Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Curtis Davies

Fri May 11, 2018 7:34 pm

I know centre half is the last place we should be looking but I’d be happy with Davies.
A top championship centre back who’d stay if we went down ?

Re: Curtis Davies

Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Purely as a player if I could take one player from West Brom it would be James Mclean all day long.

Someone else I would take a punt on and we could probably get him for hardly anything is Callum McManaman, its a bit of a wild one but he had a bit of potential but some shocking career choices have screwed him right over and he is in League 1 now with Sunderland!!!!

Only just turned 27, a winger, probably get him for a nominal fee and low(ish) wages and I reckon would be a 'Warnock arm around the shoulder' player.

Fri May 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Definitely need a cb

How about Keogh :mrgreen:

Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 pm

f**k McLean.wont wear a poppy..end of.

Fri May 11, 2018 8:35 pm

daidap wrote:f**k McLean.wont wear a poppy..end of.

What’s that got to do with football though?

Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

The guy's a total knob

Fri May 11, 2018 8:58 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Exactly. And that's why I said purely as a player.

I knew some clown would pipe up though Paul, happened to be Dai Dick.

If you actually look at McClean's reasons its pretty hard to argue against his sentiments, he does not want to wear it as the Poppy does not only represent WW1/2 but the Military and all wars.

7 of the people killed on Bloody Sunday came from the estate in 'Derry' McClean is from.

In 2015, McClean explained his stance in the West Brom matchday programme.

“People say I am being disrespectful but don’t ask why I choose not to wear it,” McClean wrote.

“If the poppy was simply about World War One and Two victims alone, I’d wear it without a problem.

“I would wear it every day of the year if that was the thing but it doesn’t. It stands for all the conflicts that Britain has been involved in. Because of the history where I come from in Derry, I cannot wear something that represents that.”

How can you argue with that?

Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Rv casual dont call me dai dick u bellend.we got our reasons.i served for 22yrs and lost 3mates in NI in 88.we will agree to disagree.

Fri May 11, 2018 9:37 pm

daidap wrote:Rv casual dont call me dai dick u bellend.we got our reasons.i served for 22yrs and lost 3mates in NI in 88.we will agree to disagree.

Dai, I have total respect for our armed forces past and present. I shouldn't have called you that, was childish and I apologise, I assumed (wrongly) you were just jumping on a bandwagon like most do but obviously you have explained your history so I understand, its a sensitive subject but I did say as a player, you are the one who brought the political side into it, nevertheless, sorry butt.

Fri May 11, 2018 9:56 pm

RV...appreciate your reply.i apologise too.lets just marvel at the past week and enjoy our beloved CCFC.respect

Fri May 11, 2018 10:05 pm

I'll drink to that, take care fella and have a good weekend

Fri May 11, 2018 10:14 pm

No way would I want McLean a horrible man.

We don't need a centre back

Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Agree would not want mcclean anywhere our club.

Sat May 12, 2018 12:15 pm

You expect someone from Derry to wear a symbol supporting the British armed forces?

Sat May 12, 2018 12:24 pm

He's from Derry northern Ireland , but chose to play for the republic. So not a lot of loyalty to Derry ?

Sat May 12, 2018 1:44 pm

We will need a CB but probably not Davies for me.

Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 am

nojac wrote:He's from Derry northern Ireland , but chose to play for the republic. So not a lot of loyalty to Derry ?

You may not be aware that there is a debate ongoing about that.