Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Fri May 11, 2018 3:53 pm

If people did not buy at the cheaper prices and now decide because we are in the premiership they want a season ticket, then tough luck, they had a choice and decided not to buy. I think the club having given everyone the choice, should now do what they are doing, getting extra money for the club :thumbup:

Fri May 11, 2018 3:55 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Before anyone bites my head off this is just a question :D but am I the only one puzzled as to why the Club are pricing the upper tier of the Ninian Stand at a high premium.

I'm sure I read the center blocks are £599 :shock:

I sat up there for the Man City game and hated it, usually in stadiums the further back you go the cheaper the tickets??

There's nothing special up there either, facilities are same as downstairs?

not biting your head off... but centre blocks are 509 arent they?

Centre of upper top top tier is £599

Then right at the back 509

The upper tier in the Ninian has seats in all 4 pricing catagories.. The front of the middle blocks as high as the centre of the grandstand at £ 599. The rear of the outer blocks most of which haven't been released yet as low as the Canton at £ 399. You can be as close 8 or 9 seats between the highest and lowest costs !

I wasn't going to say anymore cos I know I probably seem negative but I think they have fucked it. It's absolutely crazy.

Honestly now, our walk up in the Championship despite being in the top 2 more or less all season was almost non existent. Why people think we will suddenly shift 3,000 on a walk up for the likes of Burnly, Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Wolves, Brighton, Crystal Palace etc etc etc is beyond me, and that is on the assumption we are going to shift 27,000 season tickets.

Who cares, who cares they shout, well if we have empty seats left right and center in the Premiership and are getting laughed at I can guarantee you there will be endless threads on here about it. It's only 3 weeks ago when we played Forest that we had 21,000, we put 12,000 on that for Sunday... on the back of that in my personal opinion the Club should have said, right lets reel them in, ticket prices the same as they were AFTER the early bird, so everyone had their 'bonus' for being super fans (myself included) and I would have put the red seats on sale, first come first serves, 400 a ticket and sold the lot.

I'm lost for words why selling the stadium out wasn't/isn't the top priority over a couple of extra quid or other fans saying 'look at me, look at me' i'm a super fan you must pay more... :roll:

think your point would be a lot more relevant if you dropped the superfan nonsense.

I disagree Paul because if you read the board, apart from Dogfound and Norms, and a few who remained neutral, most other people seem to have an attitude of hike the prices as opposed to sell the ground out... that is something I just don't understand but we are all different, have a good weekend :thumbup:

They may or may not - from what I read I think you might be missing a point - and that is, if sales continue the way they are, then the club will be filling the ground (which is what you want) without damaging the agreed and published pricing policy.

It isn't in our gift to dictate the pricing - it is the club. I for one understand the dynamic of early bird pricing, and whether we call it loyalty or whatever, it is rewarding to be paying the same price as last season for what is now a Premier League Season Ticket.

Anyhow - I think you might be confusing a legitimate point about people being snippy towards newbies with the desire to fill the ground.

Anyhow - not having a pop chief, all the best :thumbup:

On the contrary mate, the way I see it, everyone who was going to buy a season ticket (existing season ticket holders or people who had magic in the eyes and saw Premier League) already bought them, 19,000? Only the Club knows what they have sold since Sunday, someone said it was up to 21,000 but I have hered they have sold less than 1,000 extra.

People are going on E-Ticketing and thinking its all sold but it isn't a true reflection of reality.

Now they have upped the prices I don't think we will sell more than 24,000 Season Tickets, because they upped the season tickets it means they have less leverage on match day sales/walk up (which is currently non existent) so i fail to see how that is going to improve if we are at the bottom and playing Huddersfield on Sky on a Monday Night.

If they had kept the season ticket prices low for EVERYBODY, not only would they have sold the lot, they would have also given themselves more leverage for the matchday/walk up tickets IF we are struggling.

I totally understand the dynamics of early bird pricing, rewards, etc, but all that comes after you have a fan base that is filling your ground week in week out.

