Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking Back On Sale: “ Season Ticket price increase...

Tue May 08, 2018 5:48 pm

They will sell out anyway. I wouldn't leave may for walk up as they won't sell in small games. 1000max I would.

Tue May 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Well I paid the same as last year
But last year I got 23 games for my money
This year I will get only 19
That's roughly 20%
I'm not complaining but it is an increase on last season
People were warned to get them early or pay more
Glad the club has honoured thier word
Hope they give season ticket holders special offers on bring a friend matches
And I hope they get the away allocation criteria right
Last year's away regulars must be looked after first

Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 pm

I think it's fair, the people buying now are buying purely because it's a premiership season and that then brings a premiership price. It was to he expected.

Tue May 08, 2018 6:16 pm

trotskie wrote:They will sell out anyway. I wouldn't leave may for walk up as they won't sell in small games. 1000max I would.

They have to leave 10% for match day sales and 3000 for the away section but I would expect them to sell out bar that and quickly. The people who are buying now are buying guaranteed premiership football and should expect to pay accordingly. Those who bought early were paying for championship football and are reaping the rewards of their loyalty.

I still haven't decided whether Ill get one or two or not at all. To be honest if I could guarantee my place in the queue for away tickets I almost certainly wouldn't be buying. I really struggle with the journey up and down every other week. Supporting from a distance is a younger mans game.

Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 pm

norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Put the price up more I would, served their right for leaving it so late.

For the past few seasons all people have moaned about are our supposed low crowds, now we have achieved something and the crowds have started to come back and we could grow people want to price people out from coming :lol:

There will be threads on here next year if we struggle along the lines of, 25,000 against Bournemouth :o where are all the fans.

Why not just keep the prices the same for EVERYONE, and build upon what has been a fantastic season and welcome everyone rather than point scoring all the time.

Only at Cardiff City :lol:

Agreed.

What ever happens you will always get people moaning. I’m with you, should have just sold them as they were and packed the place out.

30k fans there Sunday were absolutely outstanding and the best atmosphere I’ve witnessed at the CCS ever. Supposed ‘Plastics’ or not, it was amazing

Thank You Norms.

I think some people are missing my point, I'm not saying it's not 'fair' or that the Club are not within their rights to 'up' the prices etc, I'm just saying in terms of selling out that stadium week in week out which is what I thought everyone wanted I wouldn't have done it.

Like yourself, I have sat in that stadium with 15-16,000 less than half full and there is no atmosphere, on Sunday it was absolutely phenomenal on a par with Wales games, jam packed.

People are assuming we are going to sell out and that people are going to pay the money but I am not so sure, as Epping has pointed out they have to leave 10% for walk up 3,000, plus 3,000 away, some teams will only bring 1-1500.

Would we sell 4,500-5,000 walk up tickets at £30+ for the likes of Huddersfield, Wolves, Brighton, Watford etc etc and that is assuming we sell 27,000 season tickets which is a big ask in itself with the rise.

Only time will tell now I suppose.

Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think it's fair, the people buying now are buying purely because it's a premiership season and that then brings a premiership price. It was to he expected.

Spot on Luke and Rightly so, not many times we agree on here.
Loyalty has been shown to our fans by our club and I can’t believe a few are still moaning.

Our club are going in the right direction :thumbright: :bluebird:

3,000 tickets will be on sale and 3,500 for Away fans 90% of clubs will sell out :thumbright:

I can see as I said crowds of well over 30,000 every game and the stadium rocking :bluebird:

Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 pm

I buy all my tickets seperately due to work commitments

I have no problem with paying £35 for premier league football

I paid £25 every game this year I went to and last year

If you didn’t get one early then you can’t moan now :)

Tue May 08, 2018 7:57 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I buy all my tickets seperately due to work commitments

I have no problem with paying £35 for premier league football

I paid £25 every game this year I went to and last year

If you didn’t get one early then you can’t moan now :)

Forgot to say if the club offer the 6 game deal if there is space available to allow this I will happily take it up this year didn’t realise it was their last term until too late

Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm

I just bought mine tonight on eticketing, not a lot left in 109 Canton Stand

Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Be wary using eticketing, I went on to buy another as I renewed in the Canton in April anyway but after I chose the seat in 117 it said sorry could not complete this transaction return to main page and try again. I did this picked another seat and same message came up.

Then had four emails to say I had purchased two season tickets :o :o :o

Better ring the club in the morning :shock:

Re: Season Ticket price increase....

Tue May 08, 2018 10:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:Well happy with that. Paid £299 for my ticket in the Canton back in March.

Price increase means money for the club, and stings the pockets of the people that had no interest in championship football. Fine with me :bluescarf:

Not sure if I could stomach an increase across the board next season though :x "just because we're in the "prem"

season tickets have barely moved in the last 10 years in fairness.

was in family stand last time in prem and think i paid £349?? on last year of riddlers price freeze...now in the ninian in cheap seats row m and cost me £299 on early bird so cant complain :bluescarf:

Wed May 09, 2018 6:05 am

How can people complain about the price going up!?

The early bird season ticket was on sale Months ago and advertised everywhere! Those that did see it, probs (not saying everyone, as could be other reasons) wasn't sure to buy it because they were worried it could be championship football, and didn't want to risk it for a biscuit!

You snooze you lose!

Wed May 09, 2018 6:56 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Be wary using eticketing, I went on to buy another as I renewed in the Canton in April anyway but after I chose the seat in 117 it said sorry could not complete this transaction return to main page and try again. I did this picked another seat and same message came up.

Then had four emails to say I had purchased two season tickets :o :o :o

Better ring the club in the morning :shock:

Only the one email for me thankfully, had a bit of trouble trying to purchase a seat near my mates but eventually got one in the area

Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:Well happy with that. Paid £299 for my ticket in the Canton back in March.

Price increase means money for the club, and stings the pockets of the people that had no interest in championship football. Fine with me :bluescarf:

Or looking at it another way, a season ticket in the Red Seats now works out at £27 a game and in the Canton corners £25 a game, so walk up is going to be through the roof based on this season.

This season a season ticket in the Ninian stand worked out at £14 a game but walk up was anywhere between £23-27 depending on who we were playing this season. If walk up tickets have that increase you will be looking at somewhere between £35-40 for walk up.

Now lets be honest, I don't think many people are expecting us to take the league by storm so if we are struggling at those prices do you honestly see people paying those prices to see us play the likes of anyone other than the top 6 and maybe Everton?

I would have left the prices as they were if I was the Club, shifted all the season tickets they are allowed to put on sale and then any walk up they would have had the opportunity to put on sale at a price dependent on how we are doing and who we are playing.

I think they have made a mistake to be honest with you, a short sighed one, I have no idea why they think the Red Seats are worth £509 either, when I sat up there I though it was dreadful, to detached from everything.

If we are struggling do you think people are going to pay £30+ to sit up there and watch us play Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc, I don't, we could end up playing in from of empty seats some week when it should be packed out every week.

We are Cardiff City and this is South Wales, we all know how fickle our fans are/can be, we should be following the example set by Huddersfield etc, time will tell I suppose, I hope I'm wrong but I think they have made a mistake.

have a breath and a think about it.

tickets for the "lesser" teams will be cheaper than £30 for sure.

Nah they won't, they can't be as they can't be less than what a season ticket costs.

I would have just kept them the same, I paid £369 for mine in the Ninian Stand, I don't care if someone is buying now for whatever reason, I get nothing out of them paying more, I only want to see the place packed, like it was on Sunday.

Assuming they hold back '3,000' seats for walk up, and assuming some weeks not all away Clubs will take up their full allocation of '3,000', we could be looking at crowds under 30,000 some weeks, which is still good but I would rather pack it out.

agree fully with all your saying , ensuring the ground is full should have been paramount...
quite shocked how much enthusiasm there is amongst some fans for newer season ticket holders { not necessarily newer fans } to be charged more..

Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 am

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Or looking at it another way, a season ticket in the Red Seats now works out at £27 a game and in the Canton corners £25 a game, so walk up is going to be through the roof based on this season.

This season a season ticket in the Ninian stand worked out at £14 a game but walk up was anywhere between £23-27 depending on who we were playing this season. If walk up tickets have that increase you will be looking at somewhere between £35-40 for walk up.

Now lets be honest, I don't think many people are expecting us to take the league by storm so if we are struggling at those prices do you honestly see people paying those prices to see us play the likes of anyone other than the top 6 and maybe Everton?

I would have left the prices as they were if I was the Club, shifted all the season tickets they are allowed to put on sale and then any walk up they would have had the opportunity to put on sale at a price dependent on how we are doing and who we are playing.

