Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket Sales

Thu May 10, 2018 12:53 pm

So everyone said they’d sell like hot cakes within days

They are still avalible and no one has said their near a sell out or how they have been selling

Any official figures and how they been selling last few days ?

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Plenty moved on e ticketing , Ninian all but sold out including the corners.
Upper moving nicely

Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm

The club have now Sold over 22,000 Season Tickets, plus 3,000 match day tickets available & 3,300 Away tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thats already virtually over 28,000 guaranteed every game, thats great as far as I am concerned :thumbright: :bluebird:

We will average over 30,000 next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu May 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Is there a rule as to how many season tickets you can sell? It looks like we are keeping 10% back for match days.

I know Man U leave a lot more as they know they will sell at high prices to "tourists"

Thu May 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The club have now Sold over 22,000 Season Tickets, plus 3,000 match day tickets available & 3,300 Away tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thats already virtually over 28,000 guaranteed every game, thats great as far as I am concerned :thumbright: :bluebird:

We will average over 30,000 next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

away section is definately 3.3k? thought it would be a little less than that.

last time we went up, my mate in 117 had to move i think :laughing6:

Thu May 10, 2018 1:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The club have now Sold over 22,000 Season Tickets, plus 3,000 match day tickets available & 3,300 Away tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

In the Prem isn't it 3,000 or 10% whatever is bigger.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Wayne S wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

doesnt have to be depending on segregation. if all full inclusive blocks in that area came to 2900 for example that would be fine.

no idea what the number is though.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Wayne S wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I thought it had to be 10% up to 3,000. Nothing stopping clubs giving more if they wish.

Sales seem very steady to me. Well over a thousand sold in a couple of days with the club are still holding back the cheaper outer wings of level 5 in the Ninian. Are they treating level 4 like the Synter lounge and not selling them through eticketing.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Paulh,
Our capacity has increased massively since the last time we were in the Premier League :thumbright:

Thu May 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Before anyone bites my head off this is just a question :D but am I the only one puzzled as to why the Club are pricing the upper tier of the Ninian Stand at a high premium.

I'm sure I read the center blocks are £599 :shock:

I sat up there for the Man City game and hated it, usually in stadiums the further back you go the cheaper the tickets??

There's nothing special up there either, facilities are same as downstairs?

Thu May 10, 2018 2:07 pm

RV Casual wrote:Before anyone bites my head off this is just a question :D but am I the only one puzzled as to why the Club are pricing the upper tier of the Ninian Stand at a high premium.

I sat up there for the Man City game and hated it, usually in stadiums the further back you go the cheaper the tickets??

not biting your head off... but centre blocks are 509 arent they?

Thu May 10, 2018 2:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Before anyone bites my head off this is just a question :D but am I the only one puzzled as to why the Club are pricing the upper tier of the Ninian Stand at a high premium.

Brilliant view in the top stand

Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

front section £599...

Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

just checked and it is 599... does seem a little steep

Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

There are seats available for £ 399 though the further back and away from the centre. I went up there Sunday, in the second row but the view was absolutely brilliant.

just checked and it is 599... does seem a little steep

Thu May 10, 2018 3:48 pm

I’d rather sit up there at that price than pitch side in the grandstand,
Think the pricing structure took a few people by suppose, shame they did not purchase early when they were plentiful.

Thu May 10, 2018 3:53 pm

fred keenor wrote:I’d rather sit up there at that price than pitch side in the grandstand,
Think the pricing structure took a few people by suppose, shame they did not purchase early when they were plentiful.

I don't think it's taken many by surprise to be honest mate as most of us and more had already renewed, 19,000 was it?

I think the pricing structure just puts off rather than entices the new fans we need to get the place full week in week out but c'est la vie, its the Clubs choice.

