“ Congratulations from Villa Fan “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby AV3 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Well done boys - You absolutely deserve 2nd place for the consistency that you have shown throughout the season.

Your 5 game winning start saw you out of the blocks and in pole position and you maintained a consistency throughout, other than that 4 game blip over xmas.

I felt your recent 8 game winning run was the clincher and you were able to fight off an amazing run from Fulham to keep hold of second spot, despite not being at your best.

In the end your nerves held and you were able to bounce back from the defeats to Wolves and ourselves to push yourselves over the line.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I know from experience, the next one could be some time in coming round.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Congratulations

Postby City Slicker » Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 pm

AV3 wrote:Well done boys - You absolutely deserve 2nd place for the consistency that you have shown throughout the season.

Your 5 game winning start saw you out of the blocks and in pole position and you maintained a consistency throughout, other than that 4 game blip over xmas.

I felt your recent 8 game winning run was the clincher and you were able to fight off an amazing run from Fulham to keep hold of second spot, despite not being at your best.

In the end your nerves held and you were able to bounce back from the defeats to Wolves and ourselves to push yourselves over the line.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I know from experience, the next one could be some time in coming round.

Thanks mate, respect!
City Slicker

Postby MOZZER1 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:30 pm

cheers AV3 :occasion5:
MOZZER1

Postby eddiep » Sun May 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Top Man AV3

Good luck.
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby englishbluebird » Sun May 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Good luck in the play offs
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby streamfeeder » Sun May 06, 2018 6:38 pm

good of you to come on here cos you have had some stick off a few, cheers and good luck in the play offs, we all know villa are too big for the championship, middlesboro will be the hardest team in my opinion, derby are hit and miss and fulham have never one a play off game in their history
streamfeeder

Postby AV3 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:36 pm

streamfeeder wrote:good of you to come on here cos you have had some stick off a few, cheers and good luck in the play offs, we all know villa are too big for the championship, middlesboro will be the hardest team in my opinion, derby are hit and miss and fulham have never one a play off game in their history

The stick doesn't bother me mate - It was mainly from numptys who you would ignore in real life. If we didn't make 2nd, I'm pleased that it was you, even if I'd rather have avoided Fulham in the play offs.

Villa - Boro is too close to call, as would be a final between any two of the four.

I'm not overly bothered at the moment as I've enjoyed the past 2 seasons in the championship. I like Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday and like the fact that anyone can beat anyone on the day. Needless to say my feelings will change as the play off games approach. I'm actually in Spain next weekend so will have to settle for a bar somewhere for the 1st leg.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun May 06, 2018 8:18 pm

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Good luck in the play offs. Seen a few villa games on the Holte End and used to drink in the Adventurers pub before a game
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks chap you have been a good poster.

As mentioned above you took some stick,specially the "Mind the Gap" period. That was sung more out of relief than anything. Good luck in the playoffs I don't envy you.
Bakedalasker

Re: “ Congratulations from Villa Fan “

Postby cwmbachbluebird » Sun May 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Good luck AV a proper club :ayatollah:
Eddie Mays Barmy Army
R.I.P Speedo...Wales forever.
cwmbachbluebird

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun May 06, 2018 9:21 pm

AV3 wrote:Well done boys - You absolutely deserve 2nd place for the consistency that you have shown throughout the season.

Always great to hear honest and descent response from fellow supporters.

Hope you do well in the play offs
Pulisnewport

Postby Steve the Tea TM (c) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank you, AV3. It is indeed a rare thing these days for a person to be gracious when disappointed.

This season City did it against all the odds. Financially (cost of squad and wages) we should have finished about 15th. On top of that there have been some awful decisions from officials but we had energy, guts and an indomitable spirit to keep coming back.

I'd be surprised if the P/O Final was not Villa v Fulham, so then, once more it would be in your own hands. In these days of bland stadia, Villa Park has always struck me as a proper football ground that deserves to be in the top flight.

Best wishes for the Play-off.

StT.
<><
Steve the Tea TM (c)

Postby Ray Bishop » Sun May 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Cheers AV3. Much appreciated!
Good luck in the play offs, but if you don’t make it this season, it’s only a matter of time when you do make it back to the Prem. There ain’t many bigger clubs than Villa!
Ray Bishop

Postby jtc » Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Many Congratulations lads. :occasion5:
jtc

Postby billy ronson » Mon May 07, 2018 12:48 am

Cheers AV3 .

The 4 teams in the playoffs look the toughest it has been , glad we managed to get automatic !
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby Lawnmower » Mon May 07, 2018 6:05 am

Thank you, but I'm sure you'd forgive us for being grateful to your rivals for a while

If Gary Monk ever wants a beer in Cardiff he just has to give me a call !

Good luck in the play offs.

I actually have a soft spot for Boro- but after their cheating I definitely want Derby to fail and as for Fulham - well they've spent the last 6 weeks telling us how much more deserving of promotion they are so bollox to them too.

Would be happy to see you join us.
Lawnmower

Postby Escott1927 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:15 am

Hope you go up in the play offs mate. Good away day up there
Escott1927

Postby goats » Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 am

billy ronson wrote:Cheers AV3 .

The 4 teams in the playoffs look the toughest it has been , glad we managed to get automatic !

Too right, at least villa haven’t suffered the psychological scars of the play offs, Fulham and derby have. The winner will come from villa v boro I reckon. Good luck :thumbup:
goats

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Mon May 07, 2018 8:37 am

Nice one AV3. Good luck in the playoffs. :occasion5:
KavanaghsGreyHair

Postby stephendavid » Mon May 07, 2018 8:45 am

Really hope the boro go up keep eating that humble pie AV4 bluebirds
stephendavid

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Mon May 07, 2018 8:45 am

Cheers AV3. Good luck in play offs.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby CHRIS PIKE » Mon May 07, 2018 11:07 am

Cheers and good luck in the plays offs AV. Can't help thinking the wise old Pullis will get Borough back up though.
CHRIS PIKE

Postby BEEP AHM » Mon May 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Hope Boro smash villa on and off the field.
BEEP AHM

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Cheers Villa :thumbright: Hope you join us in the Prem where you belong as well :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Mon May 07, 2018 6:26 pm

stephendavid wrote:Really hope the boro go up keep eating that humble pie AV4 bluebirds

:lol:
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really

Postby pengamblue » Mon May 07, 2018 6:44 pm

thanks for your good wishes AV3, all the best in the play offs ,I,m only glad we made automatic :thumbup:
pengamblue

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Cheers from for that, I agree we deserved it, we’ve had some tough treatment from the referees and no support from the media, but we battled through regardless.

I feel Fulham really deserve to win the playoffs, but that Pulis will probably win them with Boro, but time will tell. Enjoy them anyway, i’m So glad we’re not in them :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby AV3 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:Cheers from for that, I agree we deserved it, we’ve had some tough treatment from the referees and no support from the media, but we battled through regardless.

I feel Fulham really deserve to win the playoffs, but that Pulis will probably win them with Boro, but time will tell. Enjoy them anyway, i’m So glad we’re not in them :laughing6:

I agree entirely. Fulham are 13 points ahead of Derby yet they both have the same chance in a 2 legged play off semi final.

I'm old school and I grew up with 2 up, 2 down. This play of nonsense makes a mockery of a 46 game league season. I'd be fuming in Fulham's position but I'm grateful in our position
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby AV3 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Hope Boro smash villa on and off the field.

Well it would be something Cardiff weren't able to do I guess.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Next

Return to General Chat