Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT NEIL WARNOCK HAS TO SAY:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 am

Everything Neil Warnock said after Cardiff City's defeat to Derby

Here's what Neil Warnock had to say about Cardiff City's 3-1 defeat to Derby County.

How do you explain Cardiff letting that one go?

NEIL WARNOCK:
It's unlike us. I thought it was a game we should have won. We should've made it 2-0 or 3-0 in the first half. It was the most blatant handball from (Bradley) Johnson. The referee was looking at it, I haven't got a clue what he was thinking. He actually moved his elbow across to the ball.

He gave pushes like the one on (Anthony) Pilkington all over the pitch. I'm disappointed in the crucial decisions but that doesn't compensate for the disappointment of letting in three Sunday league goals which isn't like us really.

Morrison looked like he got out muscled for a couple of the goals

It was just one of them games.

I thought we should've put it to bed and they've got players who can punish you. When you make elementary errors like we did for all three goals, the first goal Neil (Etheridge) could've let it go out for a goal kick and (Aron) Gunnarsson sliced it.

There's that many mistakes in one goal, the second one is just a forward doing the wrong thing.

What did you say to them after the game?

NEIL WARNOCK:
They're all flat. They're not going to be ecstatic. I just said, I think most teams including Derby would love to have 86 points and know they can get promotion with two wins.

We had one or two knocks tonight, but you have to play with knocks at this time of the year. There's only a few games left and hopefully everybody will be alright for the weekend and we can go again.

Are you happy to move on from this fixture?

NEIL WARNOCK:
It's disappointing but it's one of those things isn't it. I can't blame the weather for the goals we conceded! It's just one of those things. It's nice Derby were able to get a full team out.

So I'm pleased for Gary (Rowett) in that respect. And you never know, we might be back here yet.

Do you expect it to go down to the wire?

NEIL WARNOCK:
I think every club apart from Wolves would love to be in our situation on 86 points with a group of lads who are genuine. We're limited at times, but it shows how far we've come, to be where we are.

Some of these big clubs below us, why aren't they where we are?

Will you watch Fulham on Friday?

NEIL WARNOCK:
No. I watched the Brentford game. They should've had a penalty, they should have scored a good goal.

I might watch something like the Queen. I've recorded it on Netlflix. So I might watch two or three of them. So I don't think there'll be anything in that respect. Birmingham won't be easy. You just don't know in this league do you. Anybody can beat anyone else. Burton battered Derby didn't they. That's why I love the league really because you don't know what's around the corner.

Can you see Sunderland, with the pressure off, going to Fulham and winning?

NEIL WARNOCK:
Not really no. I'd like to think there was hope. I think Chris (Coleman) will be glad when the season ends. You don't really want to be going to Fulham when you've already been relegated.

They've got some young kids at Sunderland who might get a run out, but it's not about goal difference. In a way, I know it sounds silly, but we know what we've got to do. There's no two ways about it. We've got to win two games.

If you said to me on July 5th when we started training that if you win your last two games you'll get promoted, I'd have snapped your hand off.

So all credit to them, they've been brilliant. I won't dwell on the mistakes tonight, we'll dust ourselves off and go again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHAT NEIL WARNOCK HAS TO SAY:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:05 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 am

Warnock is right in one respect; at this stage of the season and with so much riding on the next game he's got to lift his players rather than berate them. Those who made mistakes or who played badly know all that themselves. Now he's got to lift them and make sure that, by hook or by crook, they haul themselves over the line.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:23 am

Just hope he keeps quiet. His abuse of Derby really backfired. His comments made Derby extra determined to beat Cardiff.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 am

City Slicker wrote:Warnock is right in one respect; at this stage of the season and with so much riding on the next game he's got to lift his players rather than berate them. Those who made mistakes or who played badly know all that themselves. Now he's got to lift them and make sure that, by hook or by crook, they haul themselves over the line.

I agree mate.
I'm going to be in the minority here but after the awful mistake by Wildschutt he dropped to his knees and looked absolutely gutted that he'd let the team down.
I also noticed that whenever we score and he's on the bench, he's the first up to run up and celebrate / congratulate the scorer.
It's not an excuse for poor play but I kind of felt sorry for him; certainly he doesn't deserve some of the ridiculous abuse some have given on here but I'm someone who tends to get behind players / management whatever the situation.
PS. I think we'll win at Hull and it would please me greatly for Madine to score the winner after coming on from the bench

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:39 am

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Just hope he keeps quiet. His abuse of Derby really backfired. His comments made Derby extra determined to beat Cardiff.

Nothing to do with Derby were desperate to get into the play offs then?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:43 am

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Just hope he keeps quiet. His abuse of Derby really backfired. His comments made Derby extra determined to beat Cardiff.

Know what you’re saying, but trust me, they did cheat.