Thu May 10, 2018 3:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Wez, i purposely went in the upper ninian on sunday just because i havn't been in there before, i was in block 513 and only one row from the very back/top, i've got to be honest in my opinion, the view was fantastic. :thumbup:

Thu May 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Imagine they raise ticket prices to upper ninian level FOR EVERYONE NEXT SEASON :shock:

Thu May 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:Imagine they raise ticket prices to upper ninian level FOR EVERYONE NEXT SEASON :shock:

That would never happen as the club has a price structure in place for different parts of the ground.

I can’t believe that some continue to criticise the club over prices. Prices were very reasonable prior to being PROMOTED and everyone had the opportunity to purchase a season ticket at that price. You can’t blame the club for increasing prices as with promotion the demand is going to be higher. The club is a business and has to be run as such. All down to supply & demand. Seems that thousands have been sold since Sunday and at this rate there will be very little room if any left after walk ups and away supporters. Think the club have got it spot on. :bluebird:

Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 pm

108/109 nearly sold out now

Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Centre of upper top top tier is £599

Then right at the back 509

Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The upper tier in the Ninian has seats in all 4 pricing catagories.. The front of the middle blocks as high as the centre of the grandstand at £ 599. The rear of the outer blocks most of which haven't been released yet as low as the Canton at £ 399. You can be as close 8 or 9 seats between the highest and lowest costs !

Fri May 11, 2018 2:18 pm

epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The upper tier in the Ninian has seats in all 4 pricing catagories.. The front of the middle blocks as high as the centre of the grandstand at £ 599. The rear of the outer blocks most of which haven't been released yet as low as the Canton at £ 399. You can be as close 8 or 9 seats between the highest and lowest costs !

I wasn't going to say anymore cos I know I probably seem negative but I think they have fucked it. It's absolutely crazy.

Honestly now, our walk up in the Championship despite being in the top 2 more or less all season was almost non existent. Why people think we will suddenly shift 3,000 on a walk up for the likes of Burnly, Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Wolves, Brighton, Crystal Palace etc etc etc is beyond me, and that is on the assumption we are going to shift 27,000 season tickets.

Who cares, who cares they shout, well if we have empty seats left right and center in the Premiership and are getting laughed at I can guarantee you there will be endless threads on here about it. It's only 3 weeks ago when we played Forest that we had 21,000, we put 12,000 on that for Sunday... on the back of that in my personal opinion the Club should have said, right lets reel them in, ticket prices the same as they were AFTER the early bird, so everyone had their 'bonus' for being super fans (myself included) and I would have put the red seats on sale, first come first serves, 400 a ticket and sold the lot.

I'm lost for words why selling the stadium out wasn't/isn't the top priority over a couple of extra quid or other fans saying 'look at me, look at me' i'm a super fan you must pay more... :roll:

Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 pm

RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I wasn't going to say anymore cos I know I probably seem negative but I think they have fucked it. It's absolutely crazy.

Honestly now, our walk up in the Championship despite being in the top 2 more or less all season was almost non existent. Why people think we will suddenly shift 3,000 on a walk up for the likes of Burnly, Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Wolves, Brighton, Crystal Palace etc etc etc is beyond me, and that is on the assumption we are going to shift 27,000 season tickets.

Who cares, who cares they shout, well if we have empty seats left right and center in the Premiership and are getting laughed at I can guarantee you there will be endless threads on here about it. It's only 3 weeks ago when we played Forest that we had 21,000, we put 12,000 on that for Sunday... on the back of that in my personal opinion the Club should have said, right lets reel them in, ticket prices the same as they were AFTER the early bird, so everyone had their 'bonus' for being super fans (myself included) and I would have put the red seats on sale, first come first serves, 400 a ticket and sold the lot.

I'm lost for words why selling the stadium out wasn't/isn't the top priority over a couple of extra quid or other fans saying 'look at me, look at me' i'm a super fan you must pay more... :roll:

think your point would be a lot more relevant if you dropped the superfan nonsense.

