Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Back On Sale Season Tickets / price increase

Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 pm

" UPDATED " :bluebird: 09/05/18

Sales now past 20,000 on Season Tickets :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Plus 3,000 match day tickets & 3,300 for away fans :thumbright:

Before we got promoted corner between canton and ninian was £399. Now up to £469 which is still good for premiership football.

Red seats also available for similar pricing although some are £509.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbright: :thumbright: SO FAR OVER 19,000 SEASON TICKETS SOLD FOR NEXT SEASON :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Season 2018/19
WE ARE ONE. WE ARE BLUEBIRDS…. 2018/19 SEASON TICKETS ON SALE NOW! :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

TICKETING INFORMATION & FEES
CARDIFF CITY MATCH TICKET BOOKING FEES
Please note that all Cardiff City tickets are subject to a £1 per ticket booking charge and a £1 per transaction fee.

CARDIFF CITY SEASON TICKET FEES 2018/19
For the 2018/19 Season, all Season Ticket Holders will be receiving a new season ticket access card – please select "Season Ticket Admin Charge", unless you are purchasing via V12 finance as the admin charge will be included in your finance arrangement fee.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cardiffcity/EDP/Season/Index/2762?returnUrl=%2Fcardiffcity%2FSeasons%2FSeasons
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Season Ticket price increase....

Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Will we see similar price rises across the board next season?(Should we stay up)

Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Well happy with that. Paid £299 for my ticket in the Canton back in March.

Price increase means money for the club, and stings the pockets of the people that had no interest in championship football. Fine with me :bluescarf:

Tue May 08, 2018 1:29 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Well happy with that. Paid £299 for my ticket in the Canton back in March.

Price increase means money for the club, and stings the pockets of the people that had no interest in championship football. Fine with me :bluescarf:

Not sure if I could stomach an increase across the board next season though :x "just because we're in the "prem"

Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:Well happy with that. Paid £299 for my ticket in the Canton back in March.

Not sure if I could stomach an increase across the board next season though :x "just because we're in the "prem"

season tickets have barely moved in the last 10 years in fairness.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Or looking at it another way, a season ticket in the Red Seats now works out at £27 a game and in the Canton corners £25 a game, so walk up is going to be through the roof based on this season.

This season a season ticket in the Ninian stand worked out at £14 a game but walk up was anywhere between £23-27 depending on who we were playing this season. If walk up tickets have that increase you will be looking at somewhere between £35-40 for walk up.

Now lets be honest, I don't think many people are expecting us to take the league by storm so if we are struggling at those prices do you honestly see people paying those prices to see us play the likes of anyone other than the top 6 and maybe Everton?

I would have left the prices as they were if I was the Club, shifted all the season tickets they are allowed to put on sale and then any walk up they would have had the opportunity to put on sale at a price dependent on how we are doing and who we are playing.

I think they have made a mistake to be honest with you, a short sighed one, I have no idea why they think the Red Seats are worth £509 either, when I sat up there I though it was dreadful, to detached from everything.

If we are struggling do you think people are going to pay £30+ to sit up there and watch us play Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc, I don't, we could end up playing in from of empty seats some week when it should be packed out every week.

We are Cardiff City and this is South Wales, we all know how fickle our fans are/can be, we should be following the example set by Huddersfield etc, time will tell I suppose, I hope I'm wrong but I think they have made a mistake.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Or looking at it another way, a season ticket in the Red Seats now works out at £27 a game and in the Canton corners £25 a game, so walk up is going to be through the roof based on this season.

This season a season ticket in the Ninian stand worked out at £14 a game but walk up was anywhere between £23-27 depending on who we were playing this season. If walk up tickets have that increase you will be looking at somewhere between £35-40 for walk up.

Now lets be honest, I don't think many people are expecting us to take the league by storm so if we are struggling at those prices do you honestly see people paying those prices to see us play the likes of anyone other than the top 6 and maybe Everton?

I would have left the prices as they were if I was the Club, shifted all the season tickets they are allowed to put on sale and then any walk up they would have had the opportunity to put on sale at a price dependent on how we are doing and who we are playing.

I think they have made a mistake to be honest with you, a short sighed one, I have no idea why they think the Red Seats are worth £509 either, when I sat up there I though it was dreadful, to detached from everything.

If we are struggling do you think people are going to pay £30+ to sit up there and watch us play Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc, I don't, we could end up playing in from of empty seats some week when it should be packed out every week.

We are Cardiff City and this is South Wales, we all know how fickle our fans are/can be, we should be following the example set by Huddersfield etc, time will tell I suppose, I hope I'm wrong but I think they have made a mistake.

have a breath and a think about it.

tickets for the "lesser" teams will be cheaper than £30 for sure.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:17 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Agreed there will be an A/B/C price tier which is what I think we had last time around.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Nah they won't, they can't be as they can't be less than what a season ticket costs.

I would have just kept them the same, I paid £369 for mine in the Ninian Stand, I don't care if someone is buying now for whatever reason, I get nothing out of them paying more, I only want to see the place packed, like it was on Sunday.

