Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last club request decent pre season Friendiles

Sat May 12, 2018 7:26 am

Please please can we have some decent pre season friendiles! How good would Rangers home be? Or even a German side away?

Gone of the days of forest Green

Re: Last club request decent pre season Friendiles

Sat May 12, 2018 7:35 am

Surely we are one of those teams that now PROVIDE the decent opposition for friendlies. :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2018 7:40 am

A big Dutch team away?

We have to play Forest Green. I want my annual nut burger. (That's not a euphemism)

Sat May 12, 2018 7:51 am

Those regular lower league teams have helped us over the years get to where we are now. Shouldn’t we now help a few of them out in return even if we don’t send really strong squads. A lot are dependent on their income for survival.

Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 am

salopiancity wrote:Those regular lower league teams have helped us over the years get to where we are now. Shouldn’t we now help a few of them out in return even if we don’t send really strong squads. A lot are dependent on their income for survival.

We need to be playing against more competitive teams now to get us ready for the prem. Warnock is a fan of helping local teams so I’d expect to play against a few of the regulars, Forest Green etc. But I am hoping for a few bigger clubs to test our 1st team. Would be nice to see
Rangers or Celtic come down here.

Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 am

Escott1927 wrote:
salopiancity wrote:Those regular lower league teams have helped us over the years get to where we are now. Shouldn’t we now help a few of them out in return even if we don’t send really strong squads. A lot are dependent on their income for survival.

We need to be playing against more competitive teams now to get us ready for the prem. Warnock is a fan of helping local teams so I’d expect to play against a few of the regulars, Forest Green etc. But I am hoping for a few bigger clubs to test our 1st team. Would be nice to see
Rangers or Celtic come down here.

Doesn't he treat friendlies as just minutes in the legs? Doesn't care about results. Purely fitness. He said something last year about it. On that basis we could play anyone really.

I reckon the usual Cornwall tour with one 'decent' home friendly to cap it all off.

Sat May 12, 2018 1:45 pm

We didn't start to bad last season, after Cornwall. I'd expect it will be the same

Sat May 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Here’s the realistic situation. 3 Games around cornwall for Warnocks team bonding exercise. And 3 games abroad, and a couple at home.

REALISTICALLY the away games will be

Los Angeles FC
KV Kortrijkt
And a big marketing one like Wolfsburg again or something in Spain.

It’ll likely be LAFC & Kortrijkt because of Vincent Tans connection, and the fact we are a premier club now

Sat May 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Think city planning American tour according to Terry philips
http://www.dai-sport.com/bluebirds-tran ... ue-return/

Sat May 12, 2018 10:31 pm

desbluebird wrote:Think city planning American tour according to Terry philips
http://www.dai-sport.com/bluebirds-tran ... ue-return/

Feeling this could be a mistake.

Sun May 13, 2018 7:08 am

Stay at home and work hard on fitness levels.
Play good level opposition in the uk Mixed with a few local low key warm up games. That are easy for our fans to get to.

I would prefer us to play teams progressively getting better as a build up to the season.

Lower level games for squad development:
Taffs well (a)
Swansea City (a)

Step up in Quality games:

Newport County (a)
Exeter City (a)
Yeovil (a)

Big name top level foreign team at home

Maybe a tournament at the CCS involving Tans other teams