Why I believe we will still get auto promotion

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluebirdredbird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 am

I know it was a bad result against derby but until they equalized I thought we were comfortable. I'm not to confident of 6 points from our last two games. However I think 4 points could be enough Fulham will drop points as well. There is no guarantees in football of anything. They are not guaranteed to beat Sunderland who have already beat fulham this season and they dont have the best of records against them. Also Birmingham will be tough as will our two last games. I know the result was hard to take last night but I don't understand all the doom and gloom on this forum. If we win on Saturday and Fulham was to lose on Friday then we will be promoted. However the play offs wouldn't be a disaster exactly would it pressure will be on Fulham on Friday so let's see what happens. Up the city in Warnock I trust don't know about you lot.
bluebirdredbird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Why I believe we will still get auto promotion

Postby City Slicker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am

The reality is if we don't win the next 2 games in whatever which way we do it then it's the playoffs.
City Slicker

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:58 am

City Slicker wrote:The reality is if we don't win the next 2 games in whatever which way we do it then it's the playoffs.

I think we can be cagey enough, to win the playoffs.
buckleys brewery

Postby epping blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:06 am

buckleys brewery wrote:
City Slicker wrote:The reality is if we don't win the next 2 games in whatever which way we do it then it's the playoffs.

I think we can be cagey enough, to win the playoffs.

I think if we end up in the play offs we'll probably end up playing Derby in the semis. Even though a draw last night seemed irrelevant, from the point of view of the play offs we could have done without them a huge confidence boost.
epping blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:23 am

I still think Fulham will drop points as well.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I still think Fulham will drop points as well.

Me too
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Come Saturday everyone will be thinking.

One home game left, happy days.
bluebird7291

Postby Pulisnewport » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:08 pm

I still think we will get Automatic, 3 poor mistakes last night gave Derby impetus however the first half was good from us.

Hull won't be easy and Reading neither. Fulham have 2 hard matches, Sunderland players have the shackles off and will want to impress other clubs.

Madine needs a goal to get his confidence back would like to see him with Ken up front in a 442 Saturday but hey ho. 3 pts needed
Pulisnewport

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Sunderland are a basket case. I doubt they’ll even have a shot on target. Fulham will hammer them.
Carpe Diem

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:23 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Sunderland are a basket case. I doubt they’ll even have a shot on target. Fulham will hammer them.

Yes football is such a easy thing to 100% guess correctly and like I predicted some years ago Leicester will never win the premier league :lol:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby goats » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:39 am

Well it will take a major change in our usual fortune for us to either get 2nd or win the playoffs. It will be classed as a modern miracle if Fulham don’t beat Sunderland. That will put us under pressure, and let’s face it, like Tuesday, or v wolves, villa, sheff Utd, even forest, we don’t play well. I’d only start to believe if Sunderland get something.
Also, Birmingham will be safe by the time they play Fulham, with a jack manager they will roll over, also to make sure villa have no chance of promotion. Forget it :old:
goats

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am

We are better at chasing down than being hunted. We totally froze in the second half when the enormity hit us including Mr Warnock.
We will wake up Saturday third, knowing a win is essential. No scenarios of two chances, all or nothing, it when this team is best, back to walls fighting.

Relegation will be sorted this weekend and i am sure neither Brum nor Reading will have anything to worry about on the last Sunday. Losing your last home game of the season is a bugger for the obligatory lap of honour or fan appreciation, so Fulham will have a tougher last day than we should have.

Keep the faith bluebirds :ayatollah:
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat