Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PROMOTION NOW - OTHERWISE UNCERTAINTY !? : I genuinely

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 am

MY VIEW: PROMOTION NOW - OTHERWISE UNCERTAINTY !? :

I genuinely believe that we absolutely need promotion this season - otherwise I am afraid that "OUR CLUB MAY PASS THROUGH A PERIOD OF CHANGES AND UNCERTAINTY."

The reason I say this is because irrespective of what you think of Mr Tan or I think - the fact remains that he has sunk so much money in our Club that it is unreasonable to expect him to keep pumping money in the Club and throwing good money after bad. While some would expect to see him having another serious go next season by spending and losing more money - but frankly I am not expecting it.

Mr Tan's latest throw of the dice was to give some money to Warnock in the January transfer window. Grujic apart - most supporters would agree that it was a poor and uninspired transfer window (I include both the ins and outs).

We are having a magical outstanding season thanks to Warnock and I know that we are punching way above our weight compared to other clubs.

However , should we miss out on promotion - we should expect a significant turnover affecting key players. New ones will come in - possibly on the cheap and on lower wages.

I also suspect that there may be other very significant changes- but this is a topic for another day.

Having said all that - with 2 games to go- I still expect us to get promoted and all this article is doing is flagging a discussion on why promotion is so critical for us.

So come on boys - come on Warnock -

JUST DO IT ! :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: PROMOTION NOW - OTHERWISE UNCERTAINTY !? : I genuinely

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:29 am

I feel if we could turn the clock back to January we would have a very different transfer window.

Goings and comings.

We have 2 games to get the team right and start passing the ball to each other as we simply have to go up this season for all the reasons Annis is pointing out.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 am

It is amazing to be in this position considering where the club was 18 months ago when NW took over.

On and off the pitch we are much more together and a better club due to his appointment.

In terms of the remaining 2 games, of course we can do it, but I am not as confident as others. In terms of position and points I would much rather be us than Fulham, but in terms of confidence, form and ability, I think Fulham may nip it from us.

In my humble opinion the Madine signing looks likely to be a poor poor decision. I think we should have gone for a classy midfield player and a game changer. We would have been fine with Zohore or Pilkington up front and we should have kept Bogle, but that lack of class in midfield is probably the reason we are struggling for form right now.

However, I'm happy to eat my words if Madine scores the winner in the next two games, but I don't think anyone can see that coming so would be a very pleasant surprise for us all!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:24 am

Its all hindsight but knowing what we know now a extra push for Grabban in January may have made the difference.

Even going for Jerome would have seen us potentially beat Derby. :lol:

It is just becoming more and more obvious how important strengthening from a position of power is in January.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:41 am

Wayne S wrote:Its all hindsight but knowing what we know now a extra push for Grabban in January may have made the difference.

It is just becoming more and more obvious how important strengthening from a position of power is in January.

I think it was clear that Grabban really wasn't interested in coming to us and was waiting as long as he could for a different offer to come in. As soon as Villa were interested he went straight away whereas he was linked with us for virtually the whole transfer window.

Jerome on the other hand was somebody who might have considered coming back I think and seeing the way he absolutely tore Morrison apart on Tuesday I think he would have been a very good option, certainly way better than Gary Madine.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am

Promotion next seasons average 28000
The championship 16000
Really is now or never .with all the ticket offers being near top of table just not drawing the crowds.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:47 am

At the beginning of the season i would have taken play offs with both hands perhaps we've been getting a little carried away with ourselves, but whatever the outcome of our next 2 games it's been a fantastic season, I'm just wondering if the plastics bought there season tickets thinking we was going up automatically if they did, well football is a funny old game lol

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:56 am

Brightspark wrote:At the beginning of the season i would have taken play offs with both hands perhaps we've been getting a little carried away with ourselves, but whatever the outcome of our next 2 games it's been a fantastic season, I'm just wondering if the plastics bought there season tickets thinking we was going up automatically if they did, well football is a funny old game lol

With all due respect its not the beginning of the season its the end and we are in second place with 2 games to go expectations and hopes have changed

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:02 am

davids wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Its all hindsight but knowing what we know now a extra push for Grabban in January may have made the difference.

I think it was clear that Grabban really wasn't interested in coming to us and was waiting as long as he could for a different offer to come in. As soon as Villa were interested he went straight away whereas he was linked with us for virtually the whole transfer window.

Jerome on the other hand was somebody who might have considered coming back I think and seeing the way he absolutely tore Morrison apart on Tuesday I think he would have been a very good option, certainly way better than Gary Madine.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Jerome very effective at this level. AND we could have spent the remainder of the money on a quality midfield player.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:18 am

Danger is we miss out this season and then struggle like Reading have since their play off defeat.
Don't let that happen,win two more.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 am

I dont think we would turn into a Reading, we will just be another team lingering around 8-11th each season which is annoying as fk. I dont think the funds will be available for NW to get in quality players.

Maybe we could build apon this season and turn into a Hudd/Brighton. Just hard working team grinding out results, but we need a striker who can get atleast 12+ a season.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 am

Logie wrote:I dont think we would turn into a Reading, we will just be another team lingering around 8-11th each season which is annoying as fk. I dont think the funds will be available for NW to get in quality players.

Maybe we could build apon this season and turn into a Hudd/Brighton. Just hard working team grinding out results, but we need a striker who can get atleast 12+ a season.

Zohore would've gone passed 12 had he been fit all season...

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:05 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Logie wrote:I dont think we would turn into a Reading, we will just be another team lingering around 8-11th each season which is annoying as fk. I dont think the funds will be available for NW to get in quality players.

Paterson would have scored 20 if he'd been fit all season!

Maybe Warnock should play him up front - at least he can head the ball unlike Ken and at least he provides a goal threat, unlike Madine.

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 am

The problem with playing madine up front on his own is that he's isolated. Hed probably much better as part of a front 2. Tomlin off him would probably have been better.

If we don't go up it's not the end of the world, but it would be so gutting given that we were once in such a strong position. I don't see us doing a reading and flirting with relegation however. Not with Neil in charge.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:20 am

Cardiff are not as good as Wolves, Fulham or Villa fact. If we get promoted it will be down to a great effort by the team and a bit of luck going our way. Dont be to disappointed if we don't get promoted as I think the team has done exceptional to be where we are atm. Bonus if we do. :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 am

Ye clubs who have given their fans a combined total of nearly 200 seasons in the top flight.when do we get a bite of the cherry?.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 am

Let’s not even consider this, there is still a minimum of 2 games to go and anything can happen yet. As with most club we will need a few changes but we have Warnock who knows this league. We may lose a Zohore or a Ralls but I would think that most the squad would stay together and we would add a few freebies.

Its certainly not now or never, we all thought that after Ole left and the major cut backs began that any chance of promotion was gone for the foreseeable future. Id imagine if we didn’t go up we would make some cut backs again to fringe players but id have faith in Warnock to fill in the gaps and give it a go again next season.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Brightspark wrote:At the beginning of the season i would have taken play offs with both hands perhaps we've been getting a little carried away with ourselves, but whatever the outcome of our next 2 games it's been a fantastic season, I'm just wondering if the plastics bought there season tickets thinking we was going up automatically if they did, well football is a funny old game lol

Go on wheel the 'plastics' crap out again, why do some think they are super fans compared to others. Not meaning to offend but this plastics really winds me up

As for buying JC well that's the mistake we always seem to make!! if someone has a good game against us we have to buy them like Madine. I said to the better half after we played Bolton last " we'll try to buy him, you watch"

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Jules wrote:

Go on wheel the 'plastics' crap out again, why do some think they are super fans compared to others. Not meaning to offend but this plastics really winds me up

As for buying JC well that's the mistake we always seem to make!! if someone has a good game against us we have to buy them like Madine. I said to the better half after we played Bolton last " we'll try to buy him, you watch"

Yeah I find it odd to be honest, personally id rather as many fans as possible came and enjoyed themselves but some feel the need to be seen to be a super fan, I don't get it.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Who's JC?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:06 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

But he hasnt, he is also guilty of some misses too. Easy to say he should of scored 12+ but at the end of the day he hasnt.

I still think we have a good chance to win last 2 games. Hull cant keep scoring at will, our strikers have to score at some point, i think we have a good chance of putting 3+ past Hull. NO FKING way can those errors happen again like Derby. I mean normaly there are spread out, not to have all 3 in 1 half of a game lol

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm

keanoswinklepickers wrote:Who's JC?

opps. CJ. was watching politics news and typing. bloody multitasking :oops:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 pm

The Premier League doesn’t excite me. I didn’t enjoy it the last time, not just because we were in red. But always want Cardiff City to progress as much as possible, and the Premier League is the next step.

I have enjoyed this season more than I’ll probably enjoy next season, if we go up.

But the biggest thing is the Premier League’s money is ridiculous. It would be massive to a club with debts like we have.

This is our chance to go up. I can see outgoings if we don’t make. The likes of Etheridge, Paterson, Ralls etc will have interest in them.

I don’t think it will be a financial distaster if we don’t go up. But the reality is that it will be priceless to our finances if we win these last two games.

Tan wants to sell the club, he’s said that and we all know that. He will want a lot of his money back and that will only happen if he sells us as a Premier League club.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:25 pm

Maybe you would have enjoyed if we had done a Bournemouth and finished 9th like they did last season or Burnley who could qualify for Europe this season.agreed Cardiff reds season was a complete embarrassment a measly 30 points and totally unable to compete.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm

davids wrote:

Morrison had Jerome in his pocket first half. But for whatever reason, the tables certainly turned after the break.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:10 pm

People can try to stir up despair...I do wonder about the motivation of some fans. We’re in a really strong position. We’ve got a committed owner and manager. It’s a strong partnership and, despite FFP, we’ll be in good hands IF we have to go again in the championship next season. The January window is very very hard to do good business in. NW showed how shrewd he can be in picking up talented bargains in the summer window.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:01 pm

VT saw the potential of this club when sat near Stevie G raising the league cup which we should have won and in front of a global audience watching primarily because of the scousers & after a seed budget for MM.

Whilst I'm concerned as to the manner of his possible exit if promotion doesn't happen, I'm also mindful that he owns other clubs and now his ducks are lined up with us, even if we didn't go up I think he'd be prudent with planning for another go with NW.

If I'm honest, I'd be happy with VT, NW, KC, MD and SB & co forever. Whatever division we find ourselves in.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 pm

' UPDATED CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE / AFTER TONIGHT '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=195761