Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pace

Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 am

I hope that Neil Warnock brings in a bit of extra pace for the frontline.

As with Leicester’s/Liverpool example you cannot beat pace up front/out wide. Could do with a fast striker to play alongside Zahore/Madine.

Many of the stand out players in the Premier League have pace & that’s what causes defences problems, e.g. Mane, Zaha, Vardy, Mahrez, Salah, etc. Know we don’t have the money to compete with these players but would be nice for NW to find similar players to give us a bit more of a threat up front. Pace wins you matches.

Re: Pace

Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 am

Might be a bit out of our reach because I can see a few clubs sniffing around him but Matty Phillips from WBA would fit the bill nicely. Keep him fit and under Warnock he could be a machine.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:56 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I hope that Neil Warnock brings in a bit of extra pace for the frontline.

As with Leicester’s/Liverpool example you cannot beat pace up front/out wide. Could do with a fast striker to play alongside Zahore/Madine.

Many of the stand out players in the Premier League have pace & that’s what causes defences problems, e.g. Mane, Zaha, Vardy, Mahrez, Salah, etc. Know we don’t have the money to compete with these players but would be nice for NW to find similar players to give us a bit more of a threat up front. Pace wins you matches.

Agree with the pace comments but i doubt we'll play two up to in the prem.

It will be interesting to see how mendez does, he's got bags of pace the prem may suit him as it did noone.

Sun May 13, 2018 11:24 am

Zohore has a decent amount of pace in the middle, I'd imagine we may look for someone along those lines but I'd guarantee he will want more pace out wide.

Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Lots of people mention Phillips but he’s basically done nothing for a while now