Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY WILL BE THE 10TH BIGGEST SUPPORTED CLUB IN "

Sat May 12, 2018 7:24 am

UPDATED 14/05/18

City had another rush of season ticket sales today :thumbright: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluescarf: " RECORD SEASON TICKET SALES FOR 2018-19 SEASON " :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Cardiff City Season Ticket Sales have Already Beaten last time we got promoted (22,500) They are now above 23,000 including Premier Seats etc, which is record sales of season tickets for Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Then add 3,000 match day tickets and 3,300 approx Away Fans( virtually will always be sold out) :thumbright:

It was initially thought only 26,500 season tickets will be put on sale?

Our Capacity is 33,316 (Expected to increase to 33,500 adding more seats) :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City are on course to average at least 32,000 fans not season, making Cardiff City the 10th Biggest Support in the Whole of the English Premier League & Leagues :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " RECORD SEASON TICKET SALES FOR 2018-19 SEASON "

Sat May 12, 2018 7:41 am

This will only be Cardiff City's 2nd ever season in top flight football for nearly 60 years :shock: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY WILL BE THE 10TH BIGGEST SUPPORTED CLUB I

Sat May 12, 2018 7:58 am

108/109 and 117 have now sold out Annis

Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 am

ccfcninian wrote:108/109 and 117 have now sold out Annis

Glad 117 is sold out. Bit of atmosphere

Sat May 12, 2018 8:07 am

Thst’s great news.Hopefully most will attend every game.The glamour teams will see big crowd just to see the stars and not expect us to come away with a result.The lesser teams should see us battle for a win so either way should be full house and exiting.Can’t wait

Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 am

ccfcninian wrote:108/109 and 117 have now sold out Annis

Eddie,
Before last Sunday, City had sold 18,000 plus season tickets, All I know is an extra 5,000, have since been sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 am

Guess it depends who goes up.
If Swansea are the 3rd Side to go down then the 3 going down have gates below what we will get and going up you have Wolves who've got a 34k ground and possibly one of Villa 45k, Boro 35k and Derby similar.

Sat May 12, 2018 10:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:This will only be Cardiff City's 2nd ever season in top flight football for nearly 60 years :shock: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I know we question our crowds but that's impressive sales when you consider how crap we were for so long.

We lost 2 generations of supporters more or less.

Hopefully it's the start of a new era.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:04 am

Time maybe to dust of phase 2/3 (canton/grange) development.

See pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:43 am

Great to see people getting back down the city , call them plastics but we need people getting down there

Now tides have turned hopefully we can get the younger generation back

Sat May 12, 2018 1:05 pm

:laughing6: :laughing6:
Swansea will still have one of the smallest stadiums in the Championship.

Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Halifax93 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This will only be Cardiff City's 2nd ever season in top flight football for nearly 60 years :shock: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I know we question our crowds but that's impressive sales when you consider how crap we were for so long.

We lost 2 generations of supporters more or less.

Hopefully it's the start of a new era.

Totally agree :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

And its Only Our 2nd Season in top flight Football for nearly 60 years.

Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Guess it depends who goes up.
If Swansea are the 3rd Side to go down then the 3 going down have gates below what we will get and going up you have Wolves who've got a 34k ground and possibly one of Villa 45k, Boro 35k and Derby similar.

True Tim, but at worse we can be is 11th Best in Prem/leagues :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

WE'VE COME A LONG WAY :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 12, 2018 1:50 pm

elyvalleyblue wrote:Time maybe to dust of phase 2/3 (canton/grange) development.

See pic

How much will that take the capacity to??

Sat May 12, 2018 2:52 pm

rossblue wrote:
elyvalleyblue wrote:Time maybe to dust of phase 2/3 (canton/grange) development.

See pic

How much will that take the capacity to??

It supposedly adds just under 3,000 behind each goal.

Suggested 38,000 to 39,000

Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

There was no "last time " unless your talking about 1960.this time its the real deal.cardiff city AFC the bloooobirds!!!!.not the horrible heinous red brigade.

Sat May 12, 2018 3:10 pm

skiprat wrote:There was no "last time " unless your talking about 1960.this time its the real deal.cardiff city AFC the bloooobirds!!!!.not the horrible heinous red brigade.

Your Spot on Really :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat May 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skiprat wrote:There was no "last time " unless your talking about 1960.this time its the real deal.cardiff city AFC the bloooobirds!!!!.not the horrible heinous red brigade.

Your Spot on Really :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I wouldn't dishonour the squad and management team by ignoring what they did for the fans.

Everything else had nothing to do with football.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Interesting that both Derby and Middlesboro didn't sell out for their home play-offs.

Pride Park, The Riverside Stadium & Cardiff City Stadium all have the same capacities.

Would we have sold out a Play Off? Boro were 4k off capacity and Derby were 6k away.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:23 pm

I'm certain we would have sold out for a playoff.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:30 pm

rossblue wrote:I'm certain we would have sold out for a playoff.

Thought they would have both also sold out.

Can only think there is the fear of failure and the stress of it all.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Don’t think we sold out against Reading, West Ham or Leicester did we?

Sat May 12, 2018 6:36 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Don’t think we sold out against Reading, West Ham or Leicester did we?

Sure we did for Leicester or at least we were only off by 100's and not 1,000's

Sat May 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:Interesting that both Derby and Middlesboro didn't sell out for their home play-offs.

Pride Park, The Riverside Stadium & Cardiff City Stadium all have the same capacities.

Would we have sold out a Play Off? Boro were 4k off capacity and Derby were 6k away.

I'm guessing lots of Derby fans stilled snowed in :happy1:

Sun May 13, 2018 3:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:

True Tim, but at worse we can be is 11th Best in Prem/leagues :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

A long and hard road ahead to get established there.

I've been in crowds of 50K watching us at NP and ever since those games I have always believe we can be a big club. I've never believe we are a small club like some and have always had faith we will break into the big time. All it needs is for us to get it right and hopefully this time we have.

Sun May 13, 2018 6:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A long and hard road ahead to get established there.

I've been in crowds of 50K watching us at NP and ever since those games I have always believe we can be a big club. I've never believe we are a small club like some and have always had faith we will break into the big time. All it needs is for us to get it right and hopefully this time we have.

Ian,

As a kid I felt exactly the same.
During this season I got upset seeing low crowds.

But the Reading game and the season ticket sales have made me believe again :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:..... During this season I got upset seeing low crowds.

Is that true Annis? You haven't mentioned it before. :wink:

Only kidding it was obvious how frustrated you were.

I'm a bit like baked. You cannot deny the potential is there, what is missing is the continued success.

As we can see even a little success draws in the fans. If we had the 7 years that Swansea have had our stadium would have been expanded to 38,000 by the fifth year and we would still be filling it.

Sun May 13, 2018 8:23 am

Wayne S wrote:

I'm a bit like baked. You cannot deny the potential is there, what is missing is the continued success.

As we can see even a little success draws in the fans. If we had the 7 years that Swansea have had our stadium would have been expanded to 38,000 by the fifth year and we would still be filling it.

I think the potential of this club is massively underestimated.
A premier league club will get 35k easily.
A top 8 prem club here would get 40k+.
I honestly believe if we has a champions league level team here we could achieve 60k attendances. The catchment area and interest in the game is there but sadly only at tge very top level of the game

Sun May 13, 2018 8:29 am

thomasblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I honestly believe if we has a champions league level team here we could achieve 60k attendances. The catchment area and interest in the game is there but sadly only at tge very top level of the game

We are not THAT big but I like your optimism.

Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 am

Wayne S wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

We are not THAT big but I like your optimism.

We dont have to be that big to attract those attendances. The level of football played has a much bigger influence than size of club.
Chelsea had lower levels of support than us 15 years ago. Success and a high level of football changed tge club.
Man city is another example.
Aesenal would have 30k fans if in championship as proved with there awful attendances this season when they have struggled.

This area is more than capable of suoporting a 60k a week team if they are succesfull over a few season.
This season alone we have had 2 games where the ticket office has admitted we could have sold 45k for Reading and Man city