Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best ever loan signing?

Thu May 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Who has been the best loan signing City have made, in your opinion?

Bryson turned out to be a great signing, but has there been better?

Re: Best ever loan signing?

Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Jason Koumas 05/06 season......legendary loan signing

Thu May 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Gavin wrote:Jason Koumas 05/06 season......legendary loan signing

Agree - Best player I've seen in a city shirt.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:51 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Gavin wrote:Jason Koumas 05/06 season......legendary loan signing

Agree - Best player I've seen in a city shirt.

Yep that would take some beating.

Mind you Bellers in his first loan season with us was pretty good as well as Rambo in the same season !!

Thu May 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Rambo when Arsenal gave him back after an injury.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:54 pm

I would say Gary O'Neill. In his short stint here he was brilliant and I don't feel that is an exaggeration.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:54 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:I would say Gary O'Neill. In his short stint here he was brilliant and I don't feel that is an exaggeration.

I was thinking this to be honest but Koumas just edges it for me :thumbright:

Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 pm

The other one worth a mention was Eddie Newton on loan from Chelsea.

Absolutely outstanding for us and only a serious injury early in his career stopped him from becoming a really top player.

Thu May 10, 2018 2:17 pm

O'Neil and Koumas spot on different level.

Thu May 10, 2018 2:39 pm

two players instantly spring to mind, Koumas and O’Neil, they were unplayable. Sadly O’Neil wasn’t with us along enough.

Has to be Koumas.

Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Koumas was fantastic that season Bellamy was just a crazy signing which I still didn't believe until I saw him play the first game :lol:

Thu May 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Koumas first spell without a doubt, I liked a player call Ken de Mange. The worst the left back Dave Jones brought in, forget his name but went on the piss with another disaster loan the goalkeeper

Thu May 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Eddie Newton, Ramsey and Bellamy for me.

Thu May 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Eddie Johnson and Yanic Wildshit.

Both different class (unfortunately).

Seriously - Koumas. Loved watching him play.

Thu May 10, 2018 3:45 pm

65Blue wrote:Koumas first spell without a doubt, I liked a player call Ken de Mange. The worst the left back Dave Jones brought in, forget his name but went on the piss with another disaster loan the goalkeeper

That would be Jlloyd Samuel was a decent player with Villa in his younger days was an utter joke by the time we had him though

Thu May 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Koumas oozed class hunger and desire.

That said, Bellamy’s first season was sheer joy to witness that electric acceleration- every right back just shat themselves!!

Thu May 10, 2018 3:48 pm

65Blue wrote:Koumas first spell without a doubt, I liked a player call Ken de Mange. The worst the left back Dave Jones brought in, forget his name but went on the piss with another disaster loan the goalkeeper

Stephen Bywater and J Lloyd Samuel

Thu May 10, 2018 3:48 pm

phildavies wrote:

That would be Jlloyd Samuel was a decent player with Villa in his younger days was an utter joke by the time we had him though

I was thinking Kerrea Gilbert

Thu May 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Gavin wrote:

Stephen Bywater and J Lloyd Samuel

Thats them bloody useless

Thu May 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Going to be an outsider and go for Leon Barnett.

5 clean sheets in 8 appearances and someone who we really needed in his position and fitted in straight away.

Don't know if he would have made a difference for us in the Premier League who knows but stepped in when Hudson was injured early March and kept us solid at the back when we lost our best player arguably at the time.

Thu May 10, 2018 4:08 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Going to be an outsider and go for Leon Barnett.

5 clean sheets in 8 appearances and someone who we really needed in his position and fitted in straight away.

Don't know if he would have made a difference for us in the Premier League who knows but stepped in when Hudson was injured early March and kept us solid at the back when we lost our best player arguably at the time.

I've gone for the default Koumas reply, but that's a great shout!

Thu May 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Koumas or Bellamy. O'Neil was superb but he was only here for a couple of months. Thought he was bound to be an England regular.

Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Andy Campbell!

May not be where we are today without him.

Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm

phildavies wrote:

Kerrea Gilbert was actually pretty decent as far as I remember. Didn't he go back early or something?

Thu May 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Ramsey

Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Wayne S wrote:Rambo when Arsenal gave him back after an injury.

Same here - I don't think we lost a game during his time with us. And that pass to Bothroyd that started the move for Bellamy to score at the Liberty was brilliant; best noise I have ever heard for a goal celebration including Turner at Wembley. The whole away end shook :bluebird:

Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Kerrea Gilbert was actually pretty decent as far as I remember. Didn't he go back early or something?

Not sure! I remember him being super quick. I think we had him on loan from Arsenal ?

Fri May 11, 2018 9:32 am

Eddie Newton. Class act and him being carried off the pitch will stay in my memory forever.

Fri May 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Eddie Newton and Craig Bellamy

Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:I would say Gary O'Neill. In his short stint here he was brilliant and I don't feel that is an exaggeration.

Gary O'Neil was fantastic for us and for me first signs we were going places.