Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How do you compare Malky's team to this bunch!!

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Neither team wad pleasing on the eye.

Re: How do you compare Malky's team to this bunch!!

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 pm

I think we played better football for half the season and probably about the same most of the second half but we have dropped off a bit of late. Big difference though is we were the wolves of the league that season having spent a lot more than the rest of the division. Can't take anything away from Malky in that regard as many have spent and failed but we were expected to go up. This year we weren't and are defying the odds.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 pm

I still say that the year we went up with Malky was one of the poorest Championship seasons in terms of quality in recent years.

I prefer this team. And believe this team would beat Malky’s team.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Boring 1-1 and a shit game

Malkys team had more class in Bellers and Whitts, but Warnocks defence is so much more superior.

Malkys team of 5 midfielders would crowd out warnocks 3 and they would be chasing shadows

Frazier Campbell wouldn't have got a touch but Kenny, Holiett and NML may have latched onto a long ball and murdered Kev, Turner,Hudson and Tylor.

Malkys team would have been caught on the counter and Wanocks team concede from a set play.

I would support Warnock, cos we are playing in b...

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:50 am

Malkys team would of beaten this team 7 out of 10 times in my mind.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:13 am

Malays team was good to watch til November, then went flat, if it hadn't been that those behind were not so great we would not of got promoted.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Neither will be remembered for outstanding football ability but both were battlers. Malky's team had quality in Kimbo and Mutch, Warnock's has Hoilett. However, for the first two months of the season Warnock's team looked light years better than Malky's but since then the creative football has dried up. When NML is on fire with Hoilett this team looks entirely different but sadly that hasn't happened too often lately. Malky's team at the end had a better striker than Warnock's but Warnock has a better defence (despite Tuesday's debacle). Midfield about equal in both teams i.e. a lot of room for improvement.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Wouldn't like to say who's the better of the two. The difference is in the competition. Wolves, Fulham, Villa and Boro are a country mile better than anything in the division that year. Wolves and Fulham would have well over a100 points.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Warnocks team would wipe the floor with Malkys team :thumbright: