Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Budget - How much?

Sat May 12, 2018 9:28 pm

I think people are forgetting how ridiculous the market is. Grey cost Watford 18m... IF there's any truth in it then a 20/30m budget? I think not.

Anyone believing the papers need to look at how random and secretive our business how been under Warnock. I can see more of the same, papers talking complete tripe, and Warnock pulling a few random names out of the bag that may underwhelm but will hopefully so the job.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Going to have to spend a good at least 40mill which in this day an age is pennies!!Got a fair few to ship out so hopefully we will do ok in recouping a few quid on their wages etc,need at least 6/8 quality signings in my opinion

Sun May 13, 2018 12:41 pm

stephendavid wrote:Going to have to spend a good at least 40mill which in this day an age is pennies!!Got a fair few to ship out so hopefully we will do ok in recouping a few quid on their wages etc,need at least 6/8 quality signings in my opinion

I disagree think we don't have to spend big on transfer fees ,I think we might see some top loan signings

Sun May 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion, We will have to bring in at least 8 quality players.

100% We need a prolific striker.

I honestly believe if Cardiff want to stay up in the Premier League, £40mill at least must be spent and that will be Neil Warnock working his magic :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

If we spent £40mill, then if our club is finally run proffesionally off the field, we will be able to pay of large parts of our debts :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Agree with you. 40mill if wanting to stay up. Only position I hope we spend money is a striker an midfielder. The rest I hope is players on loan, out of contract and good deals. Never going to happen, but I’m dreaming of Moanes Dabour!

Sun May 13, 2018 4:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Going to have to spend a good at least 40mill which in this day an age is pennies!!Got a fair few to ship out so hopefully we will do ok in recouping a few quid on their wages etc,need at least 6/8 quality signings in my opinion

I disagree think we don't have to spend big on transfer fees ,I think we might see some top loan signings

If you want to have a any chance of staying there you MUST spend money wez simple,loans are just a stop gap just look at the jacks renato sanches was supposed to be a 'top' loan signing

Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm just hoping the gaffers legendary network of scouts can uncover a couple of gems.Don't think we'll have to wait too long as he likes to get his work done early. :bluescarf:

Sun May 13, 2018 6:11 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think people are forgetting how ridiculous the market is. Grey cost Watford 18m... IF there's any truth in it then a 20/30m budget? I think not.

Anyone believing the papers need to look at how random and secretive our business how been under Warnock. I can see more of the same, papers talking complete tripe, and Warnock pulling a few random names out of the bag that may underwhelm but will hopefully so the job.

Absolutely agree! If they have any desire to build the club for the future the board need to come down to Earth and understand £50-60k in today's market is peanuts and at least £40k will be necessary to make this squad Championship ready. However, I have confidence Warnock will not make Malky's mistake in trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with many of his Championship squad. If they're not Premier material they have to go.

Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 am

ROBERTS WANTS PL STINT

Celtic loanee Patrick Roberts insists he would like to play in the Premier League next season.

The 21-year-old Manchester City winger moved on loan to Celtic Park in 2016 and the deal was extended last summer until June

What about a loan for this bloke!?

Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 am

City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I think people are forgetting how ridiculous the market is. Grey cost Watford 18m... IF there's any truth in it then a 20/30m budget? I think not.

Absolutely agree! If they have any desire to build the club for the future the board need to come down to Earth and understand £50-60k in today's market is peanuts and at least £40k will be necessary to make this squad Championship ready. However, I have confidence Warnock will not make Malky's mistake in trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with many of his Championship squad. If they're not Premier material they have to go.

I know the club won`t want to overspend and be reckless , but I would hope that they aim to spend more than £40,000 on transfers. :D