6:

I’m sure if he scores in the next two games, and we get promoted, I will be the first one on here saying what a signing, I always believed in him.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:46 pm

I think hes been cack for us, but i will be honest and if we had wingers who crossed the ball from wide into the centre of the box, he would be scoring goals. I think thats his strength is from heading high balls from wide.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Logie wrote:I think hes been cack for us, but i will be honest and if we had wingers who crossed the ball from wide into the centre of the box, he would be scoring goals. I think thats his strength is from heading high balls from wide.

Exactly - not playing to his strengths is the problem.
He isn't going to get the ball down and run passed defenders, its not his game.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:45 pm

You could see against Derby he went to the bench, telling the bench he was getting no service, aimless long balls and nothing else. Paterson stood their having a go but Madine stood his ground, we don’t give him anything, he wants crosses not an aimless load of “have it” to chase all day. We offer him nowt to work with. When we have played it to him he does hold the ball up well and plays others in as well.

I go back to our midfield having no shape so defenders aimlessly smash it anywhere it’s not helping.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 pm

Mr Potato wrote:You could see against Derby he went to the bench, telling the bench he was getting no service, aimless long balls and nothing else. Paterson stood their having a go but Madine stood his ground, we don’t give him anything, he wants crosses not an aimless load of “have it” to chase all day. We offer him nowt to work with. When we have played it to him he does hold the ball up well and plays others in as well.

I go back to our midfield having no shape so defenders aimlessly smash it anywhere it’s not helping.

Apart from that he's shit.