Assuming they hold back '3,000' seats for walk up, and assuming some weeks not all away Clubs will take up their full allocation of '3,000', we could be looking at crowds under 30,000 some weeks, which is still good but I would rather pack it out.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Loyster wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Agreed there will be an A/B/C price tier which is what I think we had last time around.

See above, match day prices cannot be lower than a season ticket, with the £5 charge Canton Corners are £25 a game, and Red seats are £27 a game, match day prices over the past few season's have typically had a price increase of anywhere between £6-10, sometimes more when you include booking fee, assuming the Club follow a similar pricing strategy they have the in the past, walk up tickets will be anywhere between £35-40.

I am not making it up... :lol:

Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 pm

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Nah they won't, they can't be as they can't be less than what a season ticket costs.

I would have just kept them the same, I paid £369 for mine in the Ninian Stand, I don't care if someone is buying now for whatever reason, I get nothing out of them paying more, I only want to see the place packed, like it was on Sunday.

Assuming they hold back '3,000' seats for walk up, and assuming some weeks not all away Clubs will take up their full allocation of '3,000', we could be looking at crowds under 30,000 some weeks, which is still good but I would rather pack it out.

need to stop jumping the gun really.

average price is £26 quid (ish)

lesser teams will probably not be much more than this. bigger teams will be more. perhaps theyll do a package deal to encourage sales of Cat C alongside the Cat A

the club could easily do
8 cat A - £35 (united, city, liverpool, arsenal, spurs, chelsea, swansea, Everton)
5 Cat B £30 (leicester, Burnley, West Ham, Wolves, Newcastle)
6Cat C £25 (Huddersfield, Palace, Brighton, Southampton, Bournmouth, Fulham)

total cost £580 :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2018 2:43 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Loyster wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

See above, match day prices cannot be lower than a season ticket, with the £5 charge Canton Corners are £25 a game, and Red seats are £27 a game, match day prices over the past few season's have typically had a price increase of anywhere between £6-10, sometimes more when you include booking fee, assuming the Club follow a similar pricing strategy they have the in the past, walk up tickets will be anywhere between £35-40.

I am not making it up... :lol:

I get your logic RV but in the past they have had to be higher than season ticket prices to promote season ticket sales.

They can get away with charging the same as the latest pricing because not everyone wants to buy a season ticket. If you want to guarantee a top 6 ticket you buy now or take your chances. Those that have bought at increased ST prices can not moan there is no discount as the club can say there was a discount had you bought them before promotion.

As the red seats are open every game next season they will make sure they get bums on seats with prices at £509/19=£27 plus booking fee.

Lets face it we are going to need every point we can get and premier league attendances dont tend to vary even for the lower achieving teams versus those around them as these games are often a league within a league https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/prem ... ttendances

Re: Breaking Back On Sale: “ Season Ticket price increase...

Tue May 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Season tickets were on sale since March , early bird offer even cheaper.
No one can complain about current pricing.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Loyster wrote:Before we got promoted corner between canton and ninian was £399. Now up to £469 which is still good for premiership football.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbright: :thumbright: SO FAR OVER 19,000 SEASON TICKETS SOLD FOR NEXT SEASON :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Season 2018/19
WE ARE ONE. WE ARE BLUEBIRDS…. 2018/19 SEASON TICKETS ON SALE NOW! :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Please note that all Cardiff City tickets are subject to a £1 per ticket booking charge and a £1 per transaction fee.

For the 2018/19 Season, all Season Ticket Holders will be receiving a new season ticket access card – please select "Season Ticket Admin Charge", unless you are purchasing via V12 finance as the admin charge will be included in your finance arrangement fee.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cardiffcity/EDP/Season/Index/2762?returnUrl=%2Fcardiffcity%2FSeasons%2FSeasons

AND RIGHTLY SO / CARDIFF CITY ADVERTISED FOR WEEKS TELLING FANS THE CHEAP SEASON TICKETS WERE ON SALE AT CHEAP PRICES RIGHT UP & TILL 12PM ON THE DAY WE GOT PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 08, 2018 2:47 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Loyster wrote:Before we got promoted corner between canton and ninian was £399. Now up to £469 which is still good for premiership football.

Season 2018/19

AND RIGHTLY SO / CARDIFF CITY ADVERTISED FOR WEEKS TELLING FANS THE CHEAP SEASON TICKETS WERE ON SALE AT CHEAP PRICES RIGHT UP & TILL 12PM ON THE DAY WE GOT PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Don't get your logic here mate, wouldn't you rather they kept the prices down and sold the place out rather than risk rising them and hoping people pay it or are you confident we will sell out every week regardless?

I'm just a bit concerned that if we are struggling the tickets they 'have to hold back' won't get sold and we will end up playing in front of empty seats.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but you know how fickle our fans can be.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:58 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Season 2018/19

Don't get your logic here mate, wouldn't you rather they kept the prices down and sold the place out rather than risk rising them and hoping people pay it or are you confident we will sell out every week regardless?

I'm just a bit concerned that if we are struggling the tickets they 'have to hold back' won't get sold and we will end up playing in front of empty seats.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but you know how fickle our fans can be.

Because for me, the Cardiff fans who were prepared to buy the Season Tickets even if we were still in the Championship Next Season are Rewarded for this by cheaper tickets and rightly so :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

So now you get the fans who are only buying because Cardiff are Guaranteed Premier League, so they should pay Premier League prices, they never wanted to watch Championship football.

Loyalty has been shown by Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

We will still get an average of over 30,000 next season anyway :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Paid £99 for mine and have been for the last few years as a student, a ridiculous price to watch premier league football. I've had a season ticket since ninian park and i'm glad the plastics will have to pay a premium.

Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Good on Cardiff City, premier fans pay more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Me and my son bought our four weeks ago :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 pm

I've no problem at all with the increase - not that it will affect me! We all know roughly when the season tickets become available so there is plenty of time to save up for them if you want to avoid the DD service charge. In any case, most fans would have bought there ticket before Sunday anyway. To be fair to the club, they made it very clear that the season ticket sale would be frozen from 12.30 Sunday with an increase after the final game of the season.

If anyone is interested on what other clubs charge their fans, the BBC did a great write up on with data on 2017 club ticket prices:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931

Tue May 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Forever Blue Wrote

Because for me, the Cardiff fans who were prepared to buy the Season Tickets even if we were still in the Championship Next Season are Rewarded for this by cheaper tickets and rightly so :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

So now you get the fans who are only buying because Cardiff are Guaranteed Premier League, so they should pay Premier League prices, they never wanted to watch Championship football.

Loyalty has been shown by Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

We will still get an average of over 30,000 next season anyway :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Exactly this Annis :bluebird:

30,000 plus watching Cardiff in the PL I would have never have thought this possible back in the NP days. Or any other day recently coming to think of it.

Things are on the UP :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm

The club has got it 100% right and rewarded us loyal fans for our support and early financial commitment. Got mine early in the Ninian stand and my games cost only £19 a game. Bloody tidily great :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

But of course you'll always get miserable moaners :old: :laughing6:

Tue May 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Put the price up more I would, served their right for leaving it so late.

Tue May 08, 2018 4:09 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Put the price up more I would, served their right for leaving it so late.

For the past few seasons all people have moaned about are our supposed low crowds, now we have achieved something and the crowds have started to come back and we could grow people want to price people out from coming :lol:

There will be threads on here next year if we struggle along the lines of, 25,000 against Bournemouth :o where are all the fans.

Why not just keep the prices the same for EVERYONE, and build upon what has been a fantastic season and welcome everyone rather than point scoring all the time.

Only at Cardiff City :lol:

Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm

You cannot blame the club if they raise prices at certain points, I.e. after getting promoted. It’s a business and every fan had the opportunity to purchase season tickets at lower prices earlier on.

The fact that City have been promoted justifies a price increase as its all about supply/demand. Clearly Premier games are more attractive than Championship games hence there will be an increased demand for tickets. Many renewed as normal, some would have gambled that we would be promoted whilst some would have waited to ensure that we were promoted before purchasing. Each for their own but you can’t criticise the club for running a business. :bluebird:

Tue May 08, 2018 4:24 pm

I've got my season ticket for next season anyway but do they do Armed Forces discount?

I have been meaning to ask them for ages & it has just popped into my mind.....

Tue May 08, 2018 4:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Put the price up more I would, served their right for leaving it so late.

For the past few seasons all people have moaned about are our supposed low crowds, now we have achieved something and the crowds have started to come back and we could grow people want to price people out from coming :lol:

There will be threads on here next year if we struggle along the lines of, 25,000 against Bournemouth :o where are all the fans.

Why not just keep the prices the same for EVERYONE, and build upon what has been a fantastic season and welcome everyone rather than point scoring all the time.

I would charge Topwak, but being a businessman myself that’s what I do, when works busy and I’m pricing I charge topwak, when works quiet you reduce the quotes to get the work in. So it’s similar with footy, when we are doing well charge topwak, when we are not doing so well offer cheap tickets, simple mathematics Watson.

Tue May 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Loyster wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Tickets maybe on par ST holders pay per match but only for lesser teams, but walk up will pay more for like of man u so walk up pay more then. Over price game like Burnley and won't get fans in :old:

Tue May 08, 2018 5:14 pm

BlueKush wrote:I've got my season ticket for next season anyway but do they do Armed Forces discount?

I have been meaning to ask them for ages & it has just popped into my mind.....

The club used to do it direct but now you have to go through ‘Tickets For Troops’.

Tue May 08, 2018 5:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Agreed.

What ever happens you will always get people moaning. I’m with you, should have just sold them as they were and packed the place out.

30k fans there Sunday were absolutely outstanding and the best atmosphere I’ve witnessed at the CCS ever. Supposed ‘Plastics’ or not, it was amazing