I think they have made a mistake to be honest with you, a short sighed one, I have no idea why they think the Red Seats are worth £509 either, when I sat up there I though it was dreadful, to detached from everything.

If we are struggling do you think people are going to pay £30+ to sit up there and watch us play Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc, I don't, we could end up playing in from of empty seats some week when it should be packed out every week.

We are Cardiff City and this is South Wales, we all know how fickle our fans are/can be, we should be following the example set by Huddersfield etc, time will tell I suppose, I hope I'm wrong but I think they have made a mistake.

Nah they won't, they can't be as they can't be less than what a season ticket costs.

I would have just kept them the same, I paid £369 for mine in the Ninian Stand, I don't care if someone is buying now for whatever reason, I get nothing out of them paying more, I only want to see the place packed, like it was on Sunday.

Assuming they hold back '3,000' seats for walk up, and assuming some weeks not all away Clubs will take up their full allocation of '3,000', we could be looking at crowds under 30,000 some weeks, which is still good but I would rather pack it out.

agree fully with all your saying , ensuring the ground is full should have been paramount...
quite shocked how much enthusiasm there is amongst some fans for newer season ticket holders { not necessarily newer fans } to be charged more..

makes sense that you pay more for a higher standard.

the club dangled the carrot of a price freeze if you bought before the end of the season... knowing there was a chance that we would go up (from the clubs point of view, they then sell more tickets than they would have if we didnt go up) now that we are a premier league team the tickets are naturally more expensive.

ill be shocked if we have a crowd under 30k next season, with the only possibilities being playing a team like Boro Iif they go up) in a night match or something.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 am

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

the club dangled the carrot of a price freeze if you bought before the end of the season... knowing there was a chance that we would go up (from the clubs point of view, they then sell more tickets than they would have if we didnt go up) now that we are a premier league team the tickets are naturally more expensive.

ill be shocked if we have a crowd under 30k next season, with the only possibilities being playing a team like Boro Iif they go up) in a night match or something.

hope your correct about attendances but im not so sure { looking at e ticketing ,they are not going like hot cakes } and considering something like 75% of available STs to watch this higher standard had already been sold and promotion will bring in a 100mill plus i just dont see the need to increase..
but mores the point fans wanting fellow fans to pay more than themselves..really?
one bloke on here actually said he paid £99 and wants the plastics {most who are not students } to pay a premium..many of these{ plastics }although only watching 5 or 6 games last season paid more for the privilege than he did.
i had a ST when there were just 2k ST holders, i just want the ground full and our club to grow..
this superfanitis does my crust

Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 am

dogfound wrote:

hope your correct about attendances but im not so sure { looking at e ticketing ,they are not going like hot cakes } and considering something like 75% of available STs to watch this higher standard had already been sold and promotion will bring in a 100mill plus i just dont see the need to increase..
but mores the point fans wanting fellow fans to pay more than themselves..really?
one bloke on here actually said he paid £99 and wants the plastics {most who are not students } to pay a premium..many of these{ plastics }although only watching 5 or 6 games last season paid more for the privilege than he did.
i had a ST when there were just 2k ST holders, i just want the ground full and our club to grow..

got three months to sell season tickets so im sure things will go well there.

certainly nothing to do with being a superfan, not from me anyway, but premiership football was always going to be more expensive than the championship and i dont see an issue with this.

pretty sure our tickets will be in line with other clubs

also, weather we have 3k or 6k tickets to sell on the day, im sure the club will have a range of offers to sell them out.

Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Thank You Dogfound, its nice to see another along with Norms who has the same thinking.

I don't think people are actually listening, nobody has really moaned about the increase, its the Clubs prerogative, just personally think its an unnecessary mistake, it doesn't affect me as I paid £369 for my season ticket, but I don't feel its necessary to act like a super fan and be pleased new fans are going to be charged £100+ more, selling the ground out is far more important to me and like you, I am not so sure this will now happen, especially if we are struggling.

People are assuming we are going to sell 27,000 season tickets no problem at all, and then sell 3,000 to walk up at £30+ a pop, sometimes we will have to sell more if the away Clubs don't take up the 3,500. Annis seems to think 90% of Clubs would sell it but I am looking at the PL Table now and I am not in agreement, I can see 7 that would, the rest is debatable.

