Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: NO WILDSCHUT - MADINE - GUNNARSSON : Those 3 sh

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:00 pm

theclaw wrote:Something must have happened with Grujic,was part of a great winning run and that clause in his contract.Very strange.
Agree on your post.
Huge dent last night but not only are we still in it the bloody Autos are still in are own hands.
:ayatollah: :bluescarf:
BELIEVE :bluebird: :occasion5:

Your not alone in thinking something has happened regarding Grujic,,,, at the start of his loan spell im sure we were told that he had to start a certain amount of games, we certainly dont function without him. Could his club be instrumental as to why this is?

As for Wildschut, not impressed whatsoever. Gary Madine,,, hasnt even made an impact, although I am sure he will be give more than a chance to prove himself here.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Fair enough about Pilks lack of pace but I’d still give him a chance to play off KZ. Sometimes, he must wonder what he’s got to do to get a start under NW.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Agreed. Too little, too late even if we did a 180 on selection. Grujic was match fit before being usurped by Gunnar’s, we can’t expect him to come back and rekindle the form he had. Shame because I’ve said it before, Gunnar’s and Bryson in the middle lack height - we never win a crucial flick on in the middle of the park!?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Agree on the Wildschut point...

Clueless on Madine and Gunnarsson. Our goal came because of Madine, but people won't notice that and will only remember his miss (as if Zohore would score it 'a la Leeds style' :lol: :lol: ) Madine bullied their defence all night and at least got into a goal scoring position, as well as forcing two defenders to mark him and allowing Paterson to be free at the back post.

Gunnarsson's performances have improved drastically when he doesn't have Grujic sat in his pocket!

Warnock's error came in picking Paterson out wide (proven against Wolves he's ineffective out there) and not making changes again when we were letting the game slip out of our control early in the 2nd half.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Madine hasn't had a decent run of games but when he has been introduced held the ball up very well but a striker with no goals ain't good.

Gunna been a great player for us and for me uswd to much to soon came back from injury and been chucked into the thick of it.with rolls out injured and bryson out its been difficult for gunna.to many games to soon back legs have gone.

Wilchut school boy error to turn into trouble like he did dont even do that on park football he new what he'd done idiot.
First few games looked good full of running but has faded but cant expect him to be good when he hasnt been playing regularly but overall poor and a real horror show last night.

Going back to Sheffield united i think we been second best to every team since including Forrest.

Hope they sort it for hull and reading.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm

I thought Madine in the first half did well. Won nearly all of his headers, but no bugger was close enough to him to benefit from them. The only nagging thing about him is his lack of pace.

I’d be tempted to play

..........................Etheridge........................
...Richards......Morrison .....Bamba......Bennett...
.................Ralls......Grujic......Bryson............
...........................Patterson.........................
....................Hoilett......Zohore.....................

Subs. Murphy, Manga, Gunnar, Damour, NML, Ward, Madine

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Morrison Bamba

Pelts Grujic Bennet

NML Patt Junior H

Pilks

Sahore