Is Canton Stand block 108 standing?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby ccfcninian » Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 am

Does anyone know if block 108 is a standing area in the Canton Stand?
I've moved over and not sure if it's all of the Canton or just 104-107
Choose Life, Choose CCFC

Eddie Swales
ccfcninian

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Is Canton Stand block 108 standing?

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 am

I appreciate this doesn’t answer your question, but they let us stand (unofficially) at the back of 103. It might be the same in 108 as the block is also on the fringe of the central area. I’m sure this would change if they received complaints from other fans.

Just my opinion of course, but I think the entire Canton Stand should be allowed to stand as there are more than enough seating only options provided via the other three stands. Is there a H + S reason preventing this that anyone is aware of?
103 Barmy Army

Postby thomasblue » Sun May 13, 2018 11:46 am

It is half and half depending on the size of the game.
Big games a lot of standing and great atmosphere but the smaller games a lot of people sit.
Great view of the pitch and close to the singing area so is quite atmospheric
thomasblue

Postby thomasblue » Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:I appreciate this doesn’t answer your question, but they let us stand (unofficially) at the back of 103. It might be the same in 108 as the block is also on the fringe of the central area. I’m sure this would change if they received complaints from other fans.

Just my opinion of course, but I think the entire Canton Stand should be allowed to stand as there are more than enough seating only options provided via the other three stands. Is there a H + S reason preventing this that anyone is aware of?

I dont know why they dont allow everybody to stand from a certain row all the way round the ground. If you want to sit get a ticket in the front half of the stand and standing at the back half. Everybody is happy
thomasblue

Postby ccfcninian » Sun May 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks, I managed to get a seat in row N so hopefully able to stand there.
Choose Life, Choose CCFC

Eddie Swales
ccfcninian

Postby ccfcninian » Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

thomasblue wrote:It is half and half depending on the size of the game.
Big games a lot of standing and great atmosphere but the smaller games a lot of people sit.

I'm always singing at away games so it would be great if it was a standing area, I'll soon find out.
Choose Life, Choose CCFC

Eddie Swales
ccfcninian

Postby KBK-13 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:29 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
thomasblue wrote:It is half and half depending on the size of the game.

I'm always singing at away games so it would be great if it was a standing area, I'll soon find out.

I’m in 108, people usually sit down but last time we were in the Premier League everyone stood up for every game
KBK-13

Postby OnceABlueAlwaysABlue » Sun May 13, 2018 8:49 pm

My ST is 107 row DD...directly on the isle. I was told I am the last person who can stand as the isle separates the standing zone from seated area and that everyone to the left of the isle should be sat. Everyone generally stands for large periods though.
OnceABlueAlwaysABlue

Postby ccfcninian » Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue wrote:My ST is 107 row DD...directly on the isle. I was told I am the last person who can stand as the isle separates the standing zone from seated area and that everyone to the left of the isle should be sat. Everyone generally stands for large periods though.

I managed to change this morning to 107 row bb happy with that!
Choose Life, Choose CCFC

Eddie Swales
ccfcninian

Return to General Chat