Fri May 11, 2018 2:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

They have to leave 10% for match day sales. That's not just the walk up but the match day sales from a couple or so months before the game. I think they'll sell completely for nearly all the games. There'll be no walk up as in most cases there'll be no tickets for sale.

Clearly they're playing the market and I wouldn't blame them in that although they need to be wary of treating supporters like customers as its taken promotion to really recover from the last time they did that.

There's probably too many price bands in the Ninian upper. 4 people in seats where they could all shake hands with one another paying 4 different prices. In the whole scheme of things its not so much of an issue.

The Ninian development which looked a catastrophic waste of money now looks like a master stroke of foresight by Tan. I wish he had the balls to get on with the Canton and Family extra tier but who could blame for being cautious after the support drifted away last time.

Fri May 11, 2018 2:41 pm

I am bored in work at the moment and looking at the availability of seats it looks like there are less than 300 left in the main bowl ( mostly in the corners) and around 900 left in the upper ninian if they are holding back the side blocks of the upper ninian for walk up then there must be close on 25,000 ST sold.

Fri May 11, 2018 2:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

think your point would be a lot more relevant if you dropped the superfan nonsense.

I disagree Paul because if you read the board, apart from Dogfound and Norms, and a few who remained neutral, most other people seem to have an attitude of hike the prices as opposed to sell the ground out... that is something I just don't understand but we are all different, have a good weekend :thumbup:

Fri May 11, 2018 3:08 pm

epping blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

They have to leave 10% for match day sales. That's not just the walk up but the match day sales from a couple or so months before the game. I think they'll sell completely for nearly all the games. There'll be no walk up as in most cases there'll be no tickets for sale.

Clearly they're playing the market and I wouldn't blame them in that although they need to be wary of treating supporters like customers as its taken promotion to really recover from the last time they did that.

There's probably too many price bands in the Ninian upper. 4 people in seats where they could all shake hands with one another paying 4 different prices. In the whole scheme of things its not so much of an issue.

The Ninian development which looked a catastrophic waste of money now looks like a master stroke of foresight by Tan. I wish he had the balls to get on with the Canton and Family extra tier but who could blame for being cautious after the support drifted away last time.

Match Day Sales/Walk up, same thing in my head, my bad mate.

What I am saying to you is that if we are playing Watford at home on a Monday Night on Sky and getting dicked every week those 3,000 'match day sales/walk up tickets' are not going anywhere, especially at £30+ a pop.

Your a Cardiff City fan the same as me, you know how fickle our fan base is.

You factor in Watford might only bring 1,500, we might only sell 24,000 season tickets, that would leave us with a crowd of about 26/27,000 if we are lucky which is the point I am trying to make. 6,000 empty seats in the Premier League, shocking!.

If we had kept the season ticket prices as low as possible and sold as many as we could we could have guaranteed an almost full stadium week in week out.

By upping the price, not only have they potentially put people off buying them but they have also made it such that some of the 'match day tickets / walk up' are going to be £35-£40 a pop.

Everyone has got proper giddy by the Premier League, forgetting, in reality, we are a small/medium sized Club that can pull a crowd when doing well.

Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I disagree Paul because if you read the board, apart from Dogfound and Norms, and a few who remained neutral, most other people seem to have an attitude of hike the prices as opposed to sell the ground out... that is something I just don't understand but we are all different, have a good weekend :thumbup:

They may or may not - from what I read I think you might be missing a point - and that is, if sales continue the way they are, then the club will be filling the ground (which is what you want) without damaging the agreed and published pricing policy.

It isn't in our gift to dictate the pricing - it is the club. I for one understand the dynamic of early bird pricing, and whether we call it loyalty or whatever, it is rewarding to be paying the same price as last season for what is now a Premier League Season Ticket.

Anyhow - I think you might be confusing a legitimate point about people being snippy towards newbies with the desire to fill the ground.

Anyhow - not having a pop chief, all the best :thumbup: