Lee Tomlins Future /Tomlin has now scored 4 goals for Forest

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka has admitted that he does not know where on loan Cardiff City striker Lee Tomlin will be playing his football next season.

Football 72

Wednesday 25th April 2018

The 29-year-old Leicester born frontman joined The Reds in January on a loan deal until the end of the season and the player was in top form as he netted in his side’s 3-0 win over Barnsley at The City Ground on Tuesday evening.

Tomlin has now scored four goals for Forest but manager Karanka has admitted that he is in the dark with regard to what the future holds for the player.

“I don’t know” Karanka said on the subject of the player’s future when speaking to The72 in the post-match press conference following the victory over Barnsley.

“He is a Cardiff City player and they don’t yet know what division they will be playing in.

“We will have to wait until the end of the season to see what will happen.”

Tomlin has struggled to find a permanent home since leaving Karanka’s former club Middlesbrough in summer 2015. The player struggled to make any impact in the English Premier League with AFC Bournemouth before netting less than a goal every four games for Bristol City. The striker then went on to net just once in 16 outings for parent club Cardiff City prior to his loan move to The City Ground.

The player was very much the star of the show for Forest against Barnsley but the club will face a nervous wait to determine whether Tomlin will join them on a permanent basis in the summer.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lee Tomlins Future /Tomlin has now scored 4goals for For

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

His goal yesterday was absolute quality
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby vietaff » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:37 pm

If we do not go up Automatically for me Tomlin has to play the play off games, now match fit he will be like a new player, on his day he's a class act. We've seen glimpses of it and he will be pivitol for us and I can see him taking us up.

Saying that I hope he doesn't have to play any more games this season for city as that means we've gone up Automatically
vietaff

Postby Woody CCFC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:43 pm

How come he's fit enough to play for Forest,but not for us?
Woody CCFC

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:How come he's fit enough to play for Forest,but not for us?

He was but warnock couldn't find a place for him.
2blue2handle

Re: Lee Tomlins Future /Tomlin has now scored 4 goals for Fo

Postby Bonner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Just wondering, where does he have to carry out his community service ?
Bonner

Postby Bonner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Just wondering, where does he have to carry out his community service ?
Bonner

Postby psw78 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:12 pm

I’ve been saying for a few weeks now that we are crying out for someone of his quality - someone who can be creative from the middle and have some thought on the ball, rather than just aimless hoofball.

People said it’s because of his fitness - but instead we’ve played the likes of Gunners and Ralls who have been trying to REGAIN their fitness in the midst of a promotion run in...so equally unfit, but given the game time to get themselves back.

He could have been a game changer for us and is proving his worth at Forest.
psw78

Return to General Chat