We are nowhere near that yet, as I said 3 weeks ago, we were second in the League, playing Forest and pulled in 21,000 and tickets were cheap.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Igovernor wrote:If people did not buy at the cheaper prices and now decide because we are in the premiership they want a season ticket, then tough luck, they had a choice and decided not to buy. I think the club having given everyone the choice, should now do what they are doing, getting extra money for the club :thumbup:

Bingo.

Thank You very much, you are the exact reason why this Club will never be massive and move forward, because rather than fill the ground, regardless of it is because they are coming just because we are in the Premiership, you would rather they didn't or paid more money.

I started watching Cardiff the year we won the championship in 1992/93 and I am just glad that the fans that were there at that time didn't share your opinion or my family would never have started supporting Cardiff and becoming the life long fans we are because we wouldn't have been able to afford it.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Cardiff City Season Ticket Sales have Already Beaten last time we got promoted (22,500) They are now above 23,000 including Premier Seats etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Then add 3,000 match day tickets and 3,300 approx Away Fans( virtually will always be sold out) :thumbright:

Fri May 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Season Ticket Sales have Already Beaten last time we got promoted (22,500) They are now above 23,000 including Premier Seats etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Then add 3,000 match day tickets and 3,300 approx Away Fans( virtually will always be sold out) :thumbright:

Any word on how many season tickets the club are wanting to sell, Annis?

Fri May 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Club are following a successful and well used model by increasing season ticket prices when demand is increasing and supply reducing and rewarding loyal fans at the same time.
They have got it spot on.

Hundreds are selling every day and this will continue, this is with minimal marketing.

If sales slow down then they will just have to psh the marketing a little.

Probably only about 3 thousand left to sell if the figure of 23k is correct

Fri May 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Club are following a successful and well used model by increasing season ticket prices when demand is increasing and supply reducing and rewarding loyal fans at the same time.

Hundreds are selling every day and this will continue, this is with minimal marketing.

I hope your right and I am wrong, I suppose only time will tell now, I just want a full stadium :thumbup:

Fri May 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Club are following a successful and well used model by increasing season ticket prices when demand is increasing and supply reducing and rewarding loyal fans at the same time.

Totally agree, the club have got it spot on. Running it as a business which it is (supply/demand) whilst rewarding loyal fans. :bluebird:

Fri May 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Spot on Tim and Our Club are Rightly Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri May 11, 2018 5:18 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

Totally agree, the club have got it spot on. Running it as a business which it is (supply/demand) whilst rewarding loyal fans. :bluebird:

I Second that and the Loyal Fans should be Rewarded :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Pure speculation on my part but they seem very reluctant to open the outer blocks of the upper Ninian. Is there any chance they're thinking they may need these to displace fans from rear of the Canton and Family while they put the extra tier in which from now would run into the season ? Probably more wishful thinking on my part but our confidence to do this sets apart from the Jacks. Where would we be with 7 years of a full stadium in the prem ?

Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 pm

epping blue wrote:Pure speculation on my part but they seem very reluctant to open the outer blocks of the upper Ninian. Is there any chance they're thinking they may need these to displace fans from rear of the Canton and Family while they put the extra tier in which from now would run into the season ? Probably more wishful thinking on my part but our confidence to do this sets apart from the Jacks. Where would we be with 7 years of a full stadium in the prem ?

Seriously :shock:

I hope to god not, have we not learned from our mistakes of the past? Lets see if we can fill 33,000 for a season or 5 first and take it from there.

Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

I Second that and the Loyal Fans should be Rewarded :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

sorry but charging other people more than myself is not in anyway rewarding me..
besides i love the club and dont need rewarding for it...

Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm

RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:Pure speculation on my part but they seem very reluctant to open the outer blocks of the upper Ninian. Is there any chance they're thinking they may need these to displace fans from rear of the Canton and Family while they put the extra tier in which from now would run into the season ? Probably more wishful thinking on my part but our confidence to do this sets apart from the Jacks. Where would we be with 7 years of a full stadium in the prem ?