All I can say is that 2 people who came with me Sunday have told me they won't pay it and as they took their kids that's 4 out. These are not glory supporters either to be fair but they are family men, floating fans.

Only time will tell now, I'm out of this thread now as I'v had my opinion on it and that was keep the prices low for everyone and pack the place out.

:thumbup:

Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 am

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

got three months to sell season tickets so im sure things will go well there.

certainly nothing to do with being a superfan, not from me anyway, but premiership football was always going to be more expensive than the championship and i dont see an issue with this.

pretty sure our tickets will be in line with other clubs

also, weather we have 3k or 6k tickets to sell on the day, im sure the club will have a range of offers to sell them out.

just dont see the need...the extra revenue form these 5 or 6k tickets will raise less than 500k thats the equivalent of 0.5% of the TV money. or 3 months wages for Ricky Lambert..
obviously i hope your correct about sales but we have only sold a few hundred since promotion when in my mind they should be flying out..

Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Who cares?. Bournemouths last home attendance was 10800 against scumsea.Bournemouth will be in the premier league again next season.im not sure if they are even looking to increase their capacity?.

Wed May 09, 2018 3:38 pm

skiprat wrote:Who cares?. Bournemouths last home attendance was 10800 against scumsea.Bournemouth will be in the premier league again next season.im not sure if they are even looking to increase their capacity?.

Spot on Skiprat, who cares! People like RV will always find something to moan about, if the club want to up the price it’s up to them, if fans don’t want to pay £30 walk up then so be it, the real fans in the stadium will make all the noise, 25k guaranteed next season every game, the stadium will be rocking 7K more plastics won’t make a difference, the real fans make the noise.

Re: Breaking: Back On Sale “ Season Ticket price increase...

Wed May 09, 2018 3:53 pm

As I said I pay £25 a ticket now I’ve no qualms about paying more in a higher league that for me is how it should be

If people have waited then they can’t moan now about increases

I too want a full stadium but the club is doing the right thing in my opinion as there aren’t many other clubs offering cheaper tickets than us anyway

£450 for premier league football is good value however you look at it

Re: Breaking: Back On Sale “ Season Ticket price increase...

Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Sales now past 20,000 on Season Tickets :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Plus 3,000 match day tickets & 3,300 for away fans :thumbright:

Wed May 09, 2018 4:48 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
skiprat wrote:Who cares?. Bournemouths last home attendance was 10800 against scumsea.Bournemouth will be in the premier league again next season.im not sure if they are even looking to increase their capacity?.

Spot on Skiprat, who cares! People like RV will always find something to moan about, if the club want to up the price it’s up to them, if fans don’t want to pay £30 walk up then so be it, the real fans in the stadium will make all the noise, 25k guaranteed next season every game, the stadium will be rocking 7K more plastics won’t make a difference, the real fans make the noise.

If giving an opinion constitutes as 'moaning' then whatever fella, I could not give a shit you don't know me I don't know you so your 'people like RV' comment is water off a ducks back.

All I want is a full stadium every game, we will see who cares when there are endless posts on here next season if the crowds are low.

Re: Updated: Back On Sale Season Tickets / price increase

Wed May 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Canton/ Ninian corner- only a handful left.
Not a lot in the Gstand/ Canton corner either now.

Still a few in the Grandstand on sale and about 100-150 , in 117.
We can't be far off what we sold last time we were in the Prem.

They've only been back on sale for 2 days, so I expect they will be mostly gone in a few weeks

Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Canton/ Ninian corner- only a handful left.
Not a lot in the Gstand/ Canton corner either now.

Still a few in the Grandstand on sale and about 100-150 , in 117.
We can't be far off what we sold last time we were in the Prem.

They've only been back on sale for 2 days, so I expect they will be mostly gone in a few weeks

I agree - if we’ve sold over 20,000 so far and 6,300 is taken by walk up and aways then allowing for segregation there are only 5,000ish possible ST left.

Club can judge sales over the next month and decide after that.

Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 pm

It don't take a genius to work out they ain't going to be low ffs.

Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm

No reason we can’t sell 25k season tickets and average about 31k for the season

Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Having against the odds reached the grand old age of 60, my ST in the Canton works out to be £12.05 a game for premiership football

Insanely good and fair play to the club.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:No reason we can’t sell 25k season tickets and average about 31k for the season

Thats how I see it Paulh :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: