Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The chance for Gary Madine “

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Really hope that doesn’t come to haunt us.

Quite sure we would have seen the game out had he made it 2-0 then. Not quite sure how he didn’t.

Re: “ The chance for Gary Madine “

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:51 pm

First half he put himself about a bit but faded, he’s got zero confidence shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up.

We were shocking tonight and have been for a while, I think Hull will beat us.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Really hope that doesn’t come to haunt us.

Quite sure we would have seen the game out had he made it 2-0 then. Not quite sure how he didn’t.

Because he is shit!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Wolfpac wrote:First half he put himself about a bit but faded, he’s got zero confidence shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up.

We were shocking tonight and have been for a while, I think Hull will beat us.

If we play like that, they will.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Did well first half but awful miss

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Anybody got any I saw Ronnie Moore score badges , we may need some for madine, looks very, very ordinary for the money we paid.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Did well first half but awful miss

He is awful. How he starts games is beyond me.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Absolutely woeful Madine was tonight, he can’t even got a shot on goal wish we never wasted a penny on him.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 pm

On a positive ......the other surprise was that Ward played pretty well and it was unwise to replace him with Wildschut and Pilkington - neither of whom can tackle and defend!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 pm

He was awful and we have been robbed.

Is NW trying to justify buying him by playing him when his confidence is so low ?

Two massive games coming up, I hope he don't make the squad.

He's had a fair crack of the whip.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm sorry but madine is not bringing f all to the party missed a cert tonight which most probably would have killed the game off the penalty miss as well, i know hoilett missed as well but he does contribute to the party, oh well Hull next

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 pm

He did really well in the first half. Yes he should have scored but he wasn’t to blame for us conceding the three goals.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Dazzy wrote:He did really well in the first half. Yes he should have scored but he wasn’t to blame for us conceding the three goals.

Exactly, there were lots players making more costly mistakes than he did, especially Morrison !!!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Goalkeepers are judged on saves, defenders are judged on defending and strikers are judged on scoring! Madine not finishing that golden chance is just as bad as all the shockers at the back.

Simple he puts that away all the derby fans are on their players back and we Likely stroll through to a 2/3 victory! He missed and not only do the derby players get a kick up the back side but naturally the reverse affect happens to us as we know we've missed a golden chance (Doesn't excuse the horror show at the back)!

Unfortunately for him he's there to score goals and he doesn't look like scoring in a month of Sunday's!!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:20 pm

He's a donkey. Great in the air but his touch and finishing is dreadful and he's slow too!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm

nubbsy wrote:He's a donkey. Great in the air but his touch and finishing is dreadful and he's slow too!

At his best he's a right handful, but this move haven't worked out and his confidence looks shot, and there is not enough time for him to find it.

Zohore didn't look right though either, looks like he's injured, it's a worry with two must win games in the next eleven days.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Dazzy wrote:He did really well in the first half. Yes he should have scored but he wasn’t to blame for us conceding the three goals.

yes but him missing sitters and not scoring puts the pressure on the rest of the team. At 2 nil up before HT its a different game, we can change our shape and match subs to suit.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 pm

I am going to have people disagree with me here but I thaught he had a good game today. Yes he missed a chance but so did wildshut and zohore. Have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Had a good first half and arguably decent second half till he missed that shot, he made our goal happen and was menacing in the defence, then missed that shot and all of sudden faded :banghead: then they scored and all the boys heads dropped :(

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Logie wrote:

yes but him missing sitters and not scoring puts the pressure on the rest of the team. At 2 nil up before HT its a different game, we can change our shape and match subs to suit.

Fair one. I was surprised Zohore didn’t come on earlier. Madine had done his job at half time and it seemed the right time to switch to counter them

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 pm

My thought is we should have taken him off at that point and brought zohore on. :thumbup:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 pm

BarmyArmy123 wrote:I am going to have people disagree with me here but I thaught he had a good game today. Yes he missed a chance but so did wildshut and zohore. Have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. :bluescarf:

6 million pounds worth of horse crap.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 pm

said at the time another Gavin Gordan but this boy is worse Warnocks only mistake ?

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Bolton we want our 6 million back please, i would even send him back for free. Hes costing us automatics here, he simply and utterly useless, :banghead:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Says a lot when the supporters start singing If Gary scores we’re on the pitch. Going to take a miracle to save him.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 pm

I imagine Lewis Grabban would of put that one away .

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:I imagine Lewis Grabban would of put that one away .

To think we were favourites to sign him for weeks. But Warnock let Villa sneak in and grab him. :banghead: :banghead:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Why are people saying it's £6m

£2m up front plus add ons, mainly to do with promotion.

So if we don't go up we don't pay it

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 pm

darts wrote:said at the time another Gavin Gordan but this boy is worse Warnocks only mistake ?

Bogle? Tomlin? Wildschut? Ward? Feeney?

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Dahboy wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:I am going to have people disagree with me here but I thaught he had a good game today. Yes he missed a chance but so did wildshut and zohore. Have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. :bluescarf:

6 million pounds worth of horse crap.

So zohore is £20 millions worth then? :banghead: