Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY WILL BE THE 10TH BIGGEST SUPPORTED CLUB I

Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 am

I Heard 38,500 and that tan is deciding if he will expand at where we our in March e:g if we know were safe or not!

Sun May 13, 2018 1:53 pm

I think they will only expand if we become established in the prem

Sun May 13, 2018 3:15 pm

rossblue wrote:I think they will only expand if we become established in the prem

A lot said that before the red seat bit was built.

i just have a feeling we will see expansion around the ground to match what we already have a lot quicker than we think. Infrastructure of the stadium is going to be paramount for the future.

Sun May 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Ive said it a couple of times in previous threads, we are the 4th or 5th (memory ain’t what it used to be) largest single club city in the league based on the catchment area.

And I think a couple of consecutive seasons in the top flight will see us expanding and selling out every game.

Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 pm

I'd love to see us expand and have 40,000 sell outs every game, but only 3 months ago we only had 16000 against Bolton and probably 12000 actually in the ground.

Mon May 14, 2018 6:56 pm

City had another rush of season ticket sales today :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon May 14, 2018 7:03 pm

rossblue wrote:I think they will only expand if we become established in the prem

The ground is big enough for now, but I agree with you that if in a few years time we are still a Premiership team and we are not fighting relegation every season then expanding the stadium might be a good idea.

Mon May 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

The ground is big enough for now, but I agree with you that if in a few years time we are still a Premiership team and we are not fighting relegation every season then expanding the stadium might be a good idea.

Actually I agree with you. But if we have been in prem for 3 years and the tv deal keeps getting bigger then why not make it over 40k.