I hope to god not, have we not learned from our mistakes of the past? Lets see if we can fill 33,000 for a season or 5 first and take it from there.

No chance why spend 11m+ on something may never use except for Wales games? Plus like ninian extension would need preliminary work before season finishes to be ready by start next season :old:

Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Season Ticket Sales have Already Beaten last time we got promoted (22,500) They are now above 23,000 including Premier Seats etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

That’s fantastic considering we have been promoted a few days, it will swell over the summer and we will average around 30,000 in my opinion if not a bit more. It would make us the 10th best supported team in the premiership based on this seasons figures. Staggering considering it’s our second time.

Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Tim and Our Club are Rightly Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Couldn’t agree more, we have all been rewarded and they will sell the maximum season tickets in my opinion to people who want to watch Cardiff in the premiership. My mate has bought two, he’s been to 3 Cardiff games in two years. I joke and say what about your work and other commitments. He laughs it off and says plenty on a Sunday now, but he knows what it is but that’s his choice. Old new returning fans or city fans who want to watch Cardiff play top flight football all welcome. :thumbup:

Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

No chance why spend 11m+ on something may never use except for Wales games? Plus like ninian extension would need preliminary work before season finishes to be ready by start next season :old:

I don't see the Ninian extension as a mistake now. Even if we stay in the prem we're unlikely to be sure of our position midway thorough the season before we do it. So you've got to take he plunge which is what Tan did. He didn't build the new stand for the following season he built it for the future. As a result of that vision 5,000 extra fans will watch Cardiff City next season.

Who knows what the cost but we all know construction costs are rising year on year at a significantly greater rate then inflation. Don't forget these are relatively modest additions. Your adding capacity with no foundations and no roof and with significant elements already in place. Your bolting a steel frame on to the existing structure. your placing PC components on to that.

There's access stairs etc a good bit of M and E but its largely running off services already in place. Key to cost is whether they need to take the roof off but quite possibly not for the size of components involved.

This is not a physical extension on the scale of the upper Ninian although it will add almost the same capacity increase if they take into the corners. Its a fraction of the cost.

Anyway Up the Fulham.

Fri May 11, 2018 7:17 pm

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

I don't see the Ninian extension as a mistake now. Even if we stay in the prem we're unlikely to be sure of our position midway thorough the season before we do it. So you've got to take he plunge which is what Tan did. He didn't build the new stand for the following season he built it for the future. As a result of that vision 5,000 extra fans will watch Cardiff City next season.

Who knows what the cost but we all know construction costs are rising year on year at a significantly greater rate then inflation. Don't forget these are relatively modest additions. Your adding capacity with no foundations and no roof and with significant elements already in place. Your bolting a steel frame on to the existing structure. your placing PC components on to that.

There's access stairs etc a good bit of M and E but its largely running off services already in place. Key to cost is whether they need to take the roof off but quite possibly not for the size of components involved.

This is not a physical extension on the scale of the upper Ninian although it will add almost the same capacity increase if they take into the corners. Its a fraction of the cost.

Anyway Up the Fulham.

People keep talking about supply and demand, what demand have you seen from us in the last 40-50 years that would warrant us expanding the stadium to 40,000? :shock:

Apart from 3 crowds of 30,000 plus, one against Man City in the Cup and one on the Final Day to see us promoted, and one top of the table clash against Wolves.

We have some of the most fickle fans in the country. 2 weeks after the Wolves games and a defeat to Villa in between we lost 13,000 fans :lol: at our next game against Forest, absolutely unreal.

We have not been out of the top 2 divisions for the past 14 years but our average attendance is 18,429 in that time.

Any talk of expanding the stadium anymore than the 33,000 it currently is is bedlam, we will end up like Darlington when that mad b*stard built a 25,000 stadium for them.

Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 pm

The bluebirds haven't played a single solitary season in the top flight since 1962 or lifted a major trophy since 1927 and yet you call the fans fickle lol.im staggered we can attract crowds of over 30000 even as 1 0ff when we've then you probably count reaching play offs and bumping around in the lower leagues as success I don't.

Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm

The definition of fickle is 'changing frequently, especialy regarding ones loyalties or affections'.

If you have a look at our attendances through time dependent on division or position in the League that's exactly what our fan Base is.

We had 33,000 against Wolves, lost, next home game, 21,000, lose at Derby, win at Hull promotion back in our hands back up to 33,000.

I don't think there's many teams that's attendances fluctuate as much as ours.

That's what you call fickle, sorry if you don't like it but it's true.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:00 am

Ninian 117 now sold out.
The way the tickets are moving, really can see 30k + every single game next season.

I wonder what the club have in store for the middle upper Ninian stand? Corporate?

Sat May 12, 2018 6:46 am

RV Casual wrote:The definition of fickle is 'changing frequently, especialy regarding ones loyalties or affections'.

If you have a look at our attendances through time dependent on division or position in the League that's exactly what our fan Base is.

We had 33,000 against Wolves, lost, next home game, 21,000, lose at Derby, win at Hull promotion back in our hands back up to 33,000.

I don't think there's many teams that's attendances fluctuate as much as ours.

That's what you call fickle, sorry if you don't like it but it's true.

So what you’re saying is drop the Season ticket price and we will sell out mmmm no. If people will not buy a ST at 509, they won’t at 409 or 309, unless you want to give the tickets away for free ? :lol: If someone wants a ticket they’ll buy it end of.
I believe we will sell our full allocation of 27k, 3K for away fans which 90% will fill, 2 k walk up which is standard even at champ level, so your talking crowds over 30K, who can moan about that! If there are 1-2k free seats then happy days it gives people a chance to watch city who might not be able to get a ST due to work or money reasons.

Sat May 12, 2018 7:35 am

" CARDIFF CITY WILL BE THE 10TH BIGGEST SUPPORTED CLUB IN THE ENGLISH PREM/LEAGUES NEXT SEASON "
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196463 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 am

About 300 left on sale for the main bowl now.

Top tier starting to sell now, a lot of the seats in the front rows and aisle seats gone already.

Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:The club have now Sold over 22,000 Season Tickets, plus 3,000 match day tickets available & 3,300 Away tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thats already virtually over 28,000 guaranteed every game, thats great as far as I am concerned :thumbright: :bluebird:

We will average over 30,000 next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

It’s gonna be a great atmosphere every game :thumbright:

Sat May 12, 2018 10:06 am

There will no problem selling 26k season tickets even at £599.
With the fixtures being published early June , I predict that all season tickets will be sold by then.
I do hope the club keeps a few thousand for walk up, appreciate not everyone can afford a season ticket.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 am

Fantastic news on course for over 25k season ticket holders :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2018 2:14 pm

RV is talking nonsense imo, there will be over 30k including away fans for every game, 10th highest attendance in the league what more do people want, if there are 1/2 k seats spare then happy days as it will give people a chance who can’t afford a ST a chance to watch the club they love against the lower end teams.

Sat May 12, 2018 2:23 pm

theclaw wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The club have now Sold over 22,000 Season Tickets, plus 3,000 match day tickets available & 3,300 Away tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thats already virtually over 28,000 guaranteed every game, thats great as far as I am concerned :thumbright: :bluebird:

We will average over 30,000 next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

It’s gonna be a great atmosphere every game :thumbright:

Going to be very very exciting times ahead :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:RV is talking nonsense imo, there will be over 30k including away fans for every game, 10th highest attendance in the league what more do people want, if there are 1/2 k seats spare then happy days as it will give people a chance who can’t afford a ST a chance to watch the club they love against the lower end teams.

Look butt, I couldn't give a shit what you think, it's MY opinion.

I hope I'm wrong and the place is packed to the rafters week in week out like it was on Sunday, I just think there would have been a better chance of that if they kept the prices down.

People can post all they want about what's been sold, E-Ticketing is no guide by the way, it's pure speculation unless it comes direct from the Club as far as I'm concerned.

Only time will tell now. I'm done on the subject now I'll